• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

He said the same to me, but now he is dodging me..

He's a kid, Pat, my bet is his reading this thread and he's embarrassed,but I think he will do the correct thing.

I was never a preteen boy, but some of you might remember that time...I'm sure he'll come through...and

If not, I think someone will send you a facebook link (discretely)

He seems to enjoy comics. I'd hate to see his future in the hobby ruined by a stupid decision this early in his life.

I'm sure he'll take care of his unresolved transactions so he can save his reputation for the future.

For what it is worth I do not want to discourage him, but I am uncomfortable due to the circumstances.

lets see the dads facebook posts? link to facebook page? Id like to read him bragging about his "son"

Did you get the whole point where Chris TACTFULLY thought this out and omitted the Facebook info.

This isn't to lynch a 12 year old boy in public. :sumo:

He deserves a caning at least (shrug)

What should I do about this? Books have not shipped yet and payment has been received.

Over the course of yesterday and today, I sold GIJOEISAWESOME $150+ in raw books via PM. He's paid for the books and agreed to a return policy with non refundable two way shipping charges in case of a return and no partial refunds(more detailed in PM but that's the concise version).

This is our first transaction. Sale was agreed upon on 2/5th, before any of this discussion, and paid in full today via paypal.

The timing of everything has put me in a weird spot. I would not have completed this deal if the PM negotiations had started a day later.

Refund him the money and cut all ties. You don't want to be selling to a 12 year old, especially this 12 year old.

are you all sure it wasn't dad posting as a kid? or having the kid post but telling him what to write? I am feeling like dad is behind a lot of this as well.
:facepalm:

explain the :facepalm: not sure why thats necessary as a reply

Edited by A.Romeo

What should I do about this? Books have not shipped yet and payment has been received.

Over the course of yesterday and today, I sold GIJOEISAWESOME $150+ in raw books via PM. He's paid for the books and agreed to a return policy with non refundable two way shipping charges in case of a return and no partial refunds(more detailed in PM but that's the concise version).

This is our first transaction. Sale was agreed upon on 2/5th, before any of this discussion, and paid in full today via paypal.

The timing of everything has put me in a weird spot. I would not have completed this deal if the PM negotiations had started a day later.

Refund him the money and cut all ties. You don't want to be selling to a 12 year old, especially this 12 year old.

plus he's probably going to need money to pay to refund everyone else he owes

are you all sure it wasn't dad posting as a kid? or having the kid post but telling him what to write? I am feeling like dad is behind a lot of this as well.

I just found the video.

The messages are just unreal. UNREAL. But the video makes me say this kid is smart.

Told ya it was going to be wild.

The stories he told of having kids, his work, having health issues.

And I sent him some Dave Stevens books as freebies he must have opened in front of his mom. That didn't go over to well.

lets see the dads facebook posts? link to facebook page? Id like to read him bragging about his "son"

Did you get the whole point where Chris TACTFULLY thought this out and omitted the Facebook info.

Can someone pm me a link so I can lynch in private? I'd hate to think I bought all this rope and torch oil for nothing. :kidaround:

He said the same to me, but now he is dodging me..

He's a kid, Pat, my bet is his reading this thread and he's embarrassed,but I think he will do the correct thing.

I was never a preteen boy, but some of you might remember that time...I'm sure he'll come through...and

If not, I think someone will send you a facebook link (discretely)

I was a 12 year old boy, and I have zero frame of reference for what this kid will do. I would never have dreamed of pulling some wildly_fanciful_statement like this, let alone gotten assistance, however unknowing, from my Dad.

I said SOME;) He's obviously a very bright kid...and hopefully he wills start using those powers for good;)

I'm sure no one wants to bash children here, but we can hope he learns a lesson and realizes that Lex Luthor is not the person you want to use as a role model.

explain the :facepalm: not sure why thats necessary as a replay

just seems odd that everyone has accepted Chris' explanation but you want to keep digging for more. At some point you just have to take someone's word and move on.

No offense, but we have a lot of soft touches on here. I can't believe some people actually seem to feel sorry for him. If he were my kid....well, spare the rod, spoil the child.

Congrats to the Board detectives. Nice work. :golfclap:
Absolutely, very well done everyone. :applause:

The pieces got put together by many people Harvey, Nick, Sharon, Jay, and several more and that doesn't even count the dozen plus boardies who shared information regarding transactions in order to paint a full, complete, and accurate picture of exactly what we were dealing with.

Complete board team effort.

Can someone pm me a link so I can lynch in private? I'd hate to think I bought all this rope and torch oil for nothing. :kidaround:

Here is the video.

Are you happy now? :sumo:

I received my money back, I am happy that he did not flake and run off with my money. There is hope for the boy. I hope he can learn honesty and ethics as what he has been doing is very wrong.

:applause:

Well, that's a step in the right direction!

explain the :facepalm: not sure why thats necessary as a replay

just seems odd that everyone has accepted Chris' explanation but you want to keep digging for more. At some point you just have to take someone's word and move on.

Oh im sorry I will just take someones word because they said it thanks for the tip!.

I dont know or havent seen all the evidence so I'm wrong to ask questions about it? I appreciate your feedback!

Edited by A.Romeo

Here is the video.

Are you happy now? :sumo:

doh! HAAAARRRVVVEEEYYYYY!!!!!

3.gif