• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Round of 128
2 2

223 posts in this topic

Just now, toro said:

What was going on in the back of the CM?  It looked like it had water damage?

cm17b.jpg

MY REASONING WAS PRODUCTION ERROR-OTHERWISE WHO WOULD SLAB A BOOK WITH THAT IF IT WAS DAMAGE.

4 minutes ago, trmoore54 said:

Sent my grades Sunday March 12 1:39pm PST.  Let me know if you want me to send you a screenshot of the PM.

Just bump the PM.  I've having issues using the search PMs feature.

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon

5 minutes ago, W16227 said:

Wow, never would have seen that.  I still buy moderns, but not CM.  Would have crashed and burned on that book.

Nailed two, just off on the CM and way off on the Showcase.  Thought it looked 7.5ish based on other books I just got back.  Is there a reading crease I missed?

3 minutes ago, toro said:

Wow, never would have seen that.  I still buy moderns, but not CM.  Would have crashed and burned on that book.

Not too many contestants dropped the ball on the CM.

7 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Just bump the PM.  I've having issues using the search PMs feature.

PM bumped and I had already posted the screenshot... :wishluck:

Woot.  2 bullseyes and a .5 and 1.0 off.  I totally had the CM at 9.6...which hedges the bet between 9.4 and 9.8...but last year I used that strategy and kept missing on the 9.8s...thought to myself gotta go for the bullseye and out-thunk myself... doh!

Started out with 6.0 on the SHOWCASE and then figured it's a trick book and the CB crease is a production flaw and bumped my grade to 7.0...always undergrading (mostly) on these contests... :pullhair:

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

Nailed two, just off on the CM and way off on the Showcase.  Thought it looked 7.5ish based on other books I just got back.  Is there a reading crease I missed?

There are two issue on the back cover of the Showcase.   Someone must have seen them.

4 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

There are two issue on the back cover of the Showcase.   Someone must have seen them.

Is that a tear upper left?  Looks like a printing crease.  And is there a slight finger print smudge?

7 minutes ago, 1Cool said:
12 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Is that a tear upper left?  Looks like a printing crease.  And is there a slight finger print smudge?

There are two tape pulls according to the graders notes.  One is easy to find near the center of the back cover (Send NO MONEY) and the second might be on the top left corner of the upper, right most packets of sends.