• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I paid $120, which was half the agreed price for a 9.6. That money was paypal to him once the agreement was made, before the books he was getting graded went to CGC

so the total invoice would have been $240? I assume you were paying for a 9.8 if it came back that?

Yes it would have been $240 if it came back a 9.6, shipped to me.

$240 was the agreed upon price for a 9.6 copy, not a 9.8

This agreed upon price if it had come back a 9.8 would have been $360, shipped to me.

He was dead set it was going to be 9.6, but optimistic it could get a 9.8, hence we decided that I would put down half for a 9.6 , and if it had come back a 9.8 I would make up the difference.

So when it came back a 9.4 he let you know and asked to see if you wanted it for $120 (the amount of the deposit)? You thought he should have just refunded you the $120 but you feel he talked you into taking deal? Just trying to work out how it went down.

This agreed upon price if it had come back a 9.8 would have been $360, shipped to me.

He was dead set it was going to be 9.6, but optimistic it could get a 9.8, hence we decided that I would put down half for a 9.6 , and if it had come back a 9.8 I would make up the difference.

I assume you didn't have GPA based on what KPR and I have mentioned this book goes for?

Did Bosco say this was GPA or his price?

I assume you didn't have GPA based on what KPR and I have mentioned this book goes for?

I told him I didn't think it was worth this amount, he told me, no it was. Then went on about how these books will fire up and so on and so forth. Not to mention how tough the cover was, because its dark, how rare it is to find in high grade. Then went into speculation about NM 98 to prove his point. I conceded, because, well, what else do you do? If anyone has argued with Nick, they totally get it. You just can't win.

I do not have GPA

Maybe I should be on the look out for ultra high grade Predator books - are high grade copies hard to find?

For what its worth - I can't find a high grade let alone graded copies on the market right now.

Edited by 1Cool

So when it came back a 9.4 he let you know and asked to see if you wanted it for $120 (the amount of the deposit)? You thought he should have just refunded you the $120 but you feel he talked you into taking deal? Just trying to work out how it went down.

He did not ask, he insisted that it was worth that amount. He gave me the impression there was NO WAY he was interested in giving a refund. He wanted to close the deal.

Maybe I should be on the look out for ultra high grade Predator books - are high grade copies hard to find?

Predator #3 is indeed hard to get in 9.8. I cannot remember the census numbers. Which is why I agreed to such a high price for a 9.8

9.4's however....as anyone knows, you cannot get more than $40 for pretty much any modern at this grade. Unless it's a key.

How many people are avid Predator collectors? Not many.

I made a mistake, he had initially, before the book was graded, said he would refund if it came back 9.4.

Once the book was in hand though, no mention of a refund. Which was a month and a bit later.

I will also state that I didn't push a refund, I wanted the book.

I made a mistake, he had initially, before the book was graded, said he would refund if it came back 9.4.

Once the book was in hand though, no mention of a refund. Which was a month and a bit later.

I'm not really seeing what he did wrong the more the facts come to light. He may be accused of being a hard nosed salesmen by not instantly offering the refund but since you seemed to really want the book I can see why he didn't throw that out first when the book came back. I've had one instance close to this where the seller insured a NM 98 would come back a 9.8 and when it came back a 9.6 I took the refund option and we parted on good terms.

When you are essentially pre-ordering a slab in a given grade I'd always go with the refund option because you obviously really want that grade or else you would not go thru the hassle of the pre-order.

Predator #3 is indeed hard to get in 9.8. I cannot remember the census numbers. Which is why I agreed to such a high price for a 9.8

9.4's however....as anyone knows, you cannot get more than $40 for pretty much any modern at this grade. Unless it's a key.

Census shows 6 in 9.8. 1 in 9.6 and 2 in 9.4.

I'm not really seeing what he did wrong the more the facts come to light. He may be accused of being a hard nosed salesmen by not instantly offering the refund but since you seemed to really want the book I can see why he didn't throw that out first when the book came back. I've had one instance close to this where the seller insured a NM 98 would come back a 9.8 and when it came back a 9.6 I took the refund option and we parted on good terms.

When you are essentially pre-ordering a slab in a given grade I'd always go with the refund option because you obviously really want that grade or else you would not go thru the hassle of the pre-order.

Legally he didn't do anything wrong, he just overcharges. I had totally let it all go, he ripped me off, my fault. He started in on me, then starting saying I was a liar.

Here we are, at the bike racks after school.

Census shows 6 in 9.8. 1 in 9.6 and 2 in 9.4.

Well...guess I am more of an insufficiently_thoughtful_person than previously indicated. Who knew

He did not ask, he insisted that it was worth that amount. He gave me the impression there was NO WAY he was interested in giving a refund. He wanted to close the deal.

If you are going to take a transaction from over a year and and lie about it, then all this is going to turn into is just that.

- We agreed on a 9.4/9.6/9.8 pricing tier, but after showing the front and back pictures it was clear this was a strong 9.6 candidate and you provided a partial payment to show commitment (that's the only think I forgot after all this time).

- All of the books in my order met or exceeded my estimates other than the Predator 3, which was a 9.4 that now had a spine hit. Adding pictures of other books to show the reality was I hit the mark repeatedly, and why I was surprised on that Predator 3.

10gBEM8h.jpg

KhiAq7Lh.jpg

8lN6VcGh.jpg

JnmrZqFh.jpg

7x49iJah.jpg

SnygVHuh.jpg

vrcO7Yoh.jpg

nRmxli7h.jpg

X9Onwtmh.jpg

YmtnvCLh.jpg

yUhRqxnh.jpg

- After contacting Matt Nelson, who I submitted this through, he kindly offered to look the book over after seeing my other results. He confirmed there was a spine hit, and he could not confirm if this was before or after it was received by CGC.

- I notified you immediately on the results, what Matt was doing to look into this, and then once he confirmed CGC couldn't commit to this being damage through their process I made sure to let you know that.

- You were disappointed at first, and if you had said it I would have refunded your money as I had been so high on the condition of this book. But then you agreed you wanted a graded example anyway, and stuck with the price range given for a 9.4 candidate.

- I then threw in additional books as I wanted you happy with this transaction versus disappointed we didn't hit your real goal grade of a 9.8 candidate. YOU AGREED THIS WORKED FOR YOU.

- You then also had me purchase an Aliens 1: Hive book for you from another seller that would require shipping it to me, and then shipping it to you. I provided the link to the final sale as it was an auction on Ebay. So you clearly saw the final price and what the seller was charging for shipping to me.

- All were shipped to you securely, and you followed up with me later saying how nice the Predator 3 looked. That led to your feedback on the overall transaction.

Hi Kids - It's Bosco

I will continue to deal with Nick.

In this recent transaction he went farther than I would expect most people to go in acquiring a book that I thought not possible to get for me.

I recommend and have recommended him for purchases.

As someone as tightfisted and picky as myself, this is high praise indeed.

- You came back to me later for a Christmas purchase after this so you could participate in the holiday gift exchange. So after completing this May 2015 transaction you were so dissatisfied with, you then come back for more?

Sorry, but if you were that disappointed in the 9.4, calling it out right there when it came back as unacceptable would have been the way to go. Not bringing this up over a year later at the same time you were causing a fuss in Comics General. That's what makes this come across as more vendetta than offended buyer.

This is neither a Probation nor a HOS issue. Nobody was tricked into anything, nor were they lied to.

I never said I was tricked. You keep saying you priced out a 9.4 YOU DID NOT.

You are calling me a liar. It's your word against mine, and you figure because of the light I am in, your word automatically overrules mine. WRONG

You are mistaken that we made arrangements for pricing on a 9.4

Also bringing in the deal with the Aliens book and the Xmas thing is just to paint yourself the choirboy.

If you were such a good person, why didn't you approach me for the rest of the Aliens books? Why did you not ask where my silence had come from. We did multiple transactions, and you knew you still had things I was interested in.

You made your money, you got out.

I'm just curious how anyone can get someone to pay 2x GPA

It's been 1 out of 50 for me $1 over GPA

Girls typically have a hard time selling books on the boards. :angel:

I never said I was tricked. You keep saying you priced out a 9.4 YOU DID NOT.

You are calling me a liar. It's your word against mine, and you figure because of the light I am in, your word automatically overrules mine. WRONG

You are mistaken that we made arrangements for pricing on a 9.4

Stating lies like I was aggressive over a refund when I never did is where you are already going wrong here. If anything, I was embarrassed that THIS book came back a 9.4 and I couldn't figure out what happened to this book. Which is why I threw in additional books before you got turned off to dealing with me on this.

And I am not mistaken on that 9.4 tier. But I very much felt this was a 9.6, which is why I was excited to share the picture as a Predator 3 in 9.6/9.8 is a tough book to track down due to the dark cover. You even agreed it looked solid. Somewhere the book took a hit to the spine.

If you had said me there was no way you could deal with a CGC 9.4 example, then that would have been the end of it. There is no threatening to force someone to take the book - or else. The forum would shut that person down immediately that applied such negotiation tactics.