• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

No, I made a run on a few, but couldn't quite pull it off. It's okay though- if they were easy to get then they wouldn't be grails :) But I'm relatively certain that before the summer is out I will have every other Spidey in my run (1-328) minus the #1 so that's not too bad. :grin:

First... wow- looks like I was mildly clueless as to my good fortunes! :)

Anyhow, I make no pretenses about being a wizened old collector. I'm still in the learning process here. So, here's a sales related question for y'all:

When you are trading comics with someone, at what value do you trade the books? I know when selling comics, you usually look at the FMV or at least the typical % off the OSPG for books of that title and grade. Does it work the same with trades? Stupid question perhaps, but I'd still be stupid without an answer if I didn't ask. :grin:

I recently traded with someone on the boards...I had a few books he wanted and he had one I wanted. FMV worked out to be almost the same, his book maybe a little higher than the ones I sent, but he was happy with the books he received and so was I

When you are trading comics with someone, at what value do you trade the books? I know when selling comics, you usually look at the FMV or at least the typical % off the OSPG for books of that title and grade. Does it work the same with trades? Stupid question perhaps, but I'd still be stupid without an answer if I didn't ask. :grin:

That's generally the approach I would take, but it's still subject to agreement between the parties. If the other guy wants to overvalue his books or undervalue yours, then that's usually a good sign to just walk away.

I would like to 'discuss' my soon to start sales thread in these here forums.

Greggy has a date with his personal trainer and I was wondering if anyone else is even online? You don't need to buy anything....But I would appreciate it if someone else can step up and insult my books occasionally. It makes it fun for me and an excuse to get another drink.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Greggy has a date with his personal trainer and I was wondering if anyone else is even online? You don't need to buy anything....But I would appreciate it if someone else can step up and insult my books occasionally. It makes it fun for me and an excuse to get another drink.

Post your crappy books, dorkette* :makepoint:

*used without the expressed written permission of Mr. Greg Loey

You need to send him a check for 12.50 for copyright infringement.

Great, another crappy sales thread :makepoint:

You need to send him a check for 12.50 for copyright infringement.

He owed me $12.50 for Jesperson's home address :whistle:

Great, another crappy sales thread :makepoint:

:acclaim: