• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Is it in poor taste to advertise a piece of art I have listed in the current CLink auction ?

I wanted to see what the board etiquette dictates before I actually do it especially because there is a minor omission in the listing.

I see people do it all the time. Just do it in the right forum or I'll hump it

Yes but I am actually going to post a direct link.

Can I also post it in the art area? I sometimes see people link to their eBay listings in there and find that curious... maybe it is different because it is art?

Is it in poor taste to advertise a piece of art I have listed in the current CLink auction ?

I wanted to see what the board etiquette dictates before I actually do it especially because there is a minor omission in the listing.

3ea.gif

(tsk)

3ea.gif

(tsk)

You said hump :cloud9:

Yes but I am actually going to post a direct link.

Can I also post it in the art area? I sometimes see people link to their eBay listings in there and find that curious... maybe it is different because it is art?

Yeah, post it in the OA Marketplace. A bit of leeway there with regards to pimping your wares.

I came here the other day for some advice on a seller that fell through , so after the allotted time I canceled the PayPal invoice. And low a behold today I find my book for sale on Instagram under the name of the guy I invoiced that fell through , WTF ?! Is it just me or is that some shady shhh ?

So just wanted to give the boardies here a heads up this dude might be trying to sell books he doesn't actually have.

His board name is Michealturnerfan

Also I'm not a 100% sure but I think he's also JSC2001

_122.jpg

_122-2.jpg

I came here the other day for some advice on a seller that fell through , so after the allotted time I canceled the PayPal invoice. And low a behold today I find my book for sale on Instagram under the name of the guy I invoiced that fell through , WTF ?! Is it just me or is that some shady shhh ?

So just wanted to give the boardies here a heads up this dude might be trying to sell books he doesn't actually have.

_122.jpg

_122-2.jpg

So the boardie is only willing to send payment if he can turn around and flip it? And he is counting on you to hold it for him while he tries to sell it? He will probably have you drop ship it too.

Best forum for a large TPB sale? Copper or Mixed? Some reprint GA , SA, and BA, as well as Cooper and Modern stories. Some early graphic novels might even be Bronze.

I'm of the view that you should do 2 sales threads, one in G/S/B and one in C/M. I never go in mixed and I think a lot of people are similar.

_122.jpg

_122-2.jpg

So the boardie is only willing to send payment if he can turn around and flip it? And he is counting on you to hold it for him while he tries to sell it? He will probably have you drop ship it too.

Sadly it's not the first time we've seen this.

_122.jpg

_122-2.jpg

Sadly it's not the first time we've seen this.

:roflmao: Another big time player/wannabe dealer.

And the achievement for "CopperAgeKid's Business Practices Award" goes

to this new social media

can I promote my new low CAL energy drink by auctioning off spins of a roulette wheel which will then let you draw a card that if it matches the one in my pocket you win win a chance at an Action Comics 1 with every case of LoCAL Drink (currently only available in one flavor "IMSM1") that you buy out of the back of my car? Promise they will be lukewarm and only slightly dented.

is that ok?

I'm never sure what to make of this

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9785728#Post9785728

If I'll take it pending PM reply means "I've made an offer I'm hoping you will accept" than it would be better not to have posted the I'll take it. I cannot blame the person posting afterwards for getting in line...

...I realize maybe the first poster had an understanding with the OP, but if not this causes pointless confusion and is an unnecessary burden on the seller to arbitrate. 2c

I'm never sure what to make of this

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9785728#Post9785728

If I'll take it pending PM reply means "I've made an offer I'm hoping you will accept" than it would be better not to have posted the I'll take it. I cannot blame the person posting afterwards for getting in line...

...I realize maybe the first poster had an understanding with the OP, but if not this causes pointless confusion and is an unnecessary burden on the seller to arbitrate. 2c

No worries or hard feelings on my end if it goes to the original buyer. My intent was to notify the seller if this gentleman's terms weren't concrete.

From the looks of it though it didn't seem like they were. I could be wrong though.