• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Just a question, what's the "Mass" pedigree/copy? These are raw and curious if there is some distinctive feature that exists on them to designate this classification. Also if there is and if these were submitted to CGC would they denote as such based on just the submitted book?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9774957&nt=3&fpart=1

The Mass is the Massachusetts Ped. I can't remember if they get recognized by CGC or not, but I don't think they do. I'm pretty sure Chris (comix4fun) had a big chunk of Batmans and Detectives. I have had many Bronze Mass copies and they are really nice.

All the Mass Peds have full gloss, deep color and most have snow white pages (unless whomever has owned them since discovery didn't store them properly). Not all are high grade, but most of them are. In some cases there were more than one copy of a particular issue. The books were gorgeous and new looking when in hand. Really amazing books.

I, along with a friend, bought all the Mass Ped Bronze Batmans and Detectives (along with a few other short run titles) over 25 years ago when the collection was first discovered.

Thanks for the info.

Just a question, what's the "Mass" pedigree/copy? These are raw and curious if there is some distinctive feature that exists on them to designate this classification. Also if there is and if these were submitted to CGC would they denote as such based on just the submitted book?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9774957&nt=3&fpart=1

The Mass is the Massachusetts Ped. I can't remember if they get recognized by CGC or not, but I don't think they do. I'm pretty sure Chris (comix4fun) had a big chunk of Batmans and Detectives. I have had many Bronze Mass copies and they are really nice.

Fingh, CGC recognizes Mass. Here is the list of CGC recognized pedigrees

https://www.cgccomics.com/resources/pedigree.asp

Don't know where to ask this so I figured I'd try here

If a buyer claims a book for sale on add and pm's that He'll take it and had a conversation to take said book and was knowingly invoiced for said book but hasn't paid invoice and continues to postpone payment for book. Does this action count as a strike and if so where do I make said strike ?

My add also states a time frame for payment to be expected by.

Thanks

Yea its the SSM 20 , and I figured I'll give him till tomorrow. He has read my pm's and responded that he would pay Thursday night but no payment and then he said he'll pay tonight but still no payment.

I figured I'd ask about it first and give him some time Im a easy guy to work with.

Thanks for the feedback.

If a buyer claims a book for sale on add and pm's that He'll take it and had a conversation to take said book and was knowingly invoiced for said book but hasn't paid invoice and continues to postpone payment for book. Does this action count as a strike and if so where do I make said strike ?

If said buyer agreed to buy said book, he has 30 days to pay for said book before you could nominate said buyer to said probation list. After 30 days, you would need to PM said buyer and inform him that you will be nominating him in said Probation List thread and then said buyer has 3 days to respond to said nomination. If said buyer does not respond to said nomination within 3 days, then said buyer is automatically added to said Probation List.

'Nuff said.

If said buyer agreed to buy said book, he has 30 days to pay for said book before you could nominate said buyer to said probation list. After 30 days, you would need to PM said buyer and inform him that you will be nominating him in said Probation List thread and then said buyer has 3 days to respond to said nomination. If said buyer does not respond to said nomination within 3 days, then said buyer is automatically added to said Probation List.

'Nuff said.

I can't find the listing but apparently he stated he wanted to be paid in two days. The buyer presumably accepted that requirement by claiming the book and then, apparently, twice indicated the payment was on the way when it wasn't.

Does all of that supersede the usual 30-day rule or does the 30-day rule supersede a seller's TOS and a buyer's statements about when he intends to pay?

Honest question. I'm not sure of the answer.

'Nuff said.

I can't find the listing but apparently he stated he wanted to be paid in two days. The buyer presumably accepted that requirement by claiming the book and then, apparently, twice indicated the payment was on the way when it wasn't.

Does all of that supersede the usual 30-day rule or does the 30-day rule supersede a seller's TOS and a buyer's statements about when he intends to pay?

In this specific instance the two days would probably only kick in after 48 hours (this afternoon) - I don't know what kind of impatience/persistence we're dealing with on the seller side? I've seen that the buyer only has a handful of posts. (shrug)

Generally I think the 30 day rule would be the only thing relevant for PL nomination...essentially the seller's 2 day payment term frees him to relist his book for sale and if it doesn't sell he could nominate after 30 days have passed.

If he wants to, he can come here and complain about it so that others can determine whether to add the buyer to their personal lists.....however....coming in here and posting about non-payment based on your sales terms is something best done AFTER the deadline for payment has passed.

lol

'Nuff said.

In this specific instance the two days would probably only kick in after 48 hours (this afternoon) - I don't know what kind of impatience/persistence we're dealing with on the seller side? I've seen that the buyer only has a handful of posts. (shrug)

Generally I think the 30 day rule would be the only thing relevant for PL nomination...essentially the seller's 2 day payment term frees him to relist his book for sale and if it doesn't sell he could nominate after 30 days have passed.

If he wants to, he can come here and complain about it so that others can determine whether to add the buyer to their personal lists.....however....coming in here and posting about non-payment based on your sales terms is something best done AFTER the deadline for payment has passed.

lol

My bold above. This is my understanding also. The 30 day rule is only waived in cases where one or the other party refuses categorically to complete the transaction, than it can move immediately to a nomination, otherwise the clock must tick out. As you say, the seller's TOS does allow him to relist the book for sale, and if it should be sold to someone else the seller gives up the right to pursue nomination to the PL.

I was just about to post that over here.

He will be at the Carbo show again. Last year I walked up to him to drop off the pressing paper. I have no problem asking him about the books at the show if he still has not returned them.

Is it in poor taste to advertise a piece of art I have listed in the current CLink auction ?

I wanted to see what the board etiquette dictates before I actually do it especially because there is a minor omission in the listing.

Edited by Buzzetta

Is it in poor taste to advertise a piece of art I have listed in the current CLink auction ?

I wanted to see what the board etiquette dictates before I actually do it especially because there is a minor omission in the listing.

I see people do it all the time. Just do it in the right forum or I'll hump it