• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Next ComicConnect Auction is putting up some interesting stuff
3 3

217 posts in this topic

I see this as an entry level ante just being raised. I think we will as i have said before see this more and more with big books pending eye appeal and PQ of course but if all was the same i think the low grade BIG books will continue to bring in nice prices.

Edited by gino2paulus2
whoops meant to quote my friend Lou Fines post

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like I was wrong again here.  :facepalm:

I guess all of the serious bidders had already placed their top bids from the get go as there was hardly any movement at all in the end on most of these early Action books.  :whatthe:

The only real exception to this was the Fair 1.0 graded copy of Action 13 that almost pulled a double from its price of $12K as the auction on this book was ending.  Looks like it managed to hit just a shade over $22.5K by the time it was all said and done.  The Nova Scotia 8.5 graded copy of Action 21 also didn't do too bad at $28K with a ton of bids placed on it.  (thumbsu

I see this as an entry level ante just being raised. I think we will as i have said before see this more and more with big books pending eye appeal and PQ of course but if all was the same i think the low grade BIG books will continue to bring in nice prices.

15 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I thought the Batman's were all over the map. Strong price on the #1s, so-so on the 3, strong on the 4, weak on the 11, strong on the 52 ...

The 6.0 #11 that just sold for 4995 that  hit 6900 a short time later was "weak"?

a 1.8 breaking 2k weak?

i thought both were very strong results 

Edited by G.A.tor

Really wanted that Bill Barnes 7 :cry: but it was evident that could have went on all night, so given the JB auction around the corner and the annual family summer vacation( also around the corner) I gave it one last bid then decided to back out.

I'm positive I've read on an old Thread somewhere there's a collector ( Boardie?) Who hoards them when they pop up, I reasoned that could be who you're up against , swallow your pride and close the wallet :D

Congrats to whoever picked it up, it's a very cool book 

To those Boardies who without request from me have alerted me to books they know I'm interested in through PM (thank you). And please keep a lookout for this one for me.

Now excuse me while I apply some more ointment to my battle wounds (ouch) 

9 minutes ago, sagii said:

Really wanted that Bill Barnes 7 :cry: but it was evident that could have went on all night, so given the JB auction around the corner and the annual family summer vacation( also around the corner) I gave it one last bid then decided to back out.

I'm positive I've read on an old Thread somewhere there's a collector ( Boardie?) Who hoards them when they pop up, I reasoned that could be who you're up against , swallow your pride and close the wallet :D

Congrats to whoever picked it up, it's a very cool book 

To those Boardies who without request from me have alerted me to books they know I'm interested in through PM (thank you). And please keep a lookout for this one for me.

Now excuse me while I apply some more ointment to my battle wounds (ouch) 

I dropped out at 1300 on the BB7...

3 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I dropped out at 1300 on the BB7...

That originally was my ceiling going in and not a penny over , but you know what they say about the heat of battle....

I went up to 1650, and when that got outbid I shut it down. 

Still waiting to see where this 'Tec 35 will end up at.

Looks like Gotham Kid's estimate is probably a good bet since the book still hasn't moved at all for the past few weeks:

On 4/27/2017 at 10:44 AM, Gotham Kid said:
On 4/27/2017 at 10:26 AM, lou_fine said:

Any guesses as to where this CGC 3.5 copy of 'Tec 35 is going to end up at in the CC auction:  hm

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=700356

35-40K

Less nicer looking 3.0 that sold end 2016

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=685988

Given how most of the early Actions did not have much movement at all during or prior to the extended auction bidding time period yesterday, this classic pre-Robin 'Tec cover just might not even hit the $35K bottom estimate here.  (shrug)

I guess it's just a matter of time before we find out.   :taptaptap:

Edited by lou_fine