• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

Because you never responded to the PM's, you cannot see who it was sent to on this new format CGC message board. Because you never replied, I am the only participant.

I guess you deleted the message tonight, because the second I send the message, it now says unread by none, whereas it used to say unread by transplant. Either way, you probably knew that prior to that post, therefore nothing new will "pop" up.

Now we can just pretend I invoiced the wrong person, but I checked every time I sent a reminder to make sure. Every time it said unread by transplant until you read it.

We can believe that because you are asking for the total again, that you are a big person and I imagined this.

What you said is not true. See my sceenshot below. You can see the participants in a PM thread even before the person replies.

Any reason you didn't send an all new PM?

Any reason you didn't post for me to contact you?

Any reason you don't acknowledge a remote possibility that you're in the wrong? I did, several times.

Any reason you want to be an and call me out over $18?

shot2.jpg

Edited by Transplant

i got the superman 235. thanks

Are you calling me out? :mad:

seriously though - I got hosed at the post office on that deal...., used too much packing material and sent it over the one pound box limit. :sorry: I really need to buy a home postage scale.

seriously though - I got hosed at the post office on that deal...., used too much packing material and sent it over the one pound box limit. :sorry: I really need to buy a home postage scale.

:cry:

Because you never responded to the PM's, you cannot see who it was sent to on this new format CGC message board. Because you never replied, I am the only participant.

I guess you deleted the message tonight, because the second I send the message, it now says unread by none, whereas it used to say unread by transplant. Either way, you probably knew that prior to that post, therefore nothing new will "pop" up.

Now we can just pretend I invoiced the wrong person, but I checked every time I sent a reminder to make sure. Every time it said unread by transplant until you read it.

We can believe that because you are asking for the total again, that you are a big person and I imagined this.

What you said is not true. See my sceenshot below. You can see the participants in a PM thread even before the person replies.

Any reason you don't acknowledge a remote possibility that you're in the wrong? I did, several times.

shot2.jpg

Greggy's right. I see you deleted the PM or something and it now shows only me as a participant. Mea culpa.

Just send me your paypal, I'll send the money and you can keep the books. I don't give a damn at this point.

Edited by Transplant

:cry:

That's what your going to do whenever you buy anything from the U.S. - the postal wail - the USPS has you canuckians bent over big time....,

We thank you for subsidizing our war in Iraq :lol:

shot2.jpg

sorry, but nothing I have said tonight is untrue.

I never sent a new PM because it always said unread by you, then, later on that day, said unread by none. Based on this I saw no reason to start another PM.

Same reply to the third question, actually I was refraining from calling you out.

I could be wrong or mistaken, but I seriously doubt it. If I thought for one second I was wrong, I would never have posted it.

Once again, when it comes to doing the right thing, what does the dollar amount have to do with it?

Keep calling me an , it strengthens your argument.

I never sent a new PM because it always said unread by you, then, later on that day, said unread by none. Based on this I saw no reason to start another PM.

Same reply to the third question, actually I was refraining from calling you out. REALLY? When all you had to do was send another PM or an email or request in a thread that I contact you?

I could be wrong or mistaken, but I seriously doubt it. If I thought for one second I was wrong, I would never have posted it. Great logic. At least I acknowledged that I might have missed an email or PM. You are absolutely certain you're right. Congrats.

Once again, when it comes to doing the right thing, what does the dollar amount have to do with it? It relates to whether you set out to publicly trash someone's reputation or not. To me it's a sliding scale of patience, more $ = less patience, less $ = more patience.

Keep calling me an *spoon*, it strengthens your argument. What can I say? I'm peeved.

You have no more way of proving what you claimed happened than I do of proving that I never deleted any PMs. This is pointless and I've said it before, give me a total and a paypal address and you can add the books to the holiday raffle.

Same reply to the third question, actually I was refraining from calling you out. REALLY? When all you had to do was send another PM or an email or request in a thread that I contact you?

I could be wrong or mistaken, but I seriously doubt it. If I thought for one second I was wrong, I would never have posted it. Great logic. At least I acknowledged that I might have missed an email or PM. You are absolutely certain you're right. Congrats.

