• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

sellers here who still charge an extra % for Paypal payments :makepoint:

why not just increase your asking price to cover the extra percentage? :facepalm:

I just click out of the thread if I see that. Zero cost to list or sell and people still want the buyer to pay the paypal fee?

they have to make sure to squeeze every penny out of the deal, don't they? :facepalm:

That's exactly how I feel. It's like buying a house from a seller who doesn't hire a real estate agent but still wants full market. It's a free world but I just click out.

Me, too.

I was just about to :takeit: on a nice ST 110, when I noticed the dreaded "Buyer pays PP fees." O well...

I would love to see the seller's reaction when they go to a store, charge something, and the charge card fees are added to their invoice. :eyeroll:

I was just about to :takeit: on a nice ST 110, when I noticed the dreaded "Buyer pays PP fees." O well...

I would love to see the seller's reaction when they go to a store, charge something, and the charge card fees are added to their invoice. :eyeroll:

lol

While sellers asking for 3% to cover Paypal fees is a no-no for me when it comes to buying, it's always better than posting the little guy then getting hit up with the 3% during the PM exchanges after the fact.

While sellers asking for 3% to cover Paypal fees is a no-no for me when it comes to buying, it's always better than posting the little guy then getting hit up with the 3% during the PM exchanges after the fact.

lol I've never had anyone try that on me.

It is becoming more and more common around here :facepalm:

It's been a while back but I have had it happen a couple of times.

I agree. It is like being asked first where you want to be stabbed rather than just being stabbed without preamble. hm err...I think I just don't want to be stabbed period.

I'm looking forward to a seller nominating me to the probation list for backing out of a sale after trying that on me

I'm looking forward to a seller nominating me to the probation list for backing out of a sale after trying that on me

In hindsight I should have done when it happened to me, but at the time I felt a weird sense of obligation to see the deal through and take the hit. Never again.