• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

The only people that would be willing to "play" would be people wanting to complete a ASM collection and they needed every one of those issues. The flippers / dealers would be happy to play if the prices were 1/2 FMV but why sell the sets at that point. There has to be some thrill or benefit to buying books that are a mystery.

The only people that would be willing to "play" would be people wanting to complete a ASM collection and they needed every one of those issues. The flippers / dealers would be happy to play if the prices were 1/2 FMV but why sell the sets at that point. There has to be some thrill or benefit to buying books that are a mystery.

right, at that point, there's no actual incentive to sell in that fashion, although technically 'legal'.

Similar how if done properly following the letter of the law, there's actually very little incentive to sell medicinal marijuana, although certainly it can be done and one generally has the right to do it.

It doesn't have to be runs like that. I structured it that way as it was easiest to type.

Name 10 exact books in each box.

BTW - I have never bought nor sold nor intend to buy or sell mystery boxes. Not my thing.

I know posting a link to the Facebook thread would be helpful but I have no idea how to do it.

The Facebook market is like this place multiplied by Comics General and then strung out on PCP.

I know posting a link to the Facebook thread would be helpful but I have no idea how to do it.

The Facebook market is like this place multiplied by Comics General and then strung out on PCP.

I actually left one of the facebook groups because there was an admin with creepy political propaganda who's sole purpose was to tell people not to bump more than once every 12 hours. I have made some good purchases and had 1 customer who kept buying my books, but usually facebook is a waste of time.

Get a room :sumo:

You would just sneak into it, just to read their diary so you could see what they wrote about you and announce how sickened you were... how so very sickened you were.

That was quite witty sir!

Sharp!!

I had an individual who purchased a single $30 item from me 4-5 days back. I gave him the total dollar amount and where he could send payment to but instead decided not to respond to me.

I know that there are guidelines we follow when it comes to selling and there's an amount of time a buyer has to make payment so I wanted to honor that. After asking when he would be paying and explaining my reasoning for asking, he still chose not to respond. He was clearly reading the messages, but I decided to think optimistically and maybe there was a reason behind it.

Finally today I messaged him saying "If you don't plan on paying, let me know now because you keep reading my messages but don't respond."

He admitted "Sorry, but I ended picking up one from a LCS for $30. Thanks."

Apparently the item must have been in slightly higher grade or something because that's pretty low to bail out on someone who was going to provide you the same item for $2 more. I suppose he must have zero patience.

This is my first time posting here so I'm refraining from putting his board name. Let me know if I should proceed by calling him out.

That's pretty crummy if they took the book in your thread and haven't honored that commitment and hurt you selling the book as other people were interested in it

I would agree and I feel justified as I know others would hold the same sentiment.

It wasn't a high valued item either so it's not this painstaking process. The principle of how it went down is what's disappointing to me.

You would think someone trying to sell his own books here would have a little more common sense. Nominate him for the PL.

Common sense seems to be in short supply these days.

You know, he just rolled in here from eBay/Facebook/Instagram/wherever and wants to apply the same flippant behavior here that apparently goes on there. RUDE AWAKENING TIME.

That's pretty crummy if they took the book in your thread and haven't honored that commitment and hurt you selling the book as other people were interested in it

I would agree and I feel justified as I know others would hold the same sentiment.

It wasn't a high valued item either so it's not this painstaking process. The principle of how it went down is what's disappointing to me.

To me, the lower price makes it worse. If another example was found on eBay, it would have been just as simple to buy white_rushin's copy as well, honoring the commitment (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Oh, I forgot my role as spectator. Gotcha!

Right, that's exactly what I said. You nailed it.

It's my interpretation. :whee:

No, it's not. It is, however, your means of making a statement that you think the topic has gone on more than long enough, that I'm belaboring the point, and you'll make light of it to counter that, showing contempt for me in the process.

No.

That's your interpretation. (thumbs u

No.

That's what is.

Otherwise, what you have been posting has no meaning.

Nail.On.The.Head.

It's so awesome that there are 2 experts who know more about what I say than I do. lol

You told me a while ago that you like arguing for the sake of it. (shrug)

I like sex too but I'm not always getting laid.

lol

I have a general question and not sure which forum would be best so I will ask it here.

Are kudos threads really that important if you are typically only a buyer and not a seller? Just wondering if I should bother with making one or not.

I've been away from the boards for a couple years (I believe the kudos threads started up shortly after I initially joined) and just curious as I more than likely will never sell a book here. I do buy a decent amount of smaller value books (past and beginning again) on here as I do not have a local shop within 100 miles of me.

Thanks for any input.

Sid