• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel UK Price Variants
16 16

2,571 posts in this topic

On 11/16/2021 at 8:35 PM, gadzukes said:

:facepalm:

Typical American, thinking our Game Shows are world wide

Now if you'd gone for Mastermind, and said "Your starter for ten..." we'd have been in business. 

Will you be watching tomorrow Gad? @gadzukes

I don't think your 7.0 is under threat, but still interesting to see how it goes.

https://www.andersonandgarland.com/auction/lot/lot-1124---marvel-comics/?lot=275442&so=0&st=amazing fantasy&sto=0&au=471&ef=&et=&ic=False&sd=0&pp=100&pn=1&g=-1

On 11/16/2021 at 8:39 PM, gadzukes said:

Jeopardy is a beloved American game show who's long running host, Alex Trebek died 1 year ago.  They've been looking for a replacement.

On 11/16/2021 at 8:40 PM, gadzukes said:

I have no clue what you're talking about HAHA

It's funny isn't it, how we all take it for granted that everyone follows our cultural output. There's some guy reading this in France now, probably, saying to himself "What! You've never heard of Le Juste Prix!?"

Except in French, of course. 

On 11/16/2021 at 3:38 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Will you be watching tomorrow Gad? @gadzukes

I don't think your 7.0 is under threat, but still interesting to see how it goes.

https://www.andersonandgarland.com/auction/lot/lot-1124---marvel-comics/?lot=275442&so=0&st=amazing fantasy&sto=0&au=471&ef=&et=&ic=False&sd=0&pp=100&pn=1&g=-1

Whoa... that's a nice looking copy.

On 11/16/2021 at 3:44 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

It's funny isn't it, how we all take it for granted that everyone follows our cultural output. There's some guy reading this in France now, probably, saying to himself "What! You've never heard of Le Juste Prix!?"

Except in French, of course. 

When the Will Ferrell movie "EuroVision" came out I was like "Eurovision... what's that?".  My wife is from Spain and she was like, "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT EUROVISION IS???"  

I had never heard of it.

On 11/16/2021 at 8:45 PM, gadzukes said:

Whoa... that's a nice looking copy.

@Kevin.J and I (new board name?) have been watching it today, messaging each other, commenting on some of the prices. A mixed bag, with some stunning highs on the keys. Kev watched it all day and got stuck in his chair. I called an ambulance for him and hopefully they'll have him free soon so he can eat something.

Tomorrow is the fun day though with the AF15 and the early Marvel runs. A big breakfast, a good rood, and we're off :popcorn:

On 11/16/2021 at 8:49 PM, gadzukes said:

When the Will Ferrell movie "EuroVision" came out I was like "Eurovision... what's that?".  My wife is from Spain and she was like, "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT EUROVISION IS???"  

I had never heard of it.

Whereas we try to pretend we've never heard of it. Hated by all of Europe as we are, the dreaded "nul pwois" awaits us annually 9_9

Of course, it doesn't help that we enter terrible songs. 

On 11/16/2021 at 8:50 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

@Kevin.J and I (new board name?) have been watching it today, messaging each other, commenting on some of the prices. A mixed bag, with some stunning highs on the keys. Kev watched it all day and got stuck in his chair. I called an ambulance for him and hopefully they'll have him free soon so he can eat something.

Yeah, I have over compensated and ate too much now, stuck in the chair again lol 

On 11/16/2021 at 9:10 PM, Kevin.J said:

Yeah, I have over compensated and ate too much now, stuck in the chair again lol 

Sustenance for the big one tomorrow. Auction that is, not dump lol

Anyway, you've gone all oblong Kev:

Capture.PNG.5b386131d4a75931fbb75ab1365e795c.PNG

You've actually been on a secret diet, haven't you :taptaptap:

On 11/16/2021 at 9:13 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Sustenance for the big one tomorrow. Auction that is, not dump lol

Anyway, you've gone all oblong Kev:

Capture.PNG.5b386131d4a75931fbb75ab1365e795c.PNG

You've actually been on a secret diet, haven't you :taptaptap:

That's the slimmest I have looked in years lol 

On 11/16/2021 at 9:19 PM, Kevin.J said:

Yeah, my Brown Bottle costume barely fitted to start with, now its right up my arse

Oh, come on, I've eaten and everything clint-eastwood-yuck.gif.7718dfb62abfabef53a78e462f33af96.gif

On 11/16/2021 at 3:50 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Tomorrow is the fun day though with the AF15 and the early Marvel runs. A big breakfast, a good rood, and we're off :popcorn:

I can't imagine bidding tens of thousands of dollars/pounds on a grail that hasn't been graded.  Are they listing grades in the descriptions?

The splash page sig is very similar to the one I have (I guess there was a con in London in '76?)

I cringed when I saw the stress they put on the cover at the top staple to take this picture.    They could have easily popped that staple.

1.jpeg

On 11/16/2021 at 10:39 PM, gadzukes said:

I can't imagine bidding tens of thousands of dollars/pounds on a grail that hasn't been graded.  Are they listing grades in the descriptions?

The splash page sig is very similar to the one I have (I guess there was a con in London in '76?)

I cringed when I saw the stress they put on the cover at the top staple to take this picture.    They could have easily popped that staple.

1.jpeg

From my distribution thread: 

On 11/11/2021 at 3:31 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I requested a condition report on the AF#15:

Thank you for your enquiry about lot 1124 - Marvel Comics, in The Ian Penman Collection of Silver Age and Bronze Age American Comics on 16/11/2021.

Condition report:
Condition: GD+/VG-
No restoration,
Spine rub and small spine creases near staples on front cover; single vertical centre crease to front cover and light wrinkling/creasing at top right. Colour is excellent and a reasonable amount of gloss is still present.
Rear cover has a central blemish which is perhaps the result of hot ironing; there is slight yellowing particularly down the spine edge.
Generally good interior with Stan Lee's dedication to Ian at the top of page 1 (as a journalist, Ian interviewed Stan Lee in America and wrote about him circa 1976). There is a small section of page 1 torn away at lower right edge (see close-up photograph on our website catalogue.)
Generally good near-white interior pages with hints of yellowing at some edges.
Overall, a nice above-average copy.

They have added more pictures now, and noted a Stan Lee inscription. The pictures show the cover being folded back quite harshly and an erroneous JIM interior. Going for it, aren't they.