• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Why?

Got bored with the old one for a long time and always regretted not taking this one after the fact.

Never could quite figure out exactly what spiderman-on-tilt meant?? :makepoint:

I figured it was a name picked by a Spider-Man fan that was into poker.

Why?

Got bored with the old one for a long time and always regretted not taking this one after the fact.

I figured it was a name picked by a Spider-Man fan that was into poker.

We have a ^^

See, THIS is what happens when you coddle dickwad sellers:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3706400&fpart=1

:tonofbricks:

I had pm'd him after he was asking about those books in a thread and asked which ones he has, since I'm trying to put a set together. Those were not really ones I needed, so he decided to put them on Ebay.

*I* suggested that he put them in the forum (before he listed them on Ebay) and I never thought about explaining that you cannot do both. Apparently in the coin forum you can.

He was very nice and went out of his way to ID some bills for me...

Not every newcomer is a person to avoid, we do get lost lambs sometimes...I'm sure he was confused. I SURE would have been confused.

I agree with this.. except it seemed like he was a jerk about it afterward. Instead of "Oh I'm sorry-- should've read the rules" he rolled with the "freedom of speech" bit.

That said, I've been in a bad mood all day so maybe I'm just overly cranky.

-Rob-

There, there...It's OK, I understand PMS (or in guy's cases MMS) we can't help ourselves;)

and it takes 2 wrongs

It takes 2 wrongs to make a right? I'm confused.

:foryou:

Actually 3 lefts. :shrug:

Why?

In poker, if you are "on tilt" youre off your game due to anger or frustration usually.

With the new (albeit temporary) homepage being displayed when we log in containing links to name changes, strikes and bans, I thought it may be a good idea to have a link to the Probation List on there and keep the 'homepage' as it is now when anybody signs in.

There are still regular boardies who don't know about certain people on the Probation List, or even Hall Of Shame, and we've had certain HoSers flaunting the fact that they're still dealing via PM. If they latch onto a noob or someone who doesn't know their dealing history then they could do it all over again.

Thoughts?

With the new (albeit temporary) homepage being displayed when we log in containing links to name changes, strikes and bans, I thought it may be a good idea to have a link to the Probation List on there and keep the 'homepage' as it is now when anybody signs in.

There are still regular boardies who don't know about certain people on the Probation List, or even Hall Of Shame, and we've had certain HoSers flaunting the fact that they're still dealing via PM. If they latch onto a noob or someone who doesn't know their dealing history then they could do it all over again.

Thoughts?

(thumbs u

Thoughts?

PORTAL PAGE!!!! :sick:

So what does everyone think what's going on over here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3738590#Post3738590

Not saying this "seller gets a free pass for reneging" stuff is being abused, but it certainly could be, and gets us back to the " :takeit: Rules" guideline being added.

I have been privy to a scenario (not this one!) whereby a board member hit the BIN, then someone else PM'ed the seller later and offered *double* the amount, and the seller reneged on the original deal, saying that his "book had been damaged".

I realize it's impossible to police this kind of fraudulent stuff, but I think it would be easier if sellers knew going in that in-thread BINs need to take precedence.

So what does everyone think what's going on over here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3738590#Post3738590

Not saying this "seller gets a free pass for reneging" stuff is being abused, but it certainly could be, and gets us back to the " :takeit: Rules" guideline being added.

I have been privy to a scenario (not this one!) whereby a board member hit the BIN, then someone else PM'ed the seller later and offered *double* the amount, and the seller reneged on the original deal, saying that his "book had been damaged".

I realize it's impossible to police this kind of fraudulent stuff, but I think it would be easier if sellers knew going in that in-thread BINs need to take precedence.

JC,

It's much easier to simply post a link to a summary instead of making us read 5 pages of drivel to get to the point! :grin:

-d

If one has a sale thread and it gets no responses after a week, and it's relegated to at least the 2nd page, then is that person obligated to "close" the thread? My FS thread can't have the title edited, and I don't want to bump it needlessly just to put up a "CLOSED" post.

But, I have gone ahead and put that list up on another site.

-slym

Question on etiquette. Opened a sales thread in BA/SA/GA yesterday. Sold several books, but have some left. Would it be poor form to close that thread and open a booth in VCC? I would be willing to combine shipping on any new books in my VCC booth for anyone that purchased from the thread. Any advice is welcome (thumbs u

Question on etiquette. Opened a sales thread in BA/SA/GA yesterday. Sold several books, but have some left. Would it be poor form to close that thread and open a booth in VCC? I would be willing to combine shipping on any new books in my VCC booth for anyone that purchased from the thread. Any advice is welcome (thumbs u

I see no reason at all why you cannot do this, especially if there are some books left and no one is negotiating for them, It would be bad form to just close a negotiation for a book, but doesn;lt sound like that is happening with you.

Is it just me or is there more & more GPA-sneakiness going on here lately?

And by sneakiness I mean only posting the GPA numbers that seem to support your (slightly ridiculous) asking price, and completely ignoring the ones that are a much accurate representation of the book's true market value?

hm

Can people not check GPA on their own? Why on Earth would someone take some else's word (that they don't know) on the price of a comic book?

I always check GPA as a reference. It works both ways. Just because the last copy of issue X sold for $17, doesn't mean that's what the book is worth anymore than if it sold $1,000.

EDDY: Yes, Yes!… Why, oh why, do we pay taxes, hmmm? I mean, just to have bloody parking restrictions- and BUGGERY-UGLY traffic wardens, and BOLLOCKY-pedestrian-BLOODY-crossings?… and those BASTURD railings outside shops windows, making it so difficult so you can’t even get in them! I mean, I know they’re there to stop stupid people running into the street and killing themselves! But we’re not all stupid! We don’t all need nurse-maiding. I mean, why not just have a Stupidity Tax? Just tax the stupid people!

PATSY: And let them DIE!

(shrug)