• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I wish I had a custom title :(

Wrong place to whine about it.

The correct response is "You don't get one."

I was under the impression one could pm Arch and just ask for one.

I found anything over 1,000 and people start hearing you. It also depends who you're debating with. It seems whoever has the largest post count also has the most supporters.

I always thought folks with custom titles trumped all others

:banana:

I can think of at least one person who proves that theory wrong :baiting:

Custom title envy

No, just being a doosh :sorry:

lol

I found anything over 1,000 and people start hearing you. It also depends who you're debating with. It seems whoever has the largest post count also has the most supporters.

hm That means Kav must have a very large following.

It's not so much that he has a following, but more that he's near impossible to avoid. :insane:

I always thought folks with custom titles trumped all others

:banana:

hm

hm That means Kav must have a very large following.

It's not so much that he has a following, but more that he's near impossible to avoid. :insane:

^^

So I have a full OO run of "Y the Last Man". The #1 just came back from CGC 9.8

(I have a reprint #1 so the series can still be read start to finish).

Is this a keeper set or is it time to sell?

Dunno. Looks like the movie deal is dead.

It should be made as a mini series on one of the cable networks. The length would allow them to do the story right instead of compressing it into a (likely) 2 hour movie.

Boy, this seems like bad practice: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8105429#Post8105429

...setting up an auction and declaring an ending time (i.e., 10 PM Central tonight), and then shutting things down early because of "no interest".

Seems like once one commits to an auction structure with time parameters, it needs to run its course...perhaps someone was contemplating a bid and was waiting until after work, or something.... (shrug)

Boy, this seems like bad practice: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8105429#Post8105429

...setting up an auction and declaring an ending time (i.e., 10 PM Central tonight), and then shutting things down early because of "no interest".

Seems like once one commits to an auction structure with time parameters, it needs to run its course...perhaps someone was contemplating a bid and was waiting until after work, or something.... (shrug)

At the time I noticed he closed it, it had only been 45 minutes. I thought it was strange.

I saw that.

Of course, mid-grade, non-key (for the most part) late Silver Thors aren't the biggest draw.

It should be made as a mini series on one of the cable networks. The length would allow them to do the story right instead of compressing it into a (likely) 2 hour movie.

I agree, it has all the ingredients for a hit series, the very premise would make advertising easy and you wouldn't need to depend on a core comic fan base to build an audience.

I have an almost full run, missing #1, which I sold separately. I don't know if I regret that. I thought of getting another one so I could sell as a complete set, but I'm not sure whether that is even worth it. (shrug)

I agree, it has all the ingredients for a hit series, the very premise would make advertising easy and you wouldn't need to depend on a core comic fan base to build an audience.

I have an almost full run, missing #1, which I sold separately. I don't know if I regret that. I thought of getting another one so I could sell as a complete set, but I'm not sure whether that is even worth it. (shrug)

I am pretty OCD so I dont think I could sell just the #1 without the rest of the set. They belong together.