• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Round of 128
2 2

223 posts in this topic

Just now, thirdgreenham said:

Veddy interesting hm 

I've submitted this book twice and gotten the same result each time.  It makes sense, though.

I've posted this book about 15 times to prove a point.

1 minute ago, toro said:

Okay, I've never seen that before, so why does it get an 8.5?

Wow I finally came up with something Toro didn't know!

13 minutes ago, Red84 said:

I think they are grading each cover as if the interior was perfect.  Then they grade the entire book as a whole with the lower graded cover.?

Which is really dumb.

It's one book. It should get one grade because it is one book.

But CGC apparently grades the cover alone..... and then grades the book separately... but only when there's more than one cover, because <insert irrational arbitrary reason here> :insane:

It is one book. One.

Who cares what the inner cover-alone or the outer cover-alone grades would be (which would be NG grades if you just submitted the either cover... alone).

Bizarre.

Edited by jcjames

2 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Which is really dumb.

It's one book. It should get one grade because it is one book.

But CGC apparently grades the cover alone..... and then grades the book separately... but only when there's more than one cover, because <insert irrational arbitrary reason here> :insane:

It is one book. One.

Who cares what the inner cover-alone or the outer cover-alone grades would be (which would be NG grades if you just submitted the either cover... alone).

Bizarre.

For all we know that's how they grade a book with one cover, but they just don't put that number on the label.  Maybe they give the cover a grade, then look at the whole book, and make a combined final grade.  Tis the mystery of the CGC process. :)

3 minutes ago, Red84 said:

For all we know that's how they grade a book with one cover, but they just don't put that number on the label.  Maybe they give the cover a grade, then look at the whole book, and make a combined final grade.  Tis the mystery of the CGC process. :)

Then why not list the "cover grade" for all single-cover books in the notes like they do for multiple-cover books? 

One book should get one grade.

7 hours ago, FineCollector said:

I got :eek: in response to my grades.  Guess I don't have to submit as nice a prize as I was expecting :nyah:

I got the dreaded :frown:

14 hours ago, sckao said:

That second Shadow entry was the problem match-up. Earlier, W16227 was also mistakenly entered into that TOP match-up for Unca Scrooge. Instead of Shadow being there, it was supposed to be the last 11 seed, WEBHEAD.

That entire match-up was screwed up... :sick:

and here I was though my greatness was finally being recognized with two chances

:whee:

FWIW - I think you guys are handling the issues well - the timing of the new boards implementation is not helping things.....

I was surprised an apparent 7.0 with a popped top staple got a 6.5 as a double cvr-do you think it would have still got a 6.5 as a single cover?