• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Speaking of his Instagram. Looks like he was selling the same books there and here at the same time.

But I guess that doesn't matter cause he doesn't have to honor deals on Instagram apparently.

Edited by Gsims718

Speaking if his Instagram. Looks like he was selling the same books there and here at the same time.

But I guess that doesn't matter cause he doesn't have to honor deals on Instagram apparently.

I've seen people sell in a Fbook group and here a time or two. I don't know what to make of it as FBook feels so informal, but a sale' a sale.

No the rules require it to be a board exclusive offer. We've nuked threads before for being posted on instagram here at same time :gossip: Hustruck/CGCBoy and the mysteriously not actually bought Hulk 181 comes to mind.

Pertinent language is Rule 4 which reads "It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered here. It should be offered in the Sales Advertising board."

No the rules require it to be a board exclusive offer. We've nuked threads before for being posted on instagram here at same time :gossip: Hustruck/CGCBoy and the mysteriously not actually bought Hulk 181 comes to mind.

Pertinent language is Rule 4 which reads "It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered here. It should be offered in the Sales Advertising board."

(thumbs u

Dan

Okay, I'm starting to have an issue with a transaction that I need advice on. I'll try to make this brief and include every detail about the deal so each side is accurately represented.

Here is the sequence of events :

- A boardie and I agreed to a trade. I would send him a higher-grade book and he would send me several (7) books in trade. The book I was trading was acquired on the boards.

- He sent scans on most of the books (I accepted his grading on the ones not shown) and I sent front & back scans of my book along with 14 close-up pictures of every corner, staple and spine area as well as answering every question he had about the book.

- We agreed to do the trade. I received his books and was happy. He received my book and noticed rust on the underside of the bottom staple that had migrated to the cover. We had both missed it in the initial grade, and it wasn't noted nor noticed when I acquired the book initially on the boards. He said in his opinion the book was two grade points less and pointed me to an eBay auction he'd just lost out on that ended at around 15% of the trade value in our transaction.

- He asked that I either return all his books and he return mine, or I only keep a a few books that would equal his "new" perceived value and send back the rest.

- I offered a solution to get the book graded by CGC (I would pay for that) and if the book did come back at his grading I'd either refund him the difference in GPA between the original grade agreement and the actual and he keep it, or I'd refund the GPA difference in addition to purchasing the book back at GPA if he didn't want it. He declined.

- I then offered another solution where I'd pay him FMV for his books and he return my book. He sent a list with individual prices and then said he'd like to keep the book in addition to me paying him $XXX for the books I was keeping. He valued the book at about 30% of our trade value for the purposes of the solution.

- I countered with him returning the book and me paying the number he just quoted me plus the 15% value of my book in the auction he previously brought to my attention when he re-graded the book.

- He agreed to these terms, I immediately sent him the cash and asked that he send my book back.

- It is a day later and he is now trying to reneg on that deal and wants to refund my money, for me to send him his books back with him sending my book back. He said he "messed up his math" on the valuation of his books and that he "checked his Paypal and got dinged quite a bit from fees." The fees on the transaction total $18.27.

- His initial valuation of his books was a bit high based on completed eBay sales, but I agreed to it regardless. I didn't mention that to him.

- His last statement was that he hoped I'd "see how one-sided this deal is."

I believe our deal to be concluded. I want to keep the books we agreed on and get my book back, which was also agreed on. I feel like I have been completely accommodating to what he wanted (several times) and the last iteration of the deal was almost like a straight board sale where I was buying his books plus my own book back.

I'm not upset, I'm just annoyed that it seems like he is now trying to change things after terms were agreed upon and my end of the deal met. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

- He agreed to these terms, I immediately sent him the cash and asked that he send my book back.

Assuming this is accurate, then it looks to me as though the deal is completed. Unless it's a really obviously egregious error (like $100 instead of $10 for a book) then "messing up your maths" doesn't get you out of a deal in my opinion.

Keep it simple.

Whether one party is wrong or not.

Both of you return the books.

Wash your hands of the entire thing.

Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.

It's only comic books.

2zo9enp.gif

I almost stopped reading here:

- We agreed to do the trade. I received his books and was happy. He received my book and noticed rust on the underside of the bottom staple that had migrated to the cover. We had both missed it in the initial grade, and it wasn't noted nor noticed when I acquired the book initially on the boards. He said in his opinion the book was two grade points less and pointed me to an eBay auction he'd just lost out on that ended at around 15% of the trade value in our transaction.

It got way too complicated after that. You completed a trade with a book you didn't have. Just cancel the trade and both of you return each other's books unless the unhappy side suggests a fair, alternative resolution. 2c