• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Alright, whomever hit notify on this post

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9762221#Post9762221

Sac up and admit it. One of the more knobbish things I've seen around here recently.

Guy mentioned he's selling because he's got stage 4 cancer and he's moving books so his wife won't have to deal with it and links to ebay.

Instead of PMing the guy to let him know and so he can ask the mods to move it for him, someone humped the button on him.

This place lets some pretty monstrous personality defects hide in the background.

....sad but true..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm not saying there aren't some terrible people here (and/or everywhere), but isn't it also possible that the button humper asked the mods to move the thread to the appropriate place, and/or notified the OP by pm to ask the mods to move it?

Or that the OP noticed the issue by himself (or was told by pm) and button humped himself?

I don't know if any of those things are true, but my mind didn't immediately jump to the meanest possibility and the degradation of human civility.

Edited by Revat

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9762221#Post9762221

Sac up and admit it. One of the more knobbish things I've seen around here recently.

Guy mentioned he's selling because he's got stage 4 cancer and he's moving books so his wife won't have to deal with it and links to ebay.

Instead of PMing the guy to let him know and so he can ask the mods to move it for him, someone humped the button on him.

This place lets some pretty monstrous personality defects hide in the background.

I'm not saying there aren't some terrible people here (and/or everywhere), but isn't it also possible that the button humper asked the mods to move the thread to the appropriate place, and/or notified the OP by pm to ask the mods to move it?

Or that the OP noticed the issue by himself (or was told by pm) and button humped himself?

I don't know if any of those things are true, but my mind didn't immediately jump to the meanest possibility and the degradation of human civilization.

If the goal of the humper was to move the thread, I think a PM to the OP letting him know it was in the wrong place, and that he should notify the mods to move it, would have been as far as he should have gone. No need to then also hump the button.

In a situation like this, if someone could look at that thread and all they took from his post was "hey, it's in the wrong section" then they've got bigger problems then rules of the sale forum being broken. lol

I suppose a self-hump could have happened, but my gut is telling me to look to the board sociopaths instead.

In this case, I went Occam's Razor on the humping.

A shame that you already have your custom title.

Maybe we have everyone sign a forum petition requesting a change. hm

A shame that you already have your custom title.

Maybe we have everyone sign a forum petition requesting a change. hm

Or Arch starts giving people more than one :idea:

I don't know if any of those things are true, but my mind didn't immediately jump to the meanest possibility and the degradation of human civilization.

If the goal of the humper was to move the thread, I think a PM to the OP letting him know it was in the wrong place, and that he should notify the mods to move it, would have been as far as he should have gone. No need to then also hump the button.

In a situation like this, if someone could look at that thread and all they took from his post was "hey, it's in the wrong section" then they've got bigger problems then rules of the sale forum being broken. lol

I suppose a self-hump could have happened, but my gut is telling me to look to the board sociopaths instead.

Agreed.

Hi C4F, I'm puzzled how you could tell it was button humped long before the thread was moved.

For over an hour in the Sales Only forum, I saw your reply that said someone reported it, and a few other replies, including the guy that said he bought something. A while later I saw it moved over to the ebay forum - just curious how you can tell, not a troll. I agree it was lame, I've never reported anything being still a noob, and never so much as commented in a thread when I've noticed subtle or gross violations.

Hi C4F, I'm puzzled how you could tell it was button humped long before the thread was moved.

For over an hour in the Sales Only forum, I saw your reply that said someone reported it, and a few other replies, including the guy that said he bought something. A while later I saw it moved over to the ebay forum - just curious how you can tell, not a troll. I agree it was lame, I've never reported anything being still a noob, and never so much as commented in a thread when I've noticed subtle or gross violations.

Honestly, I saw the post and felt horrible for the guy, so I clicked the link to see what I could buy. That's when I noticed it was an eBay link. It struck me, that it was an ebay thread and I almost never go in the Ebay thread.

I thought that, man, I bet someone hit notify on this thread. So, testing my theory that people never fail to disappoint you if given the chance, I checked to see if anyone had hit "notify". You do this by clicking on the notify button and if someone has already informed moderation it will show a message like "someone has already notified moderation about this post".

If you click on the "notify" button but don't hit submit on the next screen, it doesn't notify the mods, but it's a good way to see if the button has already been humped.

The OP posted at 11:32am (my time), I saw the post went to ebay, came back, noticed the button was humped and posted my post by 11:48am. So sometime in the first 15 minutes someone humped. At 12:11pm it was moved.

Honestly, I saw the post and felt horrible for the guy, so I clicked the link to see what I could buy. That's when I noticed it was an eBay link. It struck me, that it was an ebay thread and I almost never go in the Ebay thread.

I thought that, man, I bet someone hit notify on this thread. So, testing my theory that people never fail to disappoint you if given the chance, I checked to see if anyone had hit "notify". You do this by clicking on the notify button and if someone has already informed moderation it will show a message like "someone has already notified moderation about this post".

If you click on the "notify" button but don't hit submit on the next screen, it doesn't notify the mods, but it's a good way to see if the button has already been humped.

The OP posted at 11:32am (my time), I saw the post went to ebay, came back, noticed the button was humped and posted my post by 11:48am. So sometime in the first 15 minutes someone humped. At 12:11pm it was moved.

Your faith in the inherent goodness of man is truly one of your finest characteristics..

Your faith in the inherent goodness of man is truly one of your finest characteristics..

And his greatest exploitable weakness.

And his greatest exploitable weakness.

Weakness is in the eye of the beholder.

Your sarcasm detector is on the fritz again, dorkus.

I thought they were doing double-reverse sarcasm

I can't imagine caring enough about an internet message board post to report it to anyone. :shrug:

There was that one time a guy made reference to wanting to sodomize an immediate family member of mine with a CGC slab that forced my humping hand.

I did not know that either. I haven't hit the button that I can ever remember. But I agree a gentle PM would have been nice as it was an obvious posting error.

I can't imagine caring enough about an internet message board post to report it to anyone. :shrug:

There was that one time a guy made reference to wanting to sodomize an immediate family member of mine with a CGC slab that forced my humping hand.

Did you even ask your family member how they felt about said proposition before you humped? Think of others before you act! :baiting:

Did you even ask your family member how they felt about said proposition before you humped? Think of others before you act! :baiting:

Gawd, I hope I never bought any of this guy's books. No telling what he used them for.