• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

To be fair... I remember seeing someone selling a competitors slab but telling the forum to treat it as a raw copy. This was about four or five months ago? The scan omitted the label.

I shrugged it off and moved on. Wasn't anything interesting to me and figured it wasn't any of my business.

Thought I saw a couple of these instances which is why I thought rule #1 did not apply if you did not show the label and advertise a certain competitor. I came right out and said it was in a slab and didn't try to hide anything. Incorrect assumption on my part and it won't happen again. Not really much more left to say.

Rules aside, let's show respect for our host CGC. You wouldn't appreciate someone standing in your booth at a show selling their books.

I put all my books in slabs of beef, slow roasted over an open fire pit....can I sell that?

If you advertise it with beer and impossibly perky girls, absolutely

Quick question : is it allowed to sell big lots (without individually taking picture of every single book) in one shot?

I want to get rid of my Amazing Spider-man collection,which is about 150 books but wouldn't want to take individual pictures of every book because that would be time consuming as hell (especially when some of them are worth like 3-4 bucks only).

Edited by alexmtl

Quick question : is it allowed to sell big lots (without individually taking picture of every single book) in one shot?

I want to get rid of my Amazing Spider-man collection,which is about 150 books but wouldn't want to take individual pictures of every book because that would be time consuming as hell (especially when some of them are worth like 3-4 bucks only).

Picture or relative grade is required. The more details you provide the more likely it is to sell. If they are only worth a few bucks each I don't think anyone will mind if you posting a relative grade like VF/NM...unless they are significantly lower than that.

Doesn't take much detective work to see it was my thread so better to discuss it rather then brush it under the rug. Thought I had seen other books sell in a competitors slab and it was cool as long as the label was not showing. Probably saw it before it got pulled. Based on the quick response from the mods I definitely confirmed in my head it's a big no/no. Won't do it again.

Of course that was the only book that sold. lol

I believe the problem is raised by the fact you said it was graded by another company. You should have just said you were selling it as a raw book assigning your grade. The rest would (or should) have been uninfluent.

And you still have to get back to me… :baiting: (At this point, have a Good Easter!)

Doesn't take much detective work to see it was my thread so better to discuss it rather then brush it under the rug. Thought I had seen other books sell in a competitors slab and it was cool as long as the label was not showing. Probably saw it before it got pulled. Based on the quick response from the mods I definitely confirmed in my head it's a big no/no. Won't do it again.

I believe the problem is raised by the fact you said it was graded by another company. You should have just said you were selling it as a raw book assigning your grade. The rest would (or should) have been uninfluent.

And you still have to get back to me… :baiting: (At this point, have a Good Easter!)

Uninfluent is my new favorite, non-existent, word.

It's regal sounding.

It's regal sounding.

It's perfectly cromulent.

Thanks Vaillant for embiggening my vocabulary. (thumbs u

And you still have to get back to me :baiting: (At this point, have a Good Easter!)

It's regal sounding.

Would you please reinterate that for me...?

It's regal sounding.

Embiggening vocabulary is the perfect thing to do during lousy Smarch weather.

It's regal sounding.

Embiggening vocabulary is the perfect thing to do during lousy Smarch weather.

I see that degree from Bovine University was well worth the effort