• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Whenever I sell a book that is pieced together I fully disclose the book as such. As I did with the action 23 that was posted last week. What I do not do is trim, color touch or restore books. If there is primitave resto I can remove without causing harm, that I will do. In case of this s cap, I fully disclosed the piece was removed. I did miss the missing piece in the interior. There was a better way to notify me rather than post on my thread, but you've had a vendetta against me for some time it seems.

I would love to chat about it at comic art con if you're attending.

lolClearly you can't be trusted. I avoid your sales threads and I'm sure I'm not alone.

+1 (Lack of full disclosure from a greedy flipper who rationalizes away scenarios = Ignore)

So, Jeffro's post in Ankur's thread has been humped. Who exactly thinks that Jeffro's post is inappropriate?

I'd really like to hear that explanation.

What happened to the missing interior piece?

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/captain-america-comics-36-timely-1944-condition-apparent-fr-gd/a/121606-11301.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Captain America Comics #36! Classic Hitler Cover. Very tough issue to find!

Raw. My grade is 1.5. You may grade it higher or lower. Please see the pictures and my description to come to your conclusion. Book is complete and I see no signs of restoration.

Book has a store stamp on the front cover. Pages are Cream to offwhite and supple. Back cover has a long tear sealed with tape. Coupon out of the back cover. There was a piece of paper taped where the coupon was, but this was carefully removed. Spine has a few pieces of tape which look like they were applied for no reason. Top left front cover has surface dirt. Could benefit from a dry cleaning.

Any questions please ask.

First :takeit: or PM gets it. Not looking to trade at this time. No HOS or probation members.

Payment by paypal only. Price includes shipping within the US.

$1500

ncl7w9.jpg

2iqocvl.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Ankur

So, Jeffro's post in Ankur's thread has been humped. Who exactly thinks that Jeffro's post is inappropriate?

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/captain-america-comics-36-timely-1944-condition-apparent-fr-gd/a/121606-11301.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Raw. My grade is 1.5. You may grade it higher or lower. Please see the pictures and my description to come to your conclusion. Book is complete and I see no signs of restoration.

Book has a store stamp on the front cover. Pages are Cream to offwhite and supple. Back cover has a long tear sealed with tape. Coupon out of the back cover. There was a piece of paper taped where the coupon was, but this was carefully removed. Spine has a few pieces of tape which look like they were applied for no reason. Top left front cover has surface dirt. Could benefit from a dry cleaning.

First :takeit: or PM gets it. Not looking to trade at this time. No HOS or probation members.

$1500

ncl7w9.jpg

2iqocvl.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Ankur

Absolutely NOTHING about Jeffro's (or Comix4Fun's) posts can be deemed the slightest bit "inappropriate".

Seems to me that Ankur just pulled a fast one and does not want to be *publically* called out for it.

$1500

ncl7w9.jpg

2iqocvl.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Ankur

Hard to say. Is "Shining Too Bright A Light" on someone's actions humpable?

suntoobright.gif

I also appreciated the posts. I don't follow heritage or the other auction houses as close as other people, so I wouldn't have had the slightest clue. I'm glad it was posted for that very reason, especially since any resto is a big NO for me. Very questionable on how it was posted and described.

Whenever I sell a book that is pieced together I fully disclose the book as such. As I did with the action 23 that was posted last week. What I do not do is trim, color touch or restore books. If there is primitave resto I can remove without causing harm, that I will do. In case of this s cap, I fully disclosed the piece was removed. I did miss the missing piece in the interior. There was a better way to notify me rather than post on my thread, but you've had a vendetta against me for some time it seems.

lolClearly you can't be trusted. I avoid your sales threads and I'm sure I'm not alone.

+1 (Lack of full disclosure from a greedy flipper who rationalizes away scenarios = Ignore)

The worse part is that he keeps doing it, gets caught, and then carries on like nothing happened.

The worse part is that he keeps doing it, gets caught, and then carries on like nothing happened.

I've rolled my eyes at his Sales Threads for quite some time now, but haven't said anything before - it was only a matter of time.

And another reason to buy slabbed books, especially for scarce or high-dollar books.

Slabs are great, but the reality is that many transactions still occur with raw books.

This Board should not be used by anyone to manipulate books in order to fleece fellow members, unfortunately ethical standards vary across the spectrum (hence the desirability of slabs to remove most doubt).

And another reason to buy slabbed books, especially for scarce or high-dollar books.

Slabs are great, but the reality is that many transactions still occur with raw books.

This Board should not be used by anyone to manipulate books in order to fleece fellow members, unfortunately ethical standards vary across the spectrum (hence the desirability of slabs to remove most doubt).

I also appreciate the heads up when people are trying to run scams. Im new here, been out of the hobby since the 90s and now getting into collecting GA books. But I certainly don't want to learn by getting screwed over. Good looking out - I say keep it up PLEASE!

I have a quick question kinda related.

Are people allowed to post a link to a previous sale of a seller's book?

In a sense they could be providing information that might effct the sale.

I ask because I'll be selling some books soon that I'd like to get more than I paid for.

I feel guilty asking for more and not listing original price, but at the same time I feel disclosing purchase price upfront is also shooting myself in the foot.

I ask because I'll be selling some books soon that I'd like to get more than I paid for.

I feel guilty asking for more and not listing original price, but at the same time I feel disclosing purchase price upfront is also shooting myself in the foot.

You shouldn't feel guilty for asking more than you paid. Nobody is going to post a link, unless you pull a stunt like the current example.

You shouldn't feel guilty for asking more than you paid. Nobody is going to post a link, unless you pull a stunt like the current example.

Thanks guys. It's hard to price GA when there's not much data.