• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

50 cent VG books ?!? Is this place getting a reputation for a fee less dumping ground ?

Serious proposition. We should add something to the selling rules for a minimum price.

50 cent VG books ?!? Is this place getting a reputation for a fee less dumping ground ?

Serious proposition. We should add something to the selling rules for a minimum price.

I dont really care about the low price comics but the no return, no refund, M.O. only, just screams of I want to screw you over I have seen the scenario before. Sell some cheap stuff to make people think they are a good seller and then someone get screwed on a large transaction

No we shouldn't

We should add something to the selling rules for a minimum price.

No we shouldn't

+1

At the very least, I hereby make a motion that we postpone further consideration of this idea until after I have finished liquidating all my original owner Marvel Team-Ups...which I predict will take at least another 10 years. :D

No we shouldn't

+1

At the very least, I hereby make a motion that we postpone further consideration of this idea until after I have finished liquidating all my original owner Marvel Team-Ups...which I predict will take at least another 10 years. :D

Okay, I rescind my proposition. Just curious Ed, I don't recall you ever selling 50 cent books here ? In fact, I don't recall any sales thread selling for less than a buck a book.

No we shouldn't

+1

Okay, I rescind my proposition. Just curious Ed, I don't recall you ever selling 50 cent books here ? In fact, I don't recall any sales thread selling for less than a buck a book.

CapFreaks final coup de grace was a quarter book thread.

i particularly like the money order only payment option.

It made me nostalgic for the 80's. It read just like the old CBG ads. :cloud9:

I'm sure I've had sales threads with $1 books mixed into the fray here and there (i.e., in the same sales thread as more expensive books).

Right now, I have a few 75-centers (and a bunch of $1 books) over in a large "never ending" sales thread I'm running in Mixed (I was serious about the Marvel Team-Ups :DLINK ). I've had people happy to buy some of those books to fill up packages that I'm shipping them anyway (which effectively gets them free shipping on those cheapies...which are otherwise cost prohibitive to buy).

So, I think (hope) that it's the broader context of the sales thread that determines whether the cheapies seem annoying or not (and yes...that sales thread that started this discussion is indeed annoying), rather than the strict fact that "cheap" books are being sold.

Besides, if we impose a minimum price, that technically means no more freebie books :cry:

Once in awhile I am given a few longboxes worth of comics by a local dealer to blow out on the boards. I have done that for the past two years. Prices have ranged from 25¢ to $1 a book. Any money raised went toward charity or a school. They have done very well and everyone was pleased from what I know. I am not doing it this year so I am not advertising a sale for them.

Not every cheapie sale is a bad thread.

:facepalm:

Go look at the commentary that's starting in AtlasFan's G/S/B thread. Why can't people resist making potentially deal-derailing comments in people's sales threads?

Unless it's your sales thread, or you're buying something, or you're correcting a factual error in the listing....don't post in the sales thread. :idea:

Go look at the commentary that's starting in AtlasFan's G/S/B thread. Why can't people resist making potentially deal-derailing comments in people's sales threads?

Unless it's your sales thread, or you're buying something, or you're correcting a factual error in the listing....don't post in the sales thread. :idea:

And of course the guy starting the chatter is the same guy who's gotten strikes for thread krapping several times already. Still hasn't learned any manners and most likely never will. The Poster Boy for Cool Books ™

And of course the guy starting the chatter is the same guy who's gotten strikes for thread krapping several times already. Still hasn't learned any manners and most likely never will. The Poster Boy for Cool Books ™

Yes and you would need a catchy line for the poster, something like

Cool Books ™ "In Your Face"!

Yes and you would need a catchy line for the poster, something like

Cool Books ™ "In Your Face"!

He also seems to have a very short memory. Might I remind him of the Hulk #340 sale of his on eBay.