• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I don't know. I only know I would be angry if another boardie copied my pics from my FS thread, and started a thread about them in the PGM section.

Without a simple PM to the seller it is in bad form. Think most sellers would happily post in the PGM thread if there was a difference in opinion.

a direct link might be a bit gauche...
If someone copied my images and started a thread in the PGM section, I would not be happy.

Agreed. If you're doing it because you think it's over graded, I'm afraid you just have to hold your tongue. If you're doing it because you honestly want some input on what the grade is as you're considering making a purchase, I'd say stick to PMs. PMing a couple friends, or even strangers who you see in the PGM threads a lot, shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks all. I was thinking of buying couple books but the more i look at the grade and the scans, there is no way the book get that grade and lately I've been off on my PGM grades so not sure what to do. Totally forgot about PM, now i know!!!

Thanks all. I was thinking of buying couple books but the more i look at the grade and the scans, there is no way the book get that grade and lately I've been off on my PGM grades so not sure what to do. Totally forgot about PM, now i know!!!

It's also cool to PM the seller and let him know you're interested but think the grade/price is too high. You might not convince him and you might not get the comic, but it's worth a shot. I've never had anyone get upset with me when I PM'd them with a difference of opinion on either grade or price.

18 wrecked and drekky books from the 90's for $50. hm

I sense a new trend approaching. :insane:

it's the "does someone smell craigslist?" trend....

So hard to hold tongue ... not sure why I should ...

Is it me, or are asking prices going up? The last few listings I've looked at have had prices ~$100 above GPA for comics in the $200 - $500 range, for not really any reason.

It's the continuing Ebayification of the marketplace. It is probably not as bad as all that, but the days of knowing all the sellers and having interacted with for a while are long gone. And rather than collectors who sell to supplement their habit, there are a lot more people in it to stretch their margins.

Is it me, or are asking prices going up? The last few listings I've looked at have had prices ~$100 above GPA for comics in the $200 - $500 range, for not really any reason.

It's the continuing Ebayification of the marketplace. It is probably not as bad as all that, but the days of knowing all the sellers and having interacted with for a while are long gone. And rather than collectors who sell to supplement their habit, there are a lot more people in it to stretch their margins.

You think? That may be true, and it'd be a major bummer. This is (was?) the best place to buy comics: good deals for buyers and sellers, with no fees and an excellent reliability quotient.

You think? That may be true, and it'd be a major bummer. This is (was?) the best place to buy comics: good deals for buyers and sellers, with no fees and an excellent reliability quotient.

I am not crying gloom and doom. Don't get me wrong. But at my SS end of the pool I would have threads from JJ, Chainnball, Joey, GACollectibles Rich Henn and many others who are strong contributors in addition to creating SS books. Now there are dozens of threads monthly, a lot from people I don't know, and I am pretty dialed in for SS. It's not bad, it's just different.

I can think of a reason. lol Are they also asking the buyer to pick up their PP fees? I know we've beaten that one to death but I still find it annoying.

Edited to add: Also seems like there's a lot more flipping or maybe I'm just noticing it more. Somebody gets a deal on eBay and their first thought is to sell it here at a stiff markup.

Edited by Sqeggs

I can think of a reason. lolAre they also asking the buyer to pick up their PP fees? I know we've beaten that one to death but I still find it annoying.

Edited to add: Also seems like there's a lot more flipping or maybe I'm just noticing it more. Somebody gets a deal on eBay and their first thought is to sell it here at a stiff markup.

Yup. I still give those listings a pass.