Once again, when it comes to doing the right thing, what does the dollar amount have to do with it? It relates to whether you set out to publicly trash someone's reputation or not. To me it's a sliding scale of patience, more $ = less patience, less $ = more patience.

Keep calling me an *spoon*, it strengthens your argument. What can I say? I'm peeved.

You have no more way of proving what you claimed happened than I do of proving that I never deleted any PMs. This is pointless and I've said it before, give me a total and a paypal address and you can add the books to the holiday raffle.

So we are to the point that you probably wanted all along-

You can keep your money. I will donate the books. Happy?

One last bit of commentary about the board system of "probation" and "discussion":

This thread reminds me of ebay feedback. I have a problem, I try to contact the other party and it turns into a "yes I did, no you did not" match. Well I guarantee that I did not make any accusation lightly, and thought about it thoroughly prior to ever posting. But you hit the nail on the head--it was all pointless. Thanks for the retaliatory neg.

So we are to the point that you probably wanted all along- Just can't resist getting one last dig in, huh? It wasn't enough for you that as soon you pointed this out, I asked for Paypal info and a total? (shrug) Now you're going to accuse me of planning the whole thing all along? You're being juvenile now.

You can keep your money. I will donate the books. Happy? No. I want the books and I want you to have to mail them to me. I will donate them. At this point, I'm starting to wonder if you made the whole thing up so that you wouldn't have to send the books. See how stupid that sounds?

One last bit of commentary about the board system of "probation" and "discussion":

This thread reminds me of ebay feedback. I have a problem, I try to contact the other party and it turns into a "yes I did, no you did not" match. Well I guarantee that I did not make any accusation lightly, and thought about it thoroughly prior to ever posting. But you hit the nail on the head--it was all pointless. Thanks for the retaliatory neg.

:frustrated: The point is that I have suggested several ways that you could have called this matter to my attention without a public posting that was accusatory and confrontational in nature. You've failed to give any reason as to why you didn't explore those options first. To my knowledge, this is the first time I've seen a dispute where the seller says they invoiced someone and the buyer claims to have never received it. As for your allegations that you would see that the PMs had been read by me, that it just a lie plain and simple. I've admitted that it is at least possible that you sent a PM invoice and that either 1) I never got it, like others who now report some missing PMs, or 2) I accidentally deleted it. Either way, I certainly never deleted a PM after reading it each time you asked for money. Now, go pound sand, fist yourself, whatever. I want an invoice for my books and a paypal address to send it to. Otherwise, I'm calling you out as a liar who doesn't have the books to send that you offered.

How about you guys just draw a line under it and complete the deal?
God knows I've tried.

Good post by Doc Watson in the PM problems thread in General:

If someone starts a PM thread and the participants message each other back and forth a few times then everything is fine. What happens is one of the participants will delete the message on their end and then the other participant will try to send a message in that PM thread. Since the receiver has deleted the PM on their side the receiver instantly gets that the message is unread by none even though the receiver never actually received it.

Moral of the story: If you want to make sure that someone receives your message, start a new PM and don't send off of an old one.

It would nice if we could be notified if the message didn't go through.

How about you guys just draw a line under it and complete the deal?
God knows I've tried.

Good post by Doc Watson in the PM problems thread in General:

If someone starts a PM thread and the participants message each other back and forth a few times then everything is fine. What happens is one of the participants will delete the message on their end and then the other participant will try to send a message in that PM thread. Since the receiver has deleted the PM on their side the receiver instantly gets that the message is unread by none even though the receiver never actually received it.

Moral of the story: If you want to make sure that someone receives your message, start a new PM and don't send off of an old one.

It would nice if we could be notified if the message didn't go through.

There is a typo in that first paragraph. It should read: Since the receiver has deleted the PM on their side the sender instantly gets that the message is unread by none even though the receiver never actually received it.

Either complete the deal or don't complete the deal, guys. I've dealt with both of you and you are both stand up guys in my books. This doesn't need to get any nastier than it already has. I'm sure if you move on, others will as well. To me, this is a non-issue and I'd still be happy to deal with both of you.

Andy

The part i dont get is...if you won the comics weeks and weeks ago...you never PMed the seller asking for what the total was? You just sat around after saying you would take the books and did nothing? Something smells bad there. :gossip::devil:
I won't get mad just because you didn't read the whole thread before posting the above accusatory statement. Here's my first post after Shieldagent jumped the gun:

The idea being that people could post past experiences with sellers and buyers that didn't yet rise to the level needed for probation.

I read this three times, and the irony just beckoned me to post...

I have tried to be patient, but your sheer arrogance and hypocritical posting in this thread is just wrong.

Now, would you like to explain not only why you have ignored my invoice sent on 10/29 for the books you BIN’d, but why you have not responded to the four reminders I have sent just requesting your shipping information and preferred method of payment? ya know, before we get to probation level or whatever garbage you are spouting?

No offense but here was my PM record:

126, 127, 128, 130 for $9 ?

yea, it is cool thanks

Let me know what I owe when you get time and a paypal address.

Mike

If you emailed me after this, that might be the problem. I couldn't use my normal gmail on signup here and created another email account with my ISP, charter. It was supposed to autoforward, but I don't think I've ever received anything through it. Couldn't you just PM me? I think I can provide you with a ton of people I've purchased from here who can attest to my quick payments. Truthfully, I had forgotten about these books when I didn't get an invoice.

If you emailed and I didn't get it, use a PM next time. If you PM'd and can point me to where that was, I'll give a public mea culpa right here. Otherwise, pound sand. Your move.

In summary, I did ask for a total. I was in the middle of a selling thread and dealing with buyers. When I didn't get an invoice, I forgot about it. It's happened just recently as well. Bought something from Pirate. He forgot to invoice me and I forgot to ask for one as well. He PM'd me to apologize and we'll be closing that deal soon as well. Hope that clears it up for you. :acclaim: Of course, you could have PM'd me and I'd have been glad to have explained it to you also.

The part i dont get is...if you won the comics weeks and weeks ago...you never PMed the seller asking for what the total was? You just sat around after saying you would take the books and did nothing? Something smells bad there. :gossip::devil:
I won't get mad just because you didn't read the whole thread before posting the above accusatory statement. Here's my first post after Shieldagent jumped the gun:

The idea being that people could post past experiences with sellers and buyers that didn't yet rise to the level needed for probation.

I read this three times, and the irony just beckoned me to post...

I have tried to be patient, but your sheer arrogance and hypocritical posting in this thread is just wrong.

Now, would you like to explain not only why you have ignored my invoice sent on 10/29 for the books you BIN’d, but why you have not responded to the four reminders I have sent just requesting your shipping information and preferred method of payment? ya know, before we get to probation level or whatever garbage you are spouting?

No offense but here was my PM record:

126, 127, 128, 130 for $9 ?

yea, it is cool thanks

Let me know what I owe when you get time and a paypal address.

Mike

If you emailed me after this, that might be the problem. I couldn't use my normal gmail on signup here and created another email account with my ISP, charter. It was supposed to autoforward, but I don't think I've ever received anything through it. Couldn't you just PM me? I think I can provide you with a ton of people I've purchased from here who can attest to my quick payments. Truthfully, I had forgotten about these books when I didn't get an invoice.

If you emailed and I didn't get it, use a PM next time. If you PM'd and can point me to where that was, I'll give a public mea culpa right here. Otherwise, pound sand. Your move.

In summary, I did ask for a total. I was in the middle of a selling thread and dealing with buyers. When I didn't get an invoice, I forgot about it. It's happened just recently as well. Bought something from Pirate. He forgot to invoice me and I forgot to ask for one as well. He PM'd me to apologize and we'll be closing that deal soon as well. Hope that clears it up for you. :acclaim: Of course, you could have PM'd me and I'd have been glad to have explained it to you also.

I thought i did read the whole thing. :makepoint: So many pages i got lost. Sorry about that :foryou: Thanks for summing it up for the dumb! :headbang: