• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I'd say fair game. That :takeit: pending scans is weak sauce in my book.

That's kind of why I did it. (Plus I wanted the books of course.) If you're gonna do the 'pending scans' thing where the op has no guidelines on it, mannup and just take it.

Yeah, I guess if the seller has a rule about it, that's a different story. Otherwise, "take it pending scans" just means "I'm not sure I want it, but I don't want anyone else to get it until I've decided."

that being said, if the OP decided to post a IM1 modern book instead of the silver age book, would the buyer be forced to buy it?

Not by me.

I don't even understand the point of starting a sales thread without pics, or saying pics are coming.

Personally I don't hit create thread until I have the post completed: rules, titles, prices, pics, etc.

When I see a listing pop up, I just want to see whats for sale, buy something or move on. These 'anticipation' threads are a pain.

I don't even understand the point of starting a sales thread without pics, or saying pics are coming.

Personally I don't hit create thread until I have the post completed: rules, titles, prices, pics, etc.

When I see a listing pop up, I just want to see whats for sale, buy something or move on. These 'anticipation' threads are a pain.

+1

+1

As far as I'm concerned, if there aren't scans the listing doesn't exist.

Way too many defect variations of books in grade, not to mention centering and miscuts.

+1

Way too many defect variations of books in grade, not to mention centering and miscuts.

Amen.

:applause:

+1

Amen.

Quite true, ahem.

What the heck is Wytches? Did this comic just come out only to sell immediately for $180?

It's called manufactured scarcity. Same thing as all the variant covers. Creating value where logically there shouldn't be any. Sports cards did this with insert cards in the 90s and the entire industry collapsed.

Here's an idea. How about people sell what they have instead of what they might acquire at a later date for an undetermined price?

:idea:

Never understood the whole pre-sale thing.

Nothing wrong with pre-sales that are clearly advertised as such. (shrug)

What the heck is Wytches? Did this comic just come out only to sell immediately for $180?

It's called manufactured scarcity. Same thing as all the variant covers. Creating value where logically there shouldn't be any. Sports cards did this with insert cards in the 90s and the entire industry collapsed.

I agree, and you may be able to say the same thing one day about the present TV/Movie hype, all manufactured scarcity. The number of books, for which the inflation is based strictly on consistently strong demand are few, IH 181, for example, will probably remain immune to the rise and fall of other media, ASM 129 also. There may be a few others.

Ok, I read the thread. I was referring to pre-sales of product you know you have coming in. This pre-sale of stuff the seller may get should stop.

There aren't enough facepalms in the world . . .