• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

I never said I was tricked. You keep saying you priced out a 9.4 YOU DID NOT.

You are calling me a liar. It's your word against mine, and you figure because of the light I am in, your word automatically overrules mine. WRONG

You are mistaken that we made arrangements for pricing on a 9.4

Stating lies like I was aggressive over a refund when I never did is where you are already going wrong here. If anything, I was embarrassed that THIS book came back a 9.4 and I couldn't figure out what happened to this book. Which is why I threw in additional books before you got turned off to dealing with me on this.

And I am not mistaken on that 9.4 tier. But I very much felt this was a 9.6, which is why I was excited to share the picture as a Predator 3 in 9.6/9.8 is a tough book to track down due to the dark cover. You even agreed it looked solid. Somewhere the book took a hit to the spine.

If you had said me there was no way you could deal with a CGC 9.4 example, then that would have been the end of it. There is no threatening to force someone to take the book - or else. The forum would shut that person down immediately that applied such negotiation tactics.

why not refund him instead of giving him more books? :shrug:

You are calling me a liar. It's your word against mine, and you figure because of the light I am in, your word automatically overrules mine. WRONG

Stating lies like I was aggressive over a refund when I never did is where you are already going wrong here. If anything, I was embarrassed that THIS book came back a 9.4 and I couldn't figure out what happened to this book. Which is why I threw in additional books before you got turned off to dealing with me on this.

And I am not mistaken on that 9.4 tier. But I very much felt this was a 9.6, which is why I was excited to share the picture as a Predator 3 in 9.6/9.8 is a tough book to track down due to the dark cover. You even agreed it looked solid. Somewhere the book took a hit to the spine.

If you had said me there was no way you could deal with a CGC 9.4 example, then that would have been the end of it. There is no threatening to force someone to take the book - or else. The forum would shut that person down immediately that applied such negotiation tactics.

Now that last part is simply not true. The board allows Hector to strong arm buyers into buying his slabs for 15% less than GPA all the time.

Also bringing in the deal with the Aliens book and the Xmas thing is just to paint yourself the choirboy.

If you were such a good person, why didn't you approach me for the rest of the Aliens books? Why did you not ask where my silence had come from. We did multiple transactions, and you knew you still had things I was interested in.

You made your money, you got out.

Because all of sudden in Comics General after making a crack about my not having any room to talk about book grading - then changing that to Matt did it - you announced how I was admitting I was wrong. Wrong over what?

That entire transaction - including the other books to make you feel like you were appreciated - was meant to show you I wanted you happy dealing with me again. Even picking up that Aliens 1: Hive to save you the hassle of getting it through other means because the seller wouldn't ship to Canada.

Making a nasty comment about being a 'choirboy' versus recognizing that entire transaction was done in a positive way shows your head is in a different place. And it is to destroy someone's reputation.

If there was a 9.4 price agreed on then why would a refund be offered unless requested. Even if a 9.4 price is not agreed on then most people would say "want to still get it for half price" and see if the buyer wanted it. No harm in asking, right?

I gave him the option, and he still wanted a graded Predator 3 because these were not coming up that often for sale. He could have just said 'I'll pass' and that would have been his call. Thee is forcing of a book on someone.

He agreed what I was offering seemed fair. Accepted the terms. Had me pick up the other book for him, and everything shipped safely leading to his confirming he had the books and was pleased.

I gave him the option, and he still wanted a graded Predator 3 because these were not coming up that often for sale. He could have just said 'I'll pass' and that would have been his call. Thee is forcing of a book on someone.

He agreed what I was offering seemed fair. Accepted the terms. Had me pick up the other book for him, and everything shipped safely leading to his confirming he had the books and was pleased.

he says you never offered him a 9.4 price

The threat came this year, in a PM from you, asking me what my problem was and if I had a problem, I better deal with it in PM with you, OR ELSE.

Or else later.....

You did not quote me a price if it came back a 9.4. You are calling me a liar by saying you did. This is my problem with you.

Not that you overcharge and undergrade, which was my original statement, out of jest, cause haha, yeah you took me for a ride, but no hard feelings. I don't deal with you, and hey, you're just a jerk.

I got fleeced. I dealt with that a long time ago, when it happened. I picked up a 9.6 for $30 on eBay, from a boardie (I could be mistaken on that part) and you live and learn. I own a very expensive modern 9.4 book that I can't give away. Yay me.

I make a flippant comment and you go nuclear. So I decide enough of that carp. You've been talking down to me for long enough.

Now you call me a liar. That doesn't wash.

I can think of at least a dozen ways to have dealt with this situation differently.

1 taking it to PM right away

2 Getting to the heart of the matter by asking what the problem is, not making instant defensive postures that are totally offensive.

3 Since you've already been made out as a problem seller, maybe offering to buy the book back, or something else classy.

4-12 Anything else than this unrewarding, unnecessary BS back and forth garbage that makes the two of us complete and utter twits.

I look like a freaking crybaby, and you look like....well I'll just be polite.

Oh and there is no way I would accept #3 on that list. My do not deal list is very strict.

However, an apology for outright calling me a liar would be nice

You aren't a sucker, I am

Can you please clarify why in the first instance you did not seek a refund?

and why you paid 2x GPA!

Really wanted the book. Plus there was the other books worked into the deal. I just wanted to get the transaction completed and I felt it was pretty much done since I already paid

thank god it's not FISH :applause:

Abe Vigoda?

I can do both...

Abe Vigoda dancing with Phish (Yes this really happened)

The threat came this year, in a PM from you, asking me what my problem was and if I had a problem, I better deal with it in PM with you, OR ELSE.

Or else later.....

That is NOT what happened.

More than once you were mentioning me in the Moderator thread and then in the TV-movie thread. And none of it was positive. But yet it wasn't clear why you were even doing this. And I wouldn't even be involved in the chat, but my name would come up.

After watching you do it a few times, THEN I sent you a PM asking what the problem was as I was not looking for trouble with you. You informed me it was you just having a bad day, and then removed yourself from the thread. How can someone even threaten another person if they state they are the problem, and then remove themselves from the thread?

There was no threat. But I sure wanted to understand if you had a real issue with me. Our PM sounded like it wasn't me after your response.

I make a flippant comment and you go nuclear. So I decide enough of that carp. You've been talking down to me for long enough.

I see what you mean. Why, the repeat curses and threats are just unacceptable.

You're massive ego can't do it?

Also, I've must have forgotten something. I don't know what you're talking about

'My massive ego'? 'Take a ribbing for once'? Does 'let it go' fall into your philosophy anywhere?

Wait. Nope. That's not it. I was asking you to let it go - whatever 'it' was - and then you launched off with your campaign to declare I had ripped you off. Nice!

I never talked down to you. But it was getting annoying watching you post comments about me, yet not knowing what the issue was. Now I guess I know.

I'm not responding in two threads.

No one is a mind reader Nick, which is why this discussion is taking place.

You are calling me a liar, I don't appreciate it. Now what?