• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Please nominate him to the Probation List so that we can begin his case file. That behavior doesn't fly here. You are correct - the principle is important.

+1

If he doesn't respond here, he's pretty active on the Blowout Cards forum, so you might be able to alert him via PM there.

You would think someone trying to sell his own books here would have a little more common sense. Nominate him for the PL.

Common sense seems to be in short supply these days.

You know, he just rolled in here from eBay/Facebook/Instagram/wherever and wants to apply the same flippant behavior here that apparently goes on there. RUDE AWAKENING TIME.

I would not call this a lack of common sense. This is just plain disrespectful towards both the seller and the other potential buyers of the book which might have purchased it. He deserves to be nominated.

Please nominate him to the Probation List so that we can begin his case file. That behavior doesn't fly here. You are correct - the principle is important.

+1

If he doesn't respond here, he's pretty active on the Blowout Cards forum, so you might be able to alert him via PM there.

I just posted my nomination in the PL discussions.

You would think someone trying to sell his own books here would have a little more common sense. Nominate him for the PL.

Common sense seems to be in short supply these days.

You know, he just rolled in here from eBay/Facebook/Instagram/wherever and wants to apply the same flippant behavior here that apparently goes on there. RUDE AWAKENING TIME.

I think you are on to something. The FB/Instagram groups are run much differently than these sales boards are.

Dan

I have a general question and not sure which forum would be best so I will ask it here.

Are kudos threads really that important if you are typically only a buyer and not a seller? Just wondering if I should bother with making one or not.

I've been away from the boards for a couple years (I believe the kudos threads started up shortly after I initially joined) and just curious as I more than likely will never sell a book here. I do buy a decent amount of smaller value books (past and beginning again) on here as I do not have a local shop within 100 miles of me.

Thanks for any input.

Sid

I don't believe I've ever checked someone's kudos thread before buying something from him. Since you can't leave negative feedback, I assume that whatever problems buyers may have had with that seller, I won't find out about it in his kudos thread.

Edited to add: And I've never bothered to start one of my own. Or, if I did, I've forgotten about it. :D

Edited by Sqeggs

Just a heads up to anyone here. Agreed to buy the Avengers 1 CGC 5.0 tonight for $1900. Thread is here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8817485&fpart=1

but seller decided to edit the original post when I claimed the book.

Received an invoice and paid around 10:18 via PayPal. 30 minutes later I received a refund from the seller.

I suspect the seller has no integrity and received a better offer via PM an cancelled the agreement we had made.

Just a warning if anyone wants to deal with relicscity. I wouldn't deal with Tina and Christopher from Gainesville, FL ever again.

Late to the party.

Yet another example of why we need some very basic join date and/or post count requirements in order to start a sales thread.

Until that is implemented, we will continue to provide a safe haven for one and done scammers and nincompoops of similar ilk. It also dilutes the effectiveness and functionality of both the HOS and the PL when it's littered with gobs of these one and done d-bags.

:preach:

I have a general question and not sure which forum would be best so I will ask it here.

Are kudos threads really that important if you are typically only a buyer and not a seller? Just wondering if I should bother with making one or not.

I've been away from the boards for a couple years (I believe the kudos threads started up shortly after I initially joined) and just curious as I more than likely will never sell a book here. I do buy a decent amount of smaller value books (past and beginning again) on here as I do not have a local shop within 100 miles of me.

Thanks for any input.

Sid

I don't believe I've ever checked someone's kudos thread before buying something from him. Since you can't leave negative feedback, I assume that whatever problems buyers may have had with that seller, I won't find out about it in his kudos thread.

Edited to add: And I've never bothered to start one of my own. Or, if I did, I've forgotten about it. :D

..... I participate in the KUDOS section, but I charge 700 dollars to provide a positive referral there..... and it MUST be paid by Paypal Personal, 3% of 700 bucks is a lot of pizza. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(A friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks for any input.

Sid

..... I participate in the KUDOS section, but I charge 700 dollars to provide a positive referral there..... and it MUST be paid by Paypal Personal, 3% of 700 bucks is a lot of pizza. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(A friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Looking for another one of those participation medals, I assume. :baiting:

Brock posted a few days ago regarding an Avengers 1 CGC 5.0 and I have some more info on the seller. I posted in the Comics General earlier about this earlier, so here you go:

This whole thing started right after Columbia Comics took the Avengers #1 for $1900. Once I saw that price I knew something wasn't quite right, so I sent Relicscity a message to see what else they were planning on selling. They soon replied saying that they had an FF #1 CGC 3.5, Hulk #1 CGC 2.0 and an X-Men 1 CGC 6.5. First, I asked for a price for the FF #1 to which they replied $2900. I wasn't too sure about the sellers intentions at this point in our conversation, so I thought I would help by sending a GPA screenshot of a 3.5 FF 1 and explaining that the picture included recent sales. They completely ignored the screenshot and asked if I would be interested in the Hulk. I asked for a price and scans and they replied $2800 and provided this scan:

32_zpsdn3vi3xr.jpg

The copy looked great and I figured out that it sold in 2008 for $1325. Obviously I was thinking this was way to good to be true, but I though I would play it out.

I asked for a phone number to discuss the sale and figured they would stop replying, but I did receive a number. I spoke to Tina for about five minutes regarding her books and how she acquired them. Apparently her father passed away and left five to ten slabs for her to sell. She sounded really confused the entire conversation and hung up on me when I asked for the cert number for FF #1. Soon after I received a text with the cert number and an excuse for the "call failure." I also thought it was fishy that her area code was from Tennessee, yet she claimed that she was from Florida.

The next day I replied and ask for a second picture of the Hulk 1. I finally received a couple of pictures today:

image_zpsxeuqczhb.jpg

image_zpsccj3novk.jpg

The photoshop job is a little better in the first one. Needless to say, this is a complete scam.

Here are some of the other books that may be showing up on the forums soon:

Cert #: 0210047001

11_zpsuy1ebi5r.jpg

According to her, the X-Men #1 has been sold on Etsy...

78_zpswm7zz2nc.jpg

image_zpsoj9zvlzh.jpg

Cert #: 0237485001

image_zpsezqkod6s.jpg

I'm posting this entire explanation hoping that no one will fall for this scam. Her eBay name is Relics-City. I'm tempted to post her phone number, but it would be better if I didn't.

-Al

The only thing that still bugs me about that PayPal response is this bit: "But in the long run if the seller is doing these frequently then his PayPal account will be having some issues." Why would he be having issues? Too many friends? What kind of issues? hm

Probably because if PP finds out a seller is abusing personal in this way, they will get shut down.

Exactly, if someone is abusing it, they will get a warning and may be told that they cannot use personal pp. I know at least 2 dealers who were told they could no longer use it for "excessive use". However, whenever I called about the charity threads and said we were selling books, I got the same response, that it was not a problem and we never had a problem except for the first time, when we hadn't called and someone's account was temporarily locked, until we explained. That's the reason I or someone else calls each time, to prevent that.

If I'm ever involved in another charity thread, I plan to do the same thing, call them and ask.

So although I'm not looking for arguments, I think the word "thief" is a bit strong.

I hope you will atone for your sins at some point. May god have mercy on you.

:jokealert:

I'm far from perfect, lol. I have plenty of "sins" I'm sure sending someone who said he was in need a personal payment for some books I never got anyway, is at the bottom of my list;)

I can attest however, that to the best of my recollection I've never parked in a handicapped spot and I use the crosswalk when there is one;)

Crosswalks are for wimps. Live on the edge!

Go away for a few days to move my daughter into college and miss all the fun!

I think using PayPal Personal for buying stuff is (generally) wrong.

I think shipping comics using Media Mail is (generally) wrong.

I think re-using an eBay shipping label in order to get the Commercial Plus rate that eBay negotiated for their sales is wrong.

What do I win?

(Oh, and saying someone is stealing IS calling them a thief, literally by definition - "a person who steals, especially secretly or without open force". To say otherwise is being disingenuous.)