• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

If the seller has to wait longer, scan and post up pics, it is only fair that the prices go up.

You have to be joking, please tell me you are joking. If not, you actually think buyers should have to pay more for a pic of the book ? :screwy:

I like the pre-sale threads Roy does, he shows the book pre-slabbed, so you have an idea of what you are buying

+1

Even some good, decent grade books could have a bad wrap or possibly some sun fading. It's nice to at least see whatchu workin' with before buying!

If the seller has to wait longer, scan and post up pics, it is only fair that the prices go up.

You have to be joking, please tell me you are joking. If not, you actually think buyers should have to pay more for a pic of the book ? :screwy:

You've just been cak'd and it feels so good

It took you 5 minutes to respond to this post....the price just went up another 5%.

That is not what I said.

The pre-sales threads close when then the books are received by the dealer.

In most cases, the dealer will get a higher price on any given book through an eBay BIN listing.

Hence, the dealer raise in prices.

FTR, I have never ran a presales thread, nor do I plan on doing so.

That is not what I said.

In most cases, the dealer will get a higher price on any given book through an eBay BIN listing.

hm

It took you 5 minutes to respond to this post....the price just went up another 5%.

Now, we're looking at 10%.

I came for the Cool Books, but I stay for the lolz lol

In that case, I offer up the following, to elucidate my point :whee:

In that case, I offer up the following, to elucidate my point :whee:

I thought that meant make a bonfire

Serious question. How is a Presale sales thread any different than a Mystery Box ? In both cases, I don't know what I am getting. If a seller wants to list his books on E-Bay immediately upon arrival from CGC, that's fine but a picture has to be taken anyway for E-Bay. Why not offer an I'll Take it pending pic and show the pic when he gets the book. What's this going to cost him, one more day?

BTW, I also like the way Roy approaches this = a raw pic works well.

Serious question. How is a Presale sales thread any different than a Mystery Box ? In both cases, I don't know what I am getting. If a seller wants to list his books on E-Bay immediately upon arrival from CGC, that's fine but a picture has to be taken anyway for E-Bay. Why not offer an I'll Take it pending pic and show the pic when he gets the book. What's this going to cost him, one more day?

BTW, I also like the way Roy approaches this = a raw pic works well.

If it takes eight months to get your items, then its EXACTLY like a mystery box

I'm only here to look for good deals on comics.

lol

This really is the key quote. People like him are solely here for kool books. He has no interest in the community itself.

It's pretty tough to identify which activities qualify someone to be part of this community or who is or isn't a community member.

While 'I'm here to look for good deals' doesn't sound quite right to my ear, it's certainly an important part of the community. I'm sure there's a lot of sellers who are glad that guys like Wolvie1 are here buying.

And most, or all of us, came here for some singular reason like buying books or getting information on CGC and couldn't find the exit. Politely explaining board rules to new guys like Wolvie1 may help us develop future community members.

Hi everyone.

I put my thread on discount and still got requested for a better offer via PM. I totaled up the items and then deducted an additional 5 bucks off. But honestly, it is sitting well with me. 30% isn't enough?

No other action on my thread and no reply to the PM today. I retracted my offer via PM this morning and closed my thread today. Which is what I stated in my thread previously.

Of course nothing is cut and dry, the buyer hasn't read the first email with the offer. I just don't want to have to defend my actions on this forum later on. I want to make sure that what I did is OK with the community.

Are there any rules on a seller retracting an offer?

Thanks

Edited by nocutename

That is not what I said.

But I think you're making the assumption that pre-sale threads are always cheaper than FMV. Are they? I don't think that's necessarily the case.