• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Was there a thread that caused this or is this just from old stuff?

What was the topic?

it was the new personal announcement sub-forum thread that was poofed

i'm guessing this was the other side of the argument

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8907396&gonew=1#UNREAD

I am considering a collection buy and am waaaaaay too impulsive about these things. He has a short box full of Superman 400s and all I can think of the last week or so is trying to run to NYCC and get 10 or so signed by Walt Simonson and Bill Sienkiewicz, maybe even do a sales order with raw/slab options (although not as smoothly as BeachBum runs them, that is for sure). So keep your eye out for that on Saturday or Sunday!

I am pretty sure we will reach a deal and I will buy these Friday or Sat, Knowing myself as I do, I will then start treating them like Elaine Benes treats her contraceptive sponges. I think it has potential for some good signatures but have to go check GPA I guess to see. They have to be 9.4s at least I would think.

I put this here in discussion as I was hoping for advice BEFORE I do a thread and flameout...am I blinded by potential or is this an okay endeavor?

Edited by Bird

I would question whether that book has the type of mass appeal that something like that would need.

I know. I wonder as well. Ebay has it at 50 cents to $12 an issue, all recently. It isn't then end of the world should it not work out, and I will trying to look at the print run numbers. At the minimum I think I may sub one book SS on Sunday and see what it comes back as. I can play the long (TAT) game.

Are these any kind of a key or are they just random Superman issues in the 400s?

There are a lot of random issues signed and graded out there that beg to question why anyone would get those signed and graded. Other than completionists, which will be few and far between, there may not be a market for randomness signed and graded.

Are these any kind of a key or are they just random Superman issues in the 400s?

There are a lot of random issues signed and graded out there that beg to question why anyone would get those signed and graded. Other than completionists, which will be few and far between, there may not be a market for randomness signed and graded.

No, it is all the same issue, Superman issue 400. A short box full that are most likely untouched since put there.

cover.gif

I am thinking of getting 5-10 signed this weekend.

Edited by Bird

Nice cover…I could see getting a few of these signed then.

Yeah, it is enticing.

Honestly, if I pay a few bucks in the end I am going into it as buying a lot of fun for a while. If no one buys the box of Brigade (the guy seems to have loved Brigade) it becomes press experimentation fodder!

I like the book as a jam choice. My copy includes Jerry Robinson and Moebius.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=16775&GSub=629

Sweet! Yeah, a few sigs is the way to go but Sienkiewicz cancelled so only Simonson at this show I think. But there are always more shows.

What is it! Are we getting scam artists here,on the boards?

That 3.0 JIM 83 for sale has red flags all over it.

I noticed that his AF15 sales thread used the same photos as a June eBay listing.

Not that this means anything at all...could be a completely innocent transaction...but...just sayin'.

AF15 CGC 2.5

June eBay Listing

And the response to this friendly suggestion:

Great books, but please be courteous to others, and consolidate your sales threads! (thumbs u

Was this gem:

Thank you but no I wont,..

:facepalm:

I was considering buying that #400, but simply based on that reply, I won't now.