• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So wait.... According to your scenario RMA, all I need is an intermediary to buy goods and I can use paypal personal for those goods. So going forward I buy a book from Junkdrawer (Who I think lives near Harvey in Massachusetts) and negotiate a cash price. Harvey drives over and pays Chris the cash for the transaction and I pay Harvey back the cash via Paypal personal. Fee free!

Seems less convenient than paying the 2.9%, but that seems the logical chain of events.

lol

Because lately it seems that you never stop. If you get your knickers in a twist over something you make your point and cannot seem to let things go when people do not see eye to eye with you. I actually agree with you in this conversation concerning paypal personal. Go back and check. But you don't just beat a dead horse. You beat it, steamroll it, flip it, repeat the process until it is nice and tender then write a ten novel series on the matter.

And what did Swick do....?

You think these debates are only one sided?

No, they never are.

There are always at least two parties involved, usually more, but you take aim only at me...? So I have more to say, and take more time and effort to explain, than maybe some others. And...? That means I'm "beating it, steamrolling it, flipping it, etc"...?

And again...your point? Who determines what is "enough" in a conversation? Whose right is it to say "we can only talk about this for two more posts, but after that, it's done."

...?

No, since you're angry at me, you characterize the situation as "beating a dead horse"....even though, as anyone can plainly see, there are still people who are interested in discussing the topic.

Is there some PERSONAL limit that each participant is limited to? Like, can certain people only post about a topic 17 times, but others can post only 5 times....?

What are these rules for discourse, so we all know what they are? Is it a crime to talk about a topic if other people are interested in talking about it...?

Apparently, yes. And, if one DOES discuss something at length, it's only because one has "gotten their knickers in a twist" because people don't see "eye to eye."

Why do so many people assign so much emotion to words on a screen? Answer: because THEY are the ones with those emotions, and projecting them right back at the very people they say are being emotional.

I didn't post for much of the month of July. Did anyone notice? Not that I'm aware of. But, get involved in a couple of serious discussions, and it's "lately it seems that you never stop."

Can't win for trying. Not complaining, certainly. I accept your perceptions, whatever they may be.

Like I said, I was going to PM you and make nice nice as I do not believe that I have ever spoken words against you or said anything that could be construed as mean spirited. But, I find I am blocked and realized right then and there, that with anyone that is that quick to pull a trigger or fly off the handle on something... maybe there are others that have a point.

Putting someone on ignore is "flying off the handle"..?

I think you may have your definitions of "flying off the handle" a little mixed up.

I put people on ignore for lots of reasons, Buzz. And yes, I probably have more people on ignore than most. That's how I choose to use the function. If you think I put you on ignore because I was "flying off he handle", and reacting to the situation, you would be mistaken. Did I announce I was doing it? Nope. I said what needed to be said at the time. You were making several flippant comments towards me in a row, for which you admitted you had earned the ignore, but it was really only the culmination of what I have been seeing from you over a period of time.

Why do you care that some stranger on the internet put you on ignore? If other people are "right about me", then you should be happy I put you on ignore, right...? Certainly no loss. Who am I, that you should care that I put you on ignore? Nobody. And yet....here we are.

Fingh is right. Apparently you very easily wound up.

I do not really care that you put me on ignore. It is more like astonishment as in "Whoa, what they say about this guy has merit."

I am sure there will be another classic RMA "Wall of Text" post's.

I do not really care that you put me on ignore. It is more like astonishment as in "Whoa, what they say about this guy has merit."

You will believe whatever it is you wish to believe, and will judge as you see fit, regardless of whether what you believe jibes with reality or not. The only question is why it bothers you so much that you make an issue of it. You, like many people around here, take things far too personally and see "wound up" where there isn't anything wound at all. "Talking a lot" doesn't mean "wound up."

Fingh's a great example: I don't interact with him at all, and he takes fairly regular shots at me. Who, in that example, is the "wound up" one...? Fingh has a chip on his shoulder where I am concerned, so why would you take what he has to say about me under consideration..? (Answer: because you are offended that I put you on ignore.)

Is that "wall of text"-y enough, or need I say more? I'm only reasoning with you, Buzz, so take it or leave it, but you really ought not to let it bother you so much. If you didn't care...you wouldn't have said anything at all, much less multiple responses about it.

EDIT: But just to see if you're honest, I've taken you off ignore. If you're really interested in hashing it out, send me a PM, and we can hash it out. If you aren't interested, then man up and let it go completely. Despite what some may think and say, I am a reasonable man who can be reasoned with, and that's demonstrated in all that I post. Are you...?

hm

You will believe whatever it is you wish to believe, and will judge as you see fit, regardless of whether what you believe jibes with reality or not. The only question is why it bothers you so much that you make an issue of it. You, like many people around here, take things far too personally and see "wound up" where there isn't anything wound at all. "Talking a lot" doesn't mean "wound up."

Fingh's a great example: I don't interact with him at all, and he takes fairly regular shots at me. Who, in that example, is the "wound up" one...? Fingh has a chip on his shoulder where I am concerned, so why would you take what he has to say about me under consideration..? (Answer: because you are offended that I put you on ignore.)

Is that "wall of text"-y enough, or need I say more? I'm only reasoning with you, Buzz, so take it or leave it, but you really ought not to let it bother you so much. If you didn't care...you wouldn't have said anything at all, much less multiple responses about it.

Okay

Just a heads up to anyone here. Agreed to buy the Avengers 1 CGC 5.0 tonight for $1900. Thread is here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8817485&fpart=1

but seller decided to edit the original post when I claimed the book.

Received an invoice and paid around 10:18 via PayPal. 30 minutes later I received a refund from the seller.

I suspect the seller has no integrity and received a better offer via PM an cancelled the agreement we had made.

Just a warning if anyone wants to deal with relicscity. I wouldn't deal with Tina and Christopher from Gainesville, FL ever again.

Just a heads up to anyone here. Agreed to buy the Avengers 1 CGC 5.0 tonight for $1900. Thread is here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8817485&fpart=1

Received an invoice and paid around 10:18 via PayPal. 30 minutes later I received a refund from the seller.

I suspect the seller has no integrity and received a better offer via PM an cancelled the agreement we had made.

Just a warning if anyone wants to deal with relicscity. I wouldn't deal with Tina and Christopher from Gainesville, FL ever again.

Just to make the warning permanent you should notify them of their contract with you and of the probation list, as a formality.

Just to make the warning permanent you should notify them of their contract with you and of the probation list, as a formality.

(thumbs u Done

(thumbs u Done

Good thing you still have that great looking 4.0 that looks like a 5.0... :sorry:

The sad thing is that it's not just the seller's integrity you have to worry about. A fellow boardie sent them a PM offer that was higher than the sales price, and most likely it was after they were aware you took the book in the sales thread. I'm aware that all the seller has to say is "No thanks, the book is sold," but sometimes people are in a situation where they just can't turn down money.