• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Round of 128
2 2

223 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Why  did the round he lost in overrule the round he won in?

I was up against Hado officially and he scored higher. Unca Scrooge had a BYE but I accidentally was recorded there as well. All good

3 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I was up against Hado officially and he scored higher. Unca Scrooge had a BYE but I accidentally was recorded there as well. All good

gotcha

18 minutes ago, kav said:

Why  did the round he lost in overrule the round he won in?

That second Shadow entry was the problem match-up. Earlier, W16227 was also mistakenly entered into that TOP match-up for Unca Scrooge. Instead of Shadow being there, it was supposed to be the last 11 seed, WEBHEAD.

That entire match-up was screwed up... :sick:

Just now, sckao said:

That second Shadow entry was the problem match-up. Earlier, W16227 was also mistakenly entered into that TOP match-up for Unca Scrooge. Instead of Shadow being there, it was supposed to be the last 11 seed, WEBHEAD.

-5 points!!!

10 minutes ago, sckao said:

Who's running this thing? ???

11 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

In the OT game, these were the guesses:

jcjames -3.0
jhutton - 5.0

The CGC grade:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20170315_220349365.jpg

1st Cover 6.5! Wow. Cover detached at one staple, creases, 6.5. Wow. I figured MAYBE 4.0 without the detached top staple, but I thought that would have to bring it down at least one grade. Wow.

Congrats jhutton. (thumbsu

Edited by jcjames

3 minutes ago, kav said:

no grade visible

When you're looking at the brackets, and hit the "show larger" in the bottom left corner, the cursor turns into a magnifying glass.  Click the brackets with the magnifying glass to enlarge them.

3 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

When you're looking at the brackets, and hit the "show larger" in the bottom left corner, the cursor turns into a magnifying glass.  Click the brackets with the magnifying glass to enlarge them.

wow that works great thx.  ps what does the 15-8, 36-2 etc mean?

REVISED MATCHUP SCORE (BRACKETS TO BE UPDATED)

(5) jcjames 16-6 ------- 50

(12) jhutton2 0-0 ------- 57 (OT)

jhutton2 advances to the next round of 64

Edited by sckao

5 minutes ago, jhutton2 said:

Wow, surprised that  book got a 6.5.   Squeaked through to the next round I guess :)

Yeah, me too.

Basically they're calling it a 7.5/8.0 if it didn't have the detached top staple. Wow is right.

So for dbl cvr books does CGC give an outer cvr grade, an inner cover grade, and an overall grade?  And quadruple covers get 5 grades?

6 minutes ago, kav said:

So for dbl cvr books does CGC give an outer cvr grade, an inner cover grade, and an overall grade?  And quadruple covers get 5 grades?

I believe it's a grade for each cover with the highest of the grades going in the big box.

10 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

I believe it's a grade for each cover with the highest of the grades going in the big box.

What if they grade the covers but the interior is missing marvel value stamp then what happens?

Edited by kav

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

Then it gets a qualified grade.

ok not missing value stamp then say bunch of writing on inside pages.

3 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Then it gets a qualified grade.

Does it get 3 grades, outer cvr inner cvr total book?