• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6094287&gonew=1#UNREAD

I think Mike you will find that 'doosh' is Nico esq under a shill account.

Hi Nico :hi:

Andy, are you buying them or saying hello?

Edited by ComicCollectorx19 ( 22 minutes 38 seconds ago)

Isn't Nico's name George? ComicCollectorx19's name is Matt, unless he set up a fake Paypal account as well. Plus, according to Nico's eBay account, he is in West Virginia. ComicCollectorx19 does not live in West Virginia. What makes you think he's a shill?

I have been informed they are 2 different people and have no reason to doubt this info.

I retract my allegation and apologise to CC19

I was just about to :takeit: on a nice ST 110, when I noticed the dreaded "Buyer pays PP fees." O well...

Arrgh, it happened again with 'Tec 30! I'm not even gonna bother looking at GPA and whatnot to figure out value. :(

I was just about to :takeit: on a nice ST 110, when I noticed the dreaded "Buyer pays PP fees." O well...

Arrgh, it happened again with 'Tec 30! I'm not even gonna bother looking at GPA and whatnot to figure out value. :(

And I'll add that in the past few months, I've sold thousands of dollars of sketch covers on the boards, every single transaction was Paypal, and not once did I try to stick the buyer with the fees.

I'm supposed to cover the fees when I sell and when I buy? Why?

And I'll add that in the past few months, I've sold thousands of dollars of sketch covers on the boards, every single transaction was Paypal, and not once did I try to stick the buyer with the fees.

+1 ... I thought I was one of the few people that had a problem with a seller asking for PP fees...there was a thread a few months ago where I voiced this concern and basically got some resistance.

It's nice to read that there are more people here who think it's something that keeps people from buying stuff. For me it's not the extra few dollars, it's the principal of the thing.

Here is the thread I'm talking about "It's called capitalism."

+1 ... I thought I was one of the few people that had a problem with a seller asking for PP fees...there was a thread a few months ago where I voiced this concern and basically got some resistance.

It's nice to read that there are more people here who think it's something that keeps people from buying stuff. For me it's not the extra few dollars, it's the principal of the thing.

Here is the thread I'm talking about "It's called capitalism."

I'm with you. Maybe it's my imagination but it seems as if lately more sellers have been asking buyers to cover their fees. Next they'll start asking us to cover the cost of the gasoline they burn driving to the post office. lol

Sellers should welcome the security PayPal provides for buyers. It adds to the security of the purchase and encourages buying. :makepoint:

If the seller is unaware how asking for fees affects buying decisions, what else are they unaware of?

If a seller wants me to cover PayPal fees, I skip the thread. :sumo:

Sellers should welcome the security PayPal provides for buyers. It adds to the security of the purchase and encourages buying. :makepoint:

If the seller is unaware how asking for fees affects buying decisions, what else are they unaware of?

+1

Most of them tend to have dead threads...you think they would figure it out hm

+1

Most of them tend to have dead threads...you think they would figure it out hm

The problem is that most of them are unaware it's a big turn off for a lot of buyers. Especially the board users that came here just to use the Marketplace and not a lot else. I also see a bit of a copycat mentality, sellers see other sellers ask for the fees, think it's a way to get some money and decide to do it as well. And of course, because of the board netiquette you can't point out in the thread that the seller would do better if he didn't charge for paypal. PMing them isn't working either as it makes you come across as a cheap bastich lol

The only way seems to be in threads like these, but more often than not a bunch of sellers that really want to include the fees jump in and defend why the fees should be included and we're back to square one.

In over ten years on the boards, I paid the fees once (about 2 months ago) because I was looking for a book for a friend of mine and he told me to buy it for him and he didn't mind the extra fees (even when I told him it wasn't a good idea). It wasn't my money and my friend is happy with the book, but it still left a bad taste in my mouth.