• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Only jawn can answer that. I PM'ed him with a link to this discussion. If he doesn't care about the nomination, let him say that.

I don't think anyone wants to put words in someone else's mouth. If jawn don't care, neither will. (thumbs u

I have started a new job and haven't had as much time to be on here, topped with a power outage last night.

I do stand behind my nomination. My frustration was that it didn't mean anything to him since he just took the book to Ebay and could have cared less. I really don't think the price was that far out of line and stick by what I did. He was bartering and he knows it.

Ouch.

Anyone know why sales are so slow right now on the boards?

I don't mean just mine...there are a lot of good books at great prices on there right now but no one is buying.

Is everyone saving up for Comic Con?

Anyone know why sales are so slow right now on the boards?

I don't mean just mine...there are a lot of good books at great prices on there right now but no one is buying.

Is everyone saving up for Comic Con?

Some people remember the 90's.

Modern section is pile of dung, the perfume isn't working.

yes as others have said, summer is definite slow down time.

Dealers have already built up their con inventory (and arent looking to buy more, cause they are in selling mode, as in they are inventory rich and cash poor).

Collectors are either saving for their local summer con/cons (Heroes, SDCC, NYC, etc) or they've already "blown their load" at their annual con. Those with money may be thinking they can find better deals at the cons (like on a Sunday), so they pass on GPA average prices here on the boards.

Basically the few people with money are holding it, and most people are not holding money, their holding comics (or inventory).

plus I dont think anyone wants to be the guy to set the GPA high on a book (especially when purchasing here on the boards where everything is fee free (minus paypal)).

plus I dont think anyone wants to be the guy to set the GPA high on a book (especially when purchasing here on the boards where everything is fee free (minus paypal)).

And - correct me if I'm wrong - GPA doesn't collect sales data from here, right?

And - correct me if I'm wrong - GPA doesn't collect sales data from here, right?

I thought you could self report if you wanted to? maybe I'm thinking of something else.

I thought you could self report if you wanted to? maybe I'm thinking of something else.

when I first started using GPA there was a self-reporting option... it's gone now... I think there was an assumption that it opened up to much opportunity for market manipulation and had a high overhead to just verify a small number of self-reported sales.

and no GPA doesnt collect sales data from here.

that's a good point for sellers to realize.

many dealers/buyers use GPA.

So if GPA is reporting top sales of say $1000, and you are asking $1100... well that $1100 sale wont show as a market transaction, and the GPA continues to sit at $1000... if the new owner tries to sell then all they still have is the $1000 average GPA for the market to value their book at.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there are a few dealers that sell on here that do report.

For those too lazy to look or click, this is what Arch said today. Now let everyone begin debating its meaning, lol

Just a reminder - raffles are not allowed.

If you are spending more money on something than it's worth in the hopes that you will be the advertised "lucky winner" to get the secret package that is instead worth more money than you paid, then you are gambling. Raffles / gambling aren't allowed.

Even with a basic give away, (e.g. give you a shot at a prize when you buy their stuff) companies are usually held to a "no purchase necessary" requirement by law. So people can "sign up to win" even if they buy nothing.

Frankly, I don't know all of the ins-and-outs of the laws regarding this kind of thing so the actual moderation standard will be something like "if it smells like a raffle / game of chance / lucky few give away, then it's out."