• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel UK Price Variants
16 16

2,571 posts in this topic

On 10/21/2021 at 2:55 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

...and I think I've posted this before - not my copy, it's from an old auction photo - but that's some riot of stamps isn't it.

241781-0.thumb.jpg.cfd38697c40594c950463ae2f6d5e081.jpg

Love it :cloud9:

The condition report on this has some good news and some bad news.

The bad news is that the front and back covers, while still attached to each other, are completely separated from the inside page.

The good news more than makes up for it, though. The back has more of those lovely 3d stamps.

On 12/14/2021 at 6:37 PM, gadzukes said:

I'm finally getting this one back from CGC.

I was thinking 1.5 at best, but I got lucky and am getting a 1.8 Blue label.

Yessssssssssss!

Including mine... only 35 on the census.  As lowly as mine is..... only 23 Blue labels are better than mine :banana:

1.jpeg

Nice. Is the Thing wearing boots because he doesn't like getting his feet wet?

Either way, stylish....

43541869_BatmanOhYeah.gif.16820fbaab145f2c0274f7b468859121.gif    thing.PNG.ea5ee3b48375180e0972fa780cd6fd97.PNG  

On 12/15/2021 at 1:31 PM, gadzukes said:

Hilarious

By issue 5 he had already lost the boots again.  Gotta be tough to squeeze rock feet into booties.

Yes. And I heard that style rubs on the heels. 

I was disappointed to miss out on this lot in the A&G auction yesterday - the sort of lot that was made for me, with examples of everything that floats my boat (including Charltons, Harveys and a Wyatt #29). I ended up bidding double what I intended to and still lost. It went for over £500 with fees:

Capture.PNG.31cf91b5b261ca9807e002b28223fcd8.PNG

It's the sort of lot, I'm sure, that would have gone for a tenth of that not so long ago. Oh well. Hard going, lately. 

On 12/15/2021 at 6:09 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

If Wonder Woman can do what she does in high heels, maybe the Thing should give them a whirl.

I can see him now, in adamantium reinforced sling backs :bigsmile:

On 12/16/2021 at 10:26 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I was disappointed to miss out on this lot in the A&G auction yesterday - the sort of lot that was made for me, with examples of everything that floats my boat (including Charltons, Harveys and a Wyatt #29). I ended up bidding double what I intended to and still lost. It went for over £500 with fees:

t Capture.PNG.31cf91b5b261ca9807e002b28223fcd8.PNG

It's the sort of lot, I'm sure, that would have gone for a tenth of that not so long ago. Oh well. Hard going, lately. 

What??? For just eight comics?

On 12/16/2021 at 12:53 PM, Redshade said:

What??? For just eight comics?

29 comics in all Stephen, according to the written description. Maybe there was something nice hiding in there, that they missed, and an in person viewer saw, hence the bidding. I didn't get around to asking for a full list, so will never know now. Silly me. It doesn't help having undisclosed books in a lot, which seems to happen a lot lately. I think they should at least take a few pictures showing every comic in the lot, even if it's from a distance. This is the third lot this year I've missed out on due to the relatively low value books that I want being lumped in with higher value books - and often, books which have no relation to each other. What can you do. You're either lucky or rich. Lately, I'm neither :tonofbricks:

On 12/16/2021 at 1:07 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

29 comics in all Stephen, according to the written description. Maybe there was something nice hiding in there, that they missed, and an in person viewer saw, hence the bidding. I didn't get around to asking for a full list, so will never know now. Silly me. It doesn't help having undisclosed books in a lot, which seems to happen a lot lately. I think they should at least take a few pictures showing every comic in the lot, even if it's from a distance. This is the third lot this year I've missed out on due to the relatively low value books that I want being lumped in with higher value books - and often, books which have no relation to each other. What can you do. You're either lucky or rich. Lately, I'm neither :tonofbricks:

I'm just glad that I am no longer an active collector. The market must surely be due a massive collapse as we older enthusiasts retire or die and all the speculators are left trying to sell  overpriced and unwanted comics to each other.

On 12/16/2021 at 1:17 PM, Redshade said:

I'm just glad that I am no longer an active collector. The market must surely be due a massive collapse as we older enthusiasts retire or die and all the speculators are left trying to sell  overpriced and unwanted comics to each other.

Mebbe. I was hoping for a nice parcel, with a few surprises, maybe, but there you go. Everything's a million quid nowadays. 

On 12/16/2021 at 1:07 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I didn't get around to asking for a full list, so will never know now. Silly me. It doesn't help having undisclosed books in a lot, which seems to happen a lot lately.

Let me know next time and I will go and have a look for you.

I had a hospital apt today, it totally distracted me and I forgot about the 2nd part of the auction, no books for me :( 

On 12/16/2021 at 4:33 PM, Kevin.J said:

Let me know next time and I will go and have a look for you.

Cheers Kev. In my minds eye, I assumed I'd win it, and the unknown extras would then be a surprise. Something to look forward to, a bit of excitement.

On 12/16/2021 at 4:33 PM, Kevin.J said:

I had a hospital apt today, it totally distracted me and I forgot about the 2nd part of the auction, no books for me :( 

Hope it went OK. I missed day two too with one thing and another. 

On 12/16/2021 at 1:17 PM, Redshade said:

all the speculators

There is certainly no shortage of speculators driving up the price, but only of certain items.

Hawkman 4 - does anyone believe that there are legions of people who only want that issue, and no other from the Hawkman run?

Ditto Detective 359 and, especially, tales To Astonish 13. Before the film, that was priced the same as 12 and 14, now it has got out of reach of most people.

At least it is genuinely scarce, though. Hawkman 4 is not in short supply, and never will be.

And there must be thousands of copies of Spider-Man 300 in circulation.

Beware of tulip fever, just buy the mags you really want and enjoy. Some people will get their fingers burnt before long, I suspect.

On 12/16/2021 at 7:44 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

Beware of tulip fever

I read that only the other month. That was one expensive pickled onion.