• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I'd love to know his justification for his pricing structure. Just because you can get a sucker to pay what you want doesn't mean you should 2c

That's a slippery slope. I'm sure pretty much any purchase/sale on the boards could be looked over and someone would find it price gouging. If someone asks you to grade a high grade book that you would not normally sub wouldn't you ask for a premium? Not sure if I personally would go the 2x GPA route but since GPA seems low to me for a hard to find book and considering grading cost.

I've overpaid for books that I wanted, but I also know that I'm doing so. Metal admitted to ignorance on GPA and pricing and maybe it's his fault for not doing his research. But if we're supposed to be a "community", I don't think taking advantage of someone's ignorance is a good thing.

I Agree with Logan

Come Monday... It'll be alright...

But...it IS Monday.

It might take until next Monday for everything to be all right.

Come Monday... It'll be alright...

But...it IS Monday.

It might take until next Monday for everything to be all right.

Closer to never for some, but I've been proven wrong before

And you could admit you're wrong and apologize, but this isn't Unicorn Land, now is it?

It's not e unicorn to assume if someone doesn't want a book due to its condition, then they state they don't want it. If you took a book and then immediately felt regret, I can see that still going a better way if you had said this once it was in your possession and could look it over. That's what returns are for.

That's why I am saying you could have sent a PM a long while back and said something. But you let it boil and boil to the point now it got ugly.

I'm not Muhammad Ali, I am not pretty.

What was the price you gave me for the 9.4? What did you say it was worth? I paid $120. Is that what you value it at?

I'm sure you are beautiful, not that that matters.

Did you ask Nick what GPA was? I know there have been some posts about getting GPA without paying for it, but surely asking a seller would be OK.

Anyway, it looks to me, like you both used the "L" word. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9451316&fpart=21

So now that you are even...can you please just hug it out, it really sounds like a misunderstanding on both sides.

I've been too shy to ask for a refund, so I understand, but I'm trying to learn to speak up;)

I'd love to know his justification for his pricing structure. Just because you can get a sucker to pay what you want doesn't mean you should 2c

That's a slippery slope. I'm sure pretty much any purchase/sale on the boards could be looked over and someone would find it price gouging. If someone asks you to grade a high grade book that you would not normally sub wouldn't you ask for a premium? Not sure if I personally would go the 2x GPA route but since GPA seems low to me for a hard to find book and considering grading cost.

I've overpaid for books that I wanted, but I also know that I'm doing so. Metal admitted to ignorance on GPA and pricing and maybe it's his fault for not doing his research. But if we're supposed to be a "community", I don't think taking advantage of someone's ignorance is a good thing.

I Agree with Logan

I think it is super.

I'm just curious how anyone can get someone to pay 2x GPA

It's been 1 out of 50 for me $1 over GPA

Girls typically have a hard time selling books on the boards. :angel:

:tonofbricks:

102_zpse3663946.gif

And you could admit you're wrong and apologize, but this isn't Unicorn Land, now is it?

It's not e unicorn to assume if someone doesn't want a book due to its condition, then they state they don't want it. If you took a book and then immediately felt regret, I can see that still going a better way if you had said this once it was in your possession and could look it over. That's what returns are for.

That's why I am saying you could have sent a PM a long while back and said something. But you let it boil and boil to the point now it got ugly.

What was the price you gave me for the 9.4? What did you say it was worth? I paid $120. Is that what you value it at?

Did you ask Nick what GPA was? I know there have been some posts about getting GPA without paying for it, but surely asking a seller would be OK.

Anyway, it looks to me, like you both used the "L" word. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9451316&fpart=21

So now that you are even...can you please just hug it out, it really sounds like a misunderstanding on both sides.

I've been too shy to ask for a refund, so I understand, but I'm trying to learn to speak up;)

Thanks Sharon. I'd be able to hug it out, but I've been insulted pretty badly. I don't take being called a liar very well, because my morals. It's a pain, but there it is.

I'm just curious how anyone can get someone to pay 2x GPA

It's been 1 out of 50 for me $1 over GPA

Girls typically have a hard time selling books on the boards. :angel:

:tonofbricks:

102_zpse3663946.gif

Obviously kidding. Satan himself could sell hot (pun intended) books on the boards at the right price.

Edited by 1Cool

Thanks Sharon. I'd be able to hug it out, but I've been insulted pretty badly. I don't take being called a liar very well, because my morals. It's a pain, but there it is.

You cause this entire blowup to ensure you make this a big deal. Call me out as loud as can be. Make it sound like I forced you to take a book, and sent you threatening PM messages. And you are hurt badly? And even when I did reach out to you via PM so as not to make it look like I was calling you out in some way, you claimed it was you - not me.

Sorry, but 'insulted pretty badly' seems to be misinterpreted with that type of approach.

1_zpsd5rqqez1.png

This is what was quoted. No 9.4.

There was a 9.4, but we agreed 9.6 was probably where this was going to land and stopped bring up the 9.4 after that. I made it clear anything can happen once a book leaves my possession.

1_zpsd5rqqez1.png

And by the way, that quote shows you were tracking the market, and knew what these books were selling for. So where was the lack of awareness? You were using the market knowledge to negotiate a better price. Or did you miss that?

Obviously kidding. Satan himself could sell hot (pun intended) books on the boards at the right price.

lol

I know you are, but Satan has always been able to sell hot books on here at the right price, even on the first post.

If I buy a raw book at a show that is being sold as a 9.6 I get to inspect it and make an assumption of my own. If I make the purchase, most of the time the book comes back at the grade I thought or possibly higher. Sometimes it comes back lower. Regardless of what the final grade is (unless it was trimmed or restored in some fashion) the liability falls on me, unless the book is sold as a "guaranteed" 9.6 or 9.8. Was that the case here?

Other things to factor in.

Was the book dropped shipped to Matt without the owner seeing it? Could the book have received damage while being pressed? If it was submitted again, could it possibly get the 9.6?

Bottom line for me...have the book in hand and before a sale is made and have a clear return policy in place.

1_zpsd5rqqez1.png

There was a 9.4, but we agreed 9.6 was probably where this was going to land and stopped bring up the 9.4 after that. I made it clear anything can happen once a book leaves my possession.

Even in the face of evidence, you state there was a price for 9.4? hm

I give in. You are completely out there. Unreachable and unable to concede a simple apology.

You know what? I apologize for bringing it up. I apologize for sitting on this too long, for feeling sympathy for you and getting to know you.

I apologize your grading wasn't good enough. I apologize for not asking for a refund.

I apologize to myself for being so stupid.