• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

lol

He's officially our first publicly known board member born after the creation of these boards.

All that google research is going to land comix a visit from Chris Hansen.

Hope he clears things up with people who are waiting on books/money. (thumbs u

There were actually about 8 of us doing the digging and research, that are going to have to "take a seat right over there".

After finding the dads facebook, and pictures of the family at comiccon I'm just so confused.

I did a deal with a 12 year old? and the 12 year old upset me that much?

Man oh man.

That's the worst part...so humilating!!

He said the same to me, but now he is dodging me..

He's a kid, Pat, my bet is his reading this thread and he's embarrassed,but I think he will do the correct thing.

I was never a preteen boy, but some of you might remember that time...I'm sure he'll come through...and

If not, I think someone will send you a facebook link (discretely)

Wow, he has done an awful lot for a 12 year old. I suspected he was young but not that young.

Are we sure about this age?

1,000% sure

are you all sure it wasn't dad posting as a kid? or having the kid post but telling him what to write? I am feeling like dad is behind a lot of this as well.

I just found the video.

The messages are just unreal. UNREAL. But the video makes me say this kid is smart.

He's a kid, Pat, my bet is his reading this thread and he's embarrassed,but I think he will do the correct thing.

I was never a preteen boy, but some of you might remember that time...I'm sure he'll come through...and

I was a 12 year old boy, and I have zero frame of reference for what this kid will do. I would never have dreamed of pulling some wildly_fanciful_statement like this, let alone gotten assistance, however unknowing, from my Dad.

After finding the dads facebook, and pictures of the family at comiccon I'm just so confused.

Man oh man.

Makes you feel old, huh?

Bet that's a first. lol

Looking back through many of his early posts, I am really finding it hard to believe that only a 12 (was he 11 earlier last year?) was behind all of this.
He's a smart kid. No doubt about it.

lets see the dads facebook posts? link to facebook page? Id like to read him bragging about his "son"

Did you get the whole point where Chris TACTFULLY thought this out and omitted the Facebook info.

This isn't to lynch a 12 year old boy in public. :sumo:

Given what we know he's an extremely smart and industrious kid. The inability to tell the truth about who he was and the way he conducted business are things that he can, hopefully, learn to correct as he matures.

Man oh man.

Yup. A 12 year old got over on you. Awesome lol

He seems to enjoy comics. I'd hate to see his future in the hobby ruined by a stupid decision this early in his life.

I'm sure he'll take care of his unresolved transactions so he can save his reputation for the future.

Man oh man.

Makes you feel old, huh?

Bet that's a first. lol

I just wish you'd PM me about it :( :(

But the video I just watched where his dad is "interviewing" him about Austin Comic Con and he says "I did some trades, I got some good deals.." its mind blowing.

lets see the dads facebook posts? link to facebook page? Id like to read him bragging about his "son"

Did you get the whole point where Chris TACTFULLY thought this out and omitted the Facebook info.

This isn't to lynch a 12 year old boy in public. :sumo:

I asked to see the dads facebook post not the kids.

What should I do about this? Books have not shipped yet and payment has been received.

Over the course of yesterday and today, I sold GIJOEISAWESOME $150+ in raw books via PM. He's paid for the books and agreed to a return policy with non refundable two way shipping charges in case of a return and no partial refunds(more detailed in PM but that's the concise version).

This is our first transaction. Sale was agreed upon on 2/5th, before any of this discussion, and paid in full today via paypal.

The timing of everything has put me in a weird spot. I would not have completed this deal if the PM negotiations had started a day later.

Absolute Vertigo 1. 8.5. Presents well. Hot as coal (thumbs u

$25

and here's the VF+ book that he bought from me that was "damaged" during shipment that resulted in the refund demand

Holy ...

:facepalm:

-slym

This just keeps getting worse :facepalm:

And he didn't think people would put two and two together? Amazingly stupid.

It does seem pretty dumb doesn't it.

I vaguely remember him starting off doing something goofy and taking some heat for it but as his post count started to go up it appeared he was getting some credibility. I know post counts shouldn't really matter, heck I've been here since 2009 and have less than 300 posts, but when I see someone with a high count I assume they're a contributing member of the board. I guess DBs can have high count too...

I am like a chimp at a typewriter here. Post counts mean pretty much nothing here. Or anywhere.