• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Some boardies are out to get other boardies? Weird.

Some are also delusional paranoids. lol

Yes - there is at least one delusional paranoid following me around these boards. It's interesting to watch, and kind of creepy.

:eek:

brna6.jpg

Add another lol

Good morning Chris.

Most concerning to me is that apparently Chip is ignoring this discussion.

I don't know how to say this any clearer:

He's not going to come in and comment. B/c it doesn't matter what he says, the TROLLS will turn his words against him; they always do.

Why would anyone voluntarily step into the firing squad??

who are the TROLLS?

It truly doesn't take much to figure that out...look for the pack of individuals who all roll in around the same time when an "issue" has been been brought to light. True or not, they all pile on and make it their sole purpose to spew hate. They never say a positive word about anyone except themselves....

It's too late in the day for me to try to decipher a list. Could you post one for me?

If you don't know The List, you're probably on it.

I'm sure I'm on it. :cool:

I like to be on lists.

You're on the "Always Makes A Happy Birthday Thread For Everyone But Rommin" list

:roflmao:

:hi:

;)

ANGRY MOB (for 50 pages): "Burn him! We have all the information!"

CHIP (1 post): "I disagreed with the grade."

ANGRY MOB: "Oh." (sheepishly looks at feet...walks away dejected) :sorry:

lol

"You knew what you were doing quote-1.gif another boardie quote-1.gif, you wanted us to be all abuzz."

_39819101_janet_ap203.jpg

For me, Chip disagreeing with the PGM grades is not a huge deal and I can understand the boardie pushback on that. Personally though, I will choose not to buy from him based on the ebay grading I can clearly see in the auctions that were linked. I do have some trouble believing that the Chip who can match CGC grade for grade in the grading contest would grade the FF 74 with multiple BC water stains a 7.0, and the sub-creased DD 7 a 5.0, and so forth. But I agree that there's no capital offense here; we can all make up our own minds and move on.

lol

Wow, that's exactly what happened.

For me, Chip disagreeing with the PGM grades is not a huge deal and I can understand the boardie pushback on that. Personally though, I will choose not to buy from him based on the ebay grading I can clearly see in the auctions that were linked. I do have some trouble believing that the Chip who can match CGC grade for grade in the grading contest would grade the FF 74 with multiple BC water stains a 7.0, and the sub-creased DD 7 a 5.0, and so forth. But I agree that there's no capital offense here; we can all make up our own minds and move on.

2zo9enp.gif

2zo9enp.gif

Anyone who claims that he is "supporting his family" on his comic sales will tend to stretch his grading skills beyond their limit. :grin: Fact of life. Not my cup of tea.

lol

Oh, NOW we're going to start worrying about proof about what's happening around here?

lol

Oh, NOW we're going to start worrying about proof about what's happening around here?

C'mon dude, there was no angry mob, there was no witch hunt. Something came up that was questionable and he came along and gave some answers. I wasn't personally satisfied with them, but I don't think it's really a punishable offense. It's something that just deserves a mental note for future reference.

I asked a follow up question that he completely ignored.

Chip's prior post, along with your question is quoted in the spoiler.

I took the liberty of bolding the likely answer about his grade opinion & underlined the likely reason "why" he offered the more conservative opinion in the TGT since he felt others were scrutinizing his participation - certainly Chip is free to elaborate but his "statement" seem pretty clear with regard to what you asked - you are, of course, free to disagree with his grading opinion.

:juggle:

Hello everyone,

In the Giving Tree thread, I posted the grade the ST #115 had received when it was put in the PGM section previous to me purchasing it (which consensus-wise was a 4.0 average). I didn't agree with that grade when I got the book in-hand (I usually disagree with the PGM grading) but as to not cause trouble here on the CGC forum that's the grade I quoted when people inquired. People have had it out for me in that thread since the beginning so I didn't want to rock the boat.

Regarding my eBay sales, I grade the best I can when putting up several hundred comics each week. I offer a no-questions-asked 14-day return policy where I even pay the return shipping if anyone isn't satisfied for any reason (including the book's grade). I am a Top-Rated Power Seller on there with nearly $100,000 in sales over the past 12 months (nearly all raw comics). I have 99.7% positive feedback (over 500 this month alone) and high Detailed Seller Ratings across the board (including "Item As Described"). If someone isn't satisfied with a grade on any book they purchase I have them return it and I re-evaluate my grade before I re-list. Nearly all of the time I will inquire exactly what the buyer thought was wrong in my grading so I can improve.

Peace,

Chip

I'm not sure why no one has responded to your post, but I think many of us appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I'm not sure what questions others may have from your statement, but I'm going to assume that because you felt the book was better than the PGM 4.0 grade you had it as a 5.5 on ebay, so is it safe to assume your grade for the ST115 is 5.5, correct?

So in summary, it is "safe to assume" that your question was already answered rather than completely ignored.

Maybe Chip wants some transparency as to who is trolling all of his other online activities, because of TGT offers, before he feels comfortable elaborating further publicly about why he is doing what he's doing.

(shrug)

:taptaptap:

Edited by bababooey

I asked a follow up question that he completely ignored.

Chip's prior post, along with your question is quoted in the spoiler.

I took the liberty of bolding the likely answer about his grade opinion & underlined the likely reason "why" he offered the more conservative opinion in the TGT since he felt others were scrutinizing his participation - certainly Chip is free to elaborate but his "statement" seem pretty clear with regard to what you asked - you are, of course, free to disagree with his grading opinion.

:juggle:

Hello everyone,

In the Giving Tree thread, I posted the grade the ST #115 had received when it was put in the PGM section previous to me purchasing it (which consensus-wise was a 4.0 average). I didn't agree with that grade when I got the book in-hand (I usually disagree with the PGM grading) but as to not cause trouble here on the CGC forum that's the grade I quoted when people inquired. People have had it out for me in that thread since the beginning so I didn't want to rock the boat.

Regarding my eBay sales, I grade the best I can when putting up several hundred comics each week. I offer a no-questions-asked 14-day return policy where I even pay the return shipping if anyone isn't satisfied for any reason (including the book's grade). I am a Top-Rated Power Seller on there with nearly $100,000 in sales over the past 12 months (nearly all raw comics). I have 99.7% positive feedback (over 500 this month alone) and high Detailed Seller Ratings across the board (including "Item As Described"). If someone isn't satisfied with a grade on any book they purchase I have them return it and I re-evaluate my grade before I re-list. Nearly all of the time I will inquire exactly what the buyer thought was wrong in my grading so I can improve.

Peace,

Chip

I'm not sure why no one has responded to your post, but I think many of us appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I'm not sure what questions others may have from your statement, but I'm going to assume that because you felt the book was better than the PGM 4.0 grade you had it as a 5.5 on ebay, so is it safe to assume your grade for the ST115 is 5.5, correct?

So in summary, it is "safe to assume" that your question was already answered rather than ignored.

Maybe Chip wants some transparency as to who is trolling all of his other online activities, because of TGT offers, before he feels comfortable elaborating further publicly about why he is doing what he's doing.

(shrug)

:taptaptap:

cool-story-bro.gif

:D

trolling

There are going to be 'troll groups' wherever there is a community. It's human nature to group up with like minds.

Their intentions may not even be dishonorable and they might have the best intentions in mind but they continue to 'troll'.

It can be perceptions, jealousy, personality conflicts or they simply refuse to 'agree to disagree' but those small conflicts that people call trolling can and do continue to grow larger unless people put active efforts into trying to prevent them.

It's an unfortunate side effect of having large groups gathered.