• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

That is one of the PM's yes. There was another one, if you recall, that was anything but nice.

There was no other PM exchange as once you told me 'nah. it's me. i'm having a bad day' or something like that, what more could I determine from that? Asking you again 'are you sure'?

So now you cause this large blowup over a transaction that you agreed to, were so pleased with you left very positive feedback and came back later for another transaction during Christmas, and now you want an apology for something?

This whole thing doesn't even make sense other than you accepted a CGC 9.4 that you later regretted, and now wanted to bring some form of retribution for what you felt was a slight when any pricing was provided in advance - you agreed to it - and then lucked out on finding a 9.6 later for a fantastic price.

How is that being ripped off or tricked or bullied into a transaction?

That is one of the PM's yes. There was another one, if you recall, that was anything but nice.

There was no other PM exchange as once you told me 'nah. it's me. i'm having a bad day' or something like that, what more could I determine from that? Asking you again 'are you sure'?

So now you cause this large blowup over a transaction that you agreed to, were so pleased with you left very positive feedback and came back later for another transaction during Christmas, and now you want an apology for something?

This whole thing doesn't even make sense other than you accepted a CGC 9.4 that you later regretted, and now wanted to bring some form of retribution for what you felt was a slight when any pricing was provided in advance - you agreed to it - and then lucked out on finding a 9.6 later for a fantastic price.

How is that being ripped off or tricked or bullied into a transaction?

Have I stated that I've been bullied into a transaction? Did I say that? I paid, I got what I paid for, I was fleeced. The transaction was done and dealt with.

You stated that you offered me a 9.4 price, which is not true. THIS is the problem here. You are calling me a liar.

Was your 9.4 price $120?

Have I stated that I've been bullied into a transaction? Did I say that? I paid, I got what I paid for, I was fleeced. The transaction was done and dealt with.

You stated that you offered me a 9.4 price, which is not true. THIS is the problem here. You are calling me a liar.

Was your 9.4 price $120?

You agreed to all the prices in advance that were given before any books were submitted. And there were other Aliens book you wanted submitted, but made it clear you needed to hold off on those until later due to a few big purchased you made already.

Now coming back and stating that you felt I forced you to take the transaction...

He did not ask, he insisted that it was worth that amount. He gave me the impression there was NO WAY he was interested in giving a refund. He wanted to close the deal.

But then admitted you actually wanted the book...

I made a mistake, he had initially, before the book was graded, said he would refund if it came back 9.4.

Once the book was in hand though, no mention of a refund. Which was a month and a bit later.

I will also state that I didn't push a refund, I wanted the book.

And the two weeks additional you waited - which I clearly communicated - was Matt Nelson wanted me to mail the book back to him so he could take it over to CGC and see what could be done. Remember that? As I never left you hanging on this. Especially when he looked at the results of the rest of my order.

Which is it? Did I force you to take the transaction, or did you want the book? And did I not communicate all the way through what was going on with the book once it was graded, or did I just leave you hanging like I didn't care what you thought?

The best way to get a guaranteed grade is to buy the book already graded. The "next" best way is simply to deal with someone who will guarantee the grade. No play, no pay. There are people on this board who have no problem guaranteeing a grade, and, since grading IS ultimately subjective, no problem refunding if the grade desired doesn't come back.

Personally, I don't charge anyone anything until and unless the grade has been confirmed.

Was your 9.4 price $120?

You agreed to all the prices in advance that were given before any books were submitted. And there were other Aliens book you wanted submitted, but made it clear you needed to hold off on those until later due to a few big purchased you made already.

Now coming back and stating that you felt I forced you to take the transaction...

He did not ask, he insisted that it was worth that amount. He gave me the impression there was NO WAY he was interested in giving a refund. He wanted to close the deal.

But then admitted you actually wanted the book...

I made a mistake, he had initially, before the book was graded, said he would refund if it came back 9.4.

Once the book was in hand though, no mention of a refund. Which was a month and a bit later.

I will also state that I didn't push a refund, I wanted the book.

And the two weeks additional you waited - which I clearly communicated - was Matt Nelson wanted me to mail the book back to him so he could take it over to CGC and see what could be done. Remember that? As I never left you hanging on this. Especially when he looked at the results of the rest of my order.

Which is it? Did I force you to take the transaction, or did you want the book? And did I not communicate all the way through what was going on with the book once it was graded, or did I just leave you hanging like I didn't care what you thought?

That is all very nice, but what about the 9.4 pricing. What did you say the price for a CGC blue label 9.4 Predator vol 1 issue #3 price was? I didn't get a price for that.

That is all very nice, but what about the 9.4 pricing. What did you say the price for a CGC blue label 9.4 Predator vol 1 issue #3 price was? I didn't get a price for that.

There was a 9.4 price provided. But now that discussion is long gone.

Meanwhile, you brought this all about because you wanted to call me out on a grading comment and then didn't like when I noted 'let it go' being in your philosophy after more than once referencing me in a negative way. Even after our PM discussion where you made it clear it was you - not me.

If that is 'Bosco versus the world' - your statement not mine - then you are misinterpreting the situation. I even told you via PM I wasn't looking for any trouble with you. And I wasn't.

Meanwhile, you brought this all about because you wanted to call me out on a grading comment and then didn't like when I noted 'let it go' being in your philosophy after more than once referencing me in a negative way. Even after our PM discussion where you made it clear it was you - not me.

If that is 'Bosco versus the world' - your statement not mine - then you are misinterpreting the situation. I even told you via PM I wasn't looking for any trouble with you. And I wasn't.

You want no trouble from me? Fair enough, I don't want to be trouble.

You are mistaken. You never gave me a price for a 9.4. You have completely ignored all requests for what you said a 9.4 is worth. You are calling me a liar.

Done. Paint, tar and feather me all you want. Every other point you have brought up has been dealt with.

You either don't remember not giving me a 9.4 grade price, which is hilarious because you remember quite a bit of everything else, or you are what? Saving face? By making me look like a liar to everyone here.

A lot of people already don't like me and will not deal with me. I've grown accustomed to that. But let it be known

NEVER have I reneged a deal that wasn't settled. NEVER have I not paid for an item. NEVER have I been a hassle to deal with on these boards when it comes to business. And NEVER have I lied in a transaction.

For you to call me a liar is deplorable.

You are mistaken. You never gave me a price for a 9.4. You have completely ignored all requests for what you said a 9.4 is worth. You are calling me a liar.

Done. Paint, tar and feather me all you want. Every other point you have brought up has been dealt with.

You either don't remember not giving me a 9.4 grade price, which is hilarious because you remember quite a bit of everything else, or you are what? Saving face? By making me look like a liar to everyone here.

A lot of people already don't like me and will not deal with me. I've grown accustomed to that. But let it be known

NEVER have I reneged a deal that wasn't settled. NEVER have I not paid for an item. NEVER have I been a hassle to deal with on these boards when it comes to business. And NEVER have I lied in a transaction.

I had no real issue with you before now, and even didn't like what I saw you saying about me previously when we had a good relationship on the boards. So I can't speak to what other people are assuming about you. Only what I just experienced.

You really could have sent me a PM a long while back and explained your concerns.

I had no real issue with you before now, and even didn't like what I saw you saying about me previously when we had a good relationship on the boards. So I can't speak to what other people are assuming about you. Only what I just experienced.

You really could have sent me a PM a long while back and explained your concerns.

And you could admit you're wrong and apologize, but this isn't Unicorn Land, now is it?

And you could admit you're wrong and apologize, but this isn't Unicorn Land, now is it?

It's not e unicorn to assume if someone doesn't want a book due to its condition, then they state they don't want it. If you took a book and then immediately felt regret, I can see that still going a better way if you had said this once it was in your possession and could look it over. That's what returns are for.

That's why I am saying you could have sent a PM a long while back and said something. But you let it boil and boil to the point now it got ugly.

It's not e unicorn to assume if someone doesn't want a book due to its condition, then they state they don't want it. If you took a book and then immediately felt regret, I can see that still going a better way if you had said this once it was in your possession and could look it over. That's what returns are for.

That's why I am saying you could have sent a PM a long while back and said something. But you let it boil and boil to the point now it got ugly.

I'm not Muhammad Ali, I am not pretty.

What was the price you gave me for the 9.4? What did you say it was worth? I paid $120. Is that what you value it at?

I'd love to know his justification for his pricing structure. Just because you can get a sucker to pay what you want doesn't mean you should 2c

That's a slippery slope. I'm sure pretty much any purchase/sale on the boards could be looked over and someone would find it price gouging. If someone asks you to grade a high grade book that you would not normally sub wouldn't you ask for a premium? Not sure if I personally would go the 2x GPA route but since GPA seems low to me for a hard to find book and considering grading cost.

sigh Do either of you guys still have the pm discussion over these books? I'm guessing there's a misunderstanding or a mistaken memory that's at the root of this.

Metal/James, we've met in person a few times and you were a nice guy and bought some books off me with no problems. And Bosco/Nick is an old school boardie who I trust absolutely. Seems strange to see two solid guys fighting over this.

Selling raw books and guaranteeing CGC grades is tough and has led to problems in the past.

I'd love to know his justification for his pricing structure. Just because you can get a sucker to pay what you want doesn't mean you should 2c

That's a slippery slope. I'm sure pretty much any purchase/sale on the boards could be looked over and someone would find it price gouging. If someone asks you to grade a high grade book that you would not normally sub wouldn't you ask for a premium? Not sure if I personally would go the 2x GPA route but since GPA seems low to me for a hard to find book and considering grading cost.

I didn't have GPA, cavet emptor. I was a moroon. He took advantage. Simple. He doesn't see a problem with it, he won't. He can't.

Just like he can't admit he is wrong about giving me a 9.4 price.

Calling anyone 'sucker' seems like you have no experience with the books then. Meanwhile, others that do collect this series realize how tough Predator 3 is in any decent grade.

Q4DsXra.png

plC3KAT.png

kP9oqCC.png

Dq72sZm.png

Being a 'sucker' as you call it is not knowing what you collect in a collectibles hobby. No sucker involved from any side.

I've overpaid for books that I wanted, but I also know that I'm doing so. Metal admitted to ignorance on GPA and pricing and maybe it's his fault for not doing his research. But if we're supposed to be a "community", I don't think taking advantage of someone's ignorance is a good thing.

Calling anyone 'sucker' seems like you have no experience with the books then. Meanwhile, others that do collect this series realize how tough Predator 3 is in any decent grade.

Q4DsXra.png

plC3KAT.png

kP9oqCC.png

Dq72sZm.png

Being a 'sucker' as you call it is not knowing what you collect in a collectibles hobby. No sucker involved from any side.

He called himself a sucker for not doing his research before paying 2x GPA.