• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I felt the same way in the early 2000's when I got back into collecting for the 2nd time. I couldn't believe what comics were going for.

The first book to blow me away was Daredevil #131. I saw a 9.8 copy sell for something like $2000 and was just unable to believe it.

Then I manned up and bought a raw copy for something like $300 - lol

But yeah, there is always a paradigm shift when you've been out of it for a while.

And I do agree that there is much that is cyclical.

..... I bought my first book off the boards from you..... an 8.0 CGC copy of FF 13. We ended up speaking by phone for a while that night. People sometimes scoff at high post counts.... but 10 posts a day over 10 years puts a chap at close to 40,000....... I suppose in my case, I'm an under-performer lol GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... you've been a great friend over the years, Roy. Especially after I realized you looked exactly like one of my best friends who once hot wired a steamroller and drove it down Main Street so he wouldn't have to stagger home from the bar :insane:

That was a terrific VF copy of that book.

I remember the steam roller story! lol

Yep, he did that last time. I forgot to give him a heads up that you can't or shouldn't have the same stuff in PIF that is for trade on the boards and for sale on Ebay at the same time.

Yep, he did that last time. I forgot to give him a heads up that you can't or shouldn't have the same stuff in PIF that is for trade on the boards and for sale on Ebay at the same time.

Def not your fault

If he can't read or follow rules or use common sense that's on him

Because our location is in the Midwest, we feel that offers comic lovers a better choice than other grading, appraisal and brokerage services.

So their entire business model hinges on people going "oh, yeah, their grading service is in the Midwest and is therefore far superior to any other grading service that isn't in the Midwest".

Seems reasonable.

3811528_orig_zpse2thwph5.jpg

Personally, I love how they weren't technically proficient enough to actually fit their chosen font for the Serial Number and Designation into the box they created.

Cutting off parts of letters gives it that homespun, Midwestern, made-by-hand feel.

They should have worked the word "Artisanal" into the company name.

3811528_orig_zpse2thwph5.jpg

Personally, I love how they weren't technically proficient enough to actually fit their chosen font for the Serial Number and Designation into the box they created.

Cutting off parts of letters gives it that homespun, Midwestern, made-by-hand feel.

They should have worked the word "Artisanal" into the company name.

I love how they go beyond the technical aspects of grading and document how they feel about the book.

"Overall a very nice comic with very attractive red and yellow foil cover."

I love how they go beyond the technical aspects of grading and document how they feel about the book.

"Overall a very nice comic with very attractive red and yellow foil cover."

It's so purty....mmmm hmmmm...so so purty.

13634300731559302005-9dd30287dc5ffcfb4efb1e0521c3c8f8.gif