• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Next ComicConnect Auction is putting up some interesting stuff
3 3

217 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Primetime said:

yes, I think his name was "Matt" and he lived about an hour north of me (if I recall correctly). I think you bought a 4.0 tec 31 from him....

Yes I believe he did own the book too, but I have another guy in mind.  Not sure out of the two who had it last.

24 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Keeping an eye out on the all star 8 cgc 2.5

Probably a good time to keep an eye out on all of the Wonder Woman related titles such as Sensation and WW since her solo movie is due out sometime later this year which should help to pour a bit of gas on the fire.  hm

9 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Probably a good time to keep an eye out on all of the Wonder Woman related titles such as Sensation and WW since her solo movie is due out sometime later this year which should help to pour a bit of gas on the fire.  hm

+1

On 4/10/2017 at 1:13 PM, Dark Knight said:

I remember that Action 7 from a while back. I think I inquired to buy the book from the owner but he declined many years ago.

On 4/10/2017 at 1:34 PM, Primetime said:

yes, I think his name was "Matt" and he lived about an hour north of me (if I recall correctly). I think you bought a 4.0 tec 31 from him....

Is that Action 7 4.0 the Crestohl copy? The red markings looks familiar. If that's the copy, I remember it was offered on ebay at auction for 15K Bid with a BIN for 25K.  :whatthe: During that time I bought my already sold under copy Action 15 5.5 for only 2K..times has changed.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

9 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

Is that Action 7 4.0 the Crestohl copy? The red markings looks familiar. If that's the copy, I remember it was offered on ebay at auction for 15K Bid with a BIN for 25K.  :whatthe: During that time I bought my already sold under copy Action 15 5.5 for only 2K..times has changed.

It sold on clink for 17 and change at one point. 

2 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

Wow Gator, interesting. At this pace, Action 7 maybe in the top five GA books?

2 years ago I sold a 6.0 for 150

suspect closer to 200+ now

Well, from taking a quick look at most of the auction lots so far, I guess most of the potential bidders must still be sitting on the sidelines waiting until it gets much closer to the end of the auction before they place their bids.  hm  :taptaptap:

Especially if you take a look at a couple of the Church Mile Highs there as they are still sitting at only single and double digit dollar amounts right now, even though there's only a total of 10 Mile High's in this auction here.  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, from taking a quick look at most of the auction lots so far, I guess most of the potential bidders must still be sitting on the sidelines waiting until it gets much closer to the end of the auction before they place their bids.  hm  :taptaptap:

Especially if you take a look at a couple of the Church Mile Highs there as they are still sitting at only single and double digit dollar amounts right now, even though there's only a total of 10 Mile High's in this auction here.  :takeit:

I am probably wrong in my thinking but the ComicConnect format really plays to bidding at the end as long as you can participate live. 

9 hours ago, batman_fan said:
20 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I am probably wrong in my thinking but the ComicConnect format really plays to bidding at the end as long as you can participate live. 

Yes, as