• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I wish that the last Predator movie had been as entertaining as this.

The one where we were supposed to buy Adrien Brody as a tough guy, that kid from that 70's show as a psychopath and a fat Lawrence Fishburne?

Yeah, that was pretty atrocious.

I had a woman tell me " You could be a Predator " last week. I don't know what she meant by that remark. :roflmao:

Possibly not a compliment.

Especially if she introduced you to her friend Chris who then asked you to have a seat on a nearby stool.

I had a woman tell me " You could be a Predator " last week. I don't know what she meant by that remark. :roflmao:

Possibly not a compliment.

Especially if she introduced you to her friend Chris who then asked you to have a seat on a nearby stool.

lol Actually the comment was made by one of my female Harley passengers. I told her she could crash at my house after 8 hours of riding instead of driving home. She jokingly said " You could be a Pre da tor " in her broken English accent. I about peed my pants laughing. It was one of those " you had to be there " things.

The *spoon* that people sometimes pass off as "keys" on these boards is unbelievable.

well...I've got a pair of brand new roller skates, and you've got a brand new key!

The *spoon* that people sometimes pass off as "keys" on these boards is unbelievable.

There's a level of hucksterism here these days that wasn't so apparent in the earlier years :(

There's a level of hucksterism here these days that wasn't so apparent in the earlier years :(

You're only in 4 years longer than me and I've seen it since day one. We've always had people who will say things like " looks 9.6" ( when it's a 9.4 ) or " this is the nicest 8.0 you will ever see" or "press this to a 9.8". It is what it is (shrug)

You're only in 4 years longer than me and I've seen it since day one. We've always had people who will say things like " looks 9.6" ( when it's a 9.4 ) or " this is the nicest 8.0 you will ever see" or "press this to a 9.8". It is what it is (shrug)

Maybe you're right but it seemed different back then. Sure it still happened but not to the extent that it does today.