• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Ryan. said:

What's a flash sale and why are they suddenly so prevalent in my life? 

a tickle for your taint! :banana: 

6 hours ago, miraclemet said:

Why won't lighthouse just list prices?

His thread is all sorts of red flags at this point....

Forget his threads

The way he manipulated his HOS removal makes him highly questionable

Outlast your accusers and payoff the one who stuck around long enough , manipulations of a master

And ‘no PayPal’ account, I am sure that’s for legit reasons:eyeroll:

Then he starts a thread on how he manipulated the stimulus for himself

Edited by NP_Gresham

7 hours ago, wombat said:

Moderation clearly has too much times on their hands. Pulling an amazing thread because a RAW book was pulled because it had PREVIOUSLY been graded by another company? You have got to be kidding me. 

I was reading the thread last night, just before bedtime.  The book was pictured in a holder with the label cropped, and clearly not a raw book.  I was not surprised to see the thread removed this morning.   IMO, amazing threads should get no special treatment over any other threads.  

4 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

Forget his threads

The way he manipulated his HOS removal makes him highly questionable

Outlast your accusers and payoff the one who stuck around long enough , manipulations of a master

And ‘no PayPal’ account, I am sure that’s for legit reasons:eyeroll:

Then he starts a thread on how he manipulated the stimulus for himself

Yeah the no paypal was another red flag. Im guessing he got banned from them as well? 

1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

I was reading the thread last night, just before bedtime.  The book was pictured in a holder with the label cropped, and clearly not a raw book.  I was not surprised to see the thread removed this morning.   IMO, amazing threads should get no special treatment over any other threads.  

I thought I remembered it as a raw book. If it was in a different holder that is another story. 

Just now, wombat said:
1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

I thought I remembered it as a raw book. If it was in a different holder that is another story. 

There was another book that was listed previously graded by another company.  The pictures were of a raw book, which is fine.  Maybe that's the one you were thinking of.  

48 minutes ago, comicdonna said:
52 minutes ago, wombat said:
2 hours ago, comicdonna said:

There was another book that was listed previously graded by another company.  The pictures were of a raw book, which is fine.  Maybe that's the one you were thinking of.  

I've had CBCS or whatever books in my sale threads multiple times in a holder with the label cropped and never had a problem, and they all eventually sold.   Maybe @Joshua33  is a bad enough boy that he has button-humpers follow him around?  Or maybe he is another guy with a mod on his "follower" list. :gossip:

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

I've had CBCS or whatever books in my sale threads multiple times in a holder with the label cropped and never had a problem, and they all eventually sold.   Maybe @Joshua33  is a bad enough boy that he has button-humpers follow him around?  Or maybe he is another guy with a mod on his "follower" list. :gossip:

Yesterday, I looked down and realized I was going nearly 60 in a 50 MPH zone.  Luckily, I didn't get caught.  

13 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Yesterday, I looked down and realized I was going nearly 60 in a 50 MPH zone.  Luckily, I didn't get caught.  

I feel like a geezer grandpa any more while driving.  I can go 10 miles over the speed limit, and I have state police, county sheriff's, and everyone else zooming past me.  I don't understand the speed laws or the conventions any more.

Oh, and what I forgot to say, was that cropping the top off CBCS and PGX books used to be the convention around here - it was the accepted method.  When did that change?

49 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Oh, and what I forgot to say, was that cropping the top off CBCS and PGX books used to be the convention around here - it was the accepted method.  When did that change?

I believe it was the will of the Prophets of Bajor.  

52 minutes ago, comicdonna said:
1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

I believe it was the will of the Prophets of Bajor.  

(worship)

3 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I feel like a geezer grandpa any more while driving.  I can go 10 miles over the speed limit, and I have state police, county sheriff's, and everyone else zooming past me.  I don't understand the speed laws or the conventions any more.

You are a geezer :foryou: join the club

So...this is rule #1. in the selling rules.

Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

I just figure that if we are in a place that doesn't charge fees, but sells a product, we shouldn't disrespect them by selling a competitors  product after they ask us not to. Just like when I smoked a zillion years ago, I wouldn't go smoke in someone's bathroom if they asked me not to smoke.

I don't ever try to sell a book by another company because I can't crack them out, I'd break a nail...does anyone else here have that problem?

Just crack the book out so it is actually raw (as our hosts ask) and stop running hoops trying to hide a label or sell in the bathroom..Unless you are worried about your nails? IF so, I can't help you...

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

and stop running hoops trying to hide a label or sell in the bathroom..Unless you are worried about your nails? .

I think this is very mean and a hurtful way to talk to my pal Lizard. And what we do in the bathroom is private, that is unless you want some pics??

11 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:
13 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I think this is very mean and a hurtful way to talk to my pal Lizard. And what we do in the bathroom is private, that is unless you want some pics??

Please 

you asked for it. just remember once you see it, you can't " unsee " it. it be forever burned into your subconscious.