• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Heres a great opinion question for you guys

-offer someone a book for $160 shipped

-declines

-list book on ebay, sells for $170 plus $20 shipping

receive this message

8cd9036c-44ca-4e58-a424-d759305cc5c7_zps97c29c44.png

- after this happens, would you sell to them?

Would a sale listing mystery boxes be allowed if there were no chase items, and the 1 or 2 boxes had the items listed that were in them, along with 10-15 comics that aren't listed? As long as its not a raffle or lottery type thing?Basically showing the value of the box + some mystery items that would be in both equally? I just want to make sure I obey the listing rules on these things..never done one before..Or just list em as Box of Comics 4sale?

CG,

This is not directed at you, but why would people buy other people's bulk , knowing that there can be no real detail as to contents, and there can be no chase insertions? If this doesn't kill the mystery box phenomenon, nothing will.

Ok, so as long as the high value items are described and no chase item listed as a prize its ok? Thanks for getting back to me..Mines not bulk seanfingh, I just need to make money quickly for a car issue. Otherwise I wouldn't be thinking of doing it..

Then why not just put the items on the floor in groups, describe them and set prices for each group? That way people can see what they are about to buy.

I understand the quick thing, but work is involved in selling, period.

I'm not addressing this at just you of course. I just think we have more and more mystery boxes because people want to sell things without putting the time required to give a good description and a fair representation of what they are potentially buying to people.

Unfortunately, If it's a mystery, it's a gamble.

Then why not just put the items on the floor in groups, describe them and set prices for each group? That way people can see what they are about to buy.

I understand the quick thing, but work is involved in selling, period.

I'm not addressing this at just you of course. I just think we have more and more mystery boxes because people want to sell things without putting the time required to give a good description and a fair representation of what they are potentially buying to people.

Unfortunately, If it's a mystery, it's a gamble.

And turning this place into a glorified ebay in the process. :(

Ok, so sell them just as a box full of comics and describe em..So it wouldn't be a mystery box really, just a set, with some #1's added in with them..I get it..Just do a complete box set sale..

Heres a great opinion question for you guys

-offer someone a book for $160 shipped

-declines

-list book on ebay, sells for $170 plus $20 shipping

receive this message

8cd9036c-44ca-4e58-a424-d759305cc5c7_zps97c29c44.png

- after this happens, would you sell to them?

Not sure I follow. Did you sell it for less or is his math messed up?

Ok, so sell them just as a box full of comics and describe em..So it wouldn't be a mystery box really, just a set, with some #1's added in with them..I get it..Just do a complete box set sale..

If I'm looking for something specific that's on my want list, then I'm going to sale right past mystery box listings. I get it that some people like gambling on the mystery, especially when the seller has done good MB sales in the past but If I don't know what I'm buying, it's a complete pass. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

$170 + $20 = $190

$190 - 10% eBay fees = $171

2dbj8dl.gif

:grin:

Ah, got it. Thanks. If there were only two ??, maybe I would continue to deal w/him, but three??? Edited by KPR Comics