• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel UK Price Variants
16 16

2,571 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2021 at 7:07 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

As well as Hulk 181, WBN 32 is absent.

Wonder if they were diverted before the collection went to the auctioneers.

Yeah there are a few others missing too Albert

A few people have mentioned that the auctioneers commission of 26% has to be added onto the hammer price. I logged in a few times yesterday to see how things were going and always saw an auctioneers commission of 33.5% showing.

On 11/17/2021 at 7:07 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

As well as Hulk 181, WBN 32 is absent.

Wonder if they were diverted before the collection went to the auctioneers.

We were saying that - odd books to be absent

On 11/17/2021 at 7:08 PM, Kevin.J said:

Just said on the news that the collection sold for around 300k

Blimey. Thanks for posting all the prices Kev, here and in the PM stream. I wasn't far off on the AF15 then!

On 11/17/2021 at 7:22 PM, Redshade said:

A few people have mentioned that the auctioneers commission of 26% has to be added onto the hammer price. I logged in a few times yesterday to see how things were going and always saw an auctioneers commission of 33.5% showing.

Blimey squared. That's a lot of extra money, isn't it. 

On 11/17/2021 at 7:32 PM, gadzukes said:

I'm still unclear about the commissions.  Were they added into the shown prices already?

No, add 26.4% to the final hammer price that you see for what the buyer will actually pay. Or 33.5% if Redshade is right. 

On 11/17/2021 at 7:45 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

No, add 26.4% to the final hammer price that you see for what the buyer will actually pay. Or 33.5% if Redshade is right. 

Its probs 33.5% if viewed through a secondary site like Saleroom rather than A&G as saleroom will stick it up you too

On 11/17/2021 at 7:45 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I've just been looking at the catalogue again and dash it all the "buyer's premium" (as they call it) was indeed 26.4% yet as I looked in a few times on the live bidding stream a commission of 33.5% was showing. I was not hallucinating and I've been off the sauce for years. Someone else must have seen it?

On 11/17/2021 at 2:45 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

So that means the AF15 finish at about $51,000 US with commissions.

That's super strong for a 3.0ish AF15.  I wonder if the buyer thought it was a higher grade?  Or maybe they didn't see the torn off piece of the splash page.

Or..... maybe pence copies have finally flipped the narrative and are now worth more than US copies hm

On 11/17/2021 at 12:25 AM, gadzukes said:

I guess I'm excited because as an American I have never seen so many Pence copies in a collection.

To me it's rare and exciting.  I guess it's ho hum across the pond

It is unusual to see so many at once. Unfortunately, this particular sale came about because the owner died.

It will happen again, for sure, though.

Original owner intact Silver Age collections are becoming fewer with each passing year.

On 11/17/2021 at 8:07 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

You will end up with about 55% of the amount the buyer has paid.

Correct Albert. They slice off a wodge of the hammer price as "sellers commission" before they pay out to the consignor. Have it

both ways they do.

Edited by Redshade

On 11/17/2021 at 8:07 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

You will end up with about 55% of the amount the buyer has paid.

Yeah but some of those mid level lots were okay prices, its less effort than ebay and I cant breathe for books lol 

On 11/17/2021 at 8:13 PM, Redshade said:

Correct Albert. They slice off a wodge of the hammer price as "sellers commission" before they pay out to the consignor. Have it

both ways they do.

Who let Yoda in? :bigsmile: