• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

Most concerning to me is that apparently Chip is ignoring this discussion.

I don't know how to say this any clearer:

He's not going to come in and comment. B/c it doesn't matter what he says, the TROLLS will turn his words against him; they always do.

Why would anyone voluntarily step into the firing squad??

who are the TROLLS?

Started as a witch hunt.

Now we be a huntin' trolls :devil:

He's not going to come in and comment. B/c it doesn't matter what he says, the TROLLS will turn his words against him; they always do.

who are the TROLLS?

It truly doesn't take much to figure that out...look for the pack of individuals who all roll in around the same time when an "issue" has been been brought to light. True or not, they all pile on and make it their sole purpose to spew hate. They never say a positive word about anyone except themselves....

who are the TROLLS?

It truly doesn't take much to figure that out...look for the pack of individuals who all roll in around the same time when an "issue" has been been brought to light. True or not, they all pile on and make it their sole purpose to spew hate. They never say a positive word about anyone except themselves....

Those cgc board bullies are at it again!

who are the TROLLS?

It's too late in the day for me to try to decipher a list. Could you post one for me?

who are the TROLLS?

It's too late in the day for me to try to decipher a list. Could you post one for me?

If you don't know The List, you're probably on it.

who are the TROLLS?

That's probably why Brock hasn't answered. lol

who are the TROLLS?

Started as a witch hunt.

Now we be a huntin' trolls :devil:

How is this a witch hunt? Some interesting facts were brought to light and Chip has offered no explanation for what would appear to be shady actions at the least.

I've seen people defend MUCH worse though with even more vigor, so I'm not surprised (shrug)

who are the TROLLS?

I'm sure I'm on it. :cool:

I like to be on lists.

who are the TROLLS?

I like to be on lists.

Yeah, I could be on it too. Funny thing is, I think I'd find myself on Logan's "hoop jumpers and Defenders of Everything" list as well. It takes work to make everyone think you're a *spoon*. :banana:

who are the TROLLS?

I like to be on lists.

Yeah, I could be on it too. Funny thing is, I think I'd find myself on Logan's "hoop jumpers and Defenders of Everything" list as well. It takes work to make everyone think you're a *spoon*. :banana:

Brother you are cool in my book,must make me a *spoon* too! :banana:

It is difficult to grade a book by scans. As a result, the PGM forum has historically *undergraded* books . This is a well known fact to board members who have been here for a long while. There are psychological reasons involved, too, that needn't be gotten into here.

I agree with this statement.

It's easy to undergrade here to be "safe" and not set expectations too high. Also, there's a hidden pressure to not overgrade in the PGM because you can look bad if you're wrong. I don't post PGMs often. The last one I did got a lot of 8.0s and 8.5s and only one 9.0 assessment. CGC came back with a 9.0. This example illustrates the above.

Another thing to consider is that scans are overly critical of a books condition. What I mean by that is that scans reveal issues that really don't stand out in hand. So a book could look much better in hand than on a scan.

Just my 2c

And for the record I have bought books from Chip once (I think) and had no issues.

One final thought: I think this issue would be much worse if Chip was selling a book here as a 4.0 and then listing it on eBay as a 5.5 (in the previous example). Getting the opinions of others and then making a decision "on the ground" is a different thing in my mind.

Almost always in the same direction, though?

Isn't it a bit telling that he's not attempting to make any of these points in his own behalf? hm

Coming into this thread and commenting will do nothing but toss fuel on the fire. It's just what the big trolls want, right Boboset??

No. What I want is honesty and transparency when it comes to selling the funny books that I love so much. I'm disappointed, but not at all surprised, that you don't see that.

You think dealing the same book here as a 4.0 but on ebay as a 5.5 is ok? As Chips biggest defender, it's safe to assume you are ok with that. Correct?

Everybody knows that ebay is filthy with overgrading. I believe that most of it is due to grading ignorance. I don't have a problem with that. They don't know what they're doing. I do have a problem with overgrading on purpose. As we are a more knowledgeable set of collectors it is our responsibility to represent this hobby and our wares honestly on ebay. No overgrading on purpose, no shilling, no undisclosed restoration, no shipping comics in an unprotected mailer, no shipping profiteering. None of it. We know better.

can I join the Oak and Speedy-D list or am I still to much of a n00b?

I guess asking just proves how much of a n00b I still am :sorry:

n00b or not you are ok with me sir. You got cool books and spend lots of money. :devil:

:acclaim:

my wife sees it differently :tonofbricks:

It is difficult to grade a book by scans. As a result, the PGM forum has historically *undergraded* books . This is a well known fact to board members who have been here for a long while. There are psychological reasons involved, too, that needn't be gotten into here.

I agree with this statement.

It's easy to undergrade here to be "safe" and not set expectations too high. Also, there's a hidden pressure to not overgrade in the PGM because you can look bad if you're wrong. I don't post PGMs often. The last one I did got a lot of 8.0s and 8.5s and only one 9.0 assessment. CGC came back with a 9.0. This example illustrates the above.

Another thing to consider is that scans are overly critical of a books condition. What I mean by that is that scans reveal issues that really don't stand out in hand. So a book could look much better in hand than on a scan.

Just my 2c

And for the record I have bought books from Chip once (I think) and had no issues.

One final thought: I think this issue would be much worse if Chip was selling a book here as a 4.0 and then listing it on eBay as a 5.5 (in the previous example). Getting the opinions of others and then making a decision "on the ground" is a different thing in my mind.

Almost always in the same direction, though?

Isn't it a bit telling that he's not attempting to make any of these points in his own behalf? hm

Coming into this thread and commenting will do nothing but toss fuel on the fire. It's just what the big trolls want, right Boboset??

No. What I want is honesty and transparency when it comes to selling the funny books that I love so much. I'm disappointed, but not at all surprised, that you don't see that.

You think dealing the same book here as a 4.0 but on ebay as a 5.5 is ok? As Chips biggest defender, it's safe to assume you are ok with that. Correct?

I'm not so much defending Chip as I am attacking your malicious practices. You're the first person to jump all over someone based on unfounded allegations.

I hate to break it to you...but the people offering up grades in the PGM thread aren't very good...and its probably no fault of their own as I've said, and WILL SAY IT AGAIN, you cannot grade a comic based on a two dimensional image. You need the book in hand.

Honestly and transparency you say? So if he posts a book in the PGM thread...and let's say the avg is a 4.5...yet he feels it's a 5.0 to 5.5, should he post both opinions?

Something like: CGC boards grade it a 4.5 (but they're usually low (and sometimes REAL low). I give it a 5.5....so maybe it falls in the middle?

transparency would be saying an ad page has been removed or a MVS has been cut out. I don't believe he's flat out trying to deceive. How the hell can you deceive when you're offering up an opinion based on a flawed system?? And mind you, who's grading standards are we applying? B/c OSPG and CGC aren't N'Sync ;)

If you have a problem, just don't buy. Or make your own judgments instead of relying on a seller's assessment. And if you're unhappy, return the book. Its pretty simple.

Yet you continue to cause a big stink....krap in the TGT thread and cause headache after headache...but I guess since its for the "funny books that you love" its all ok. Correct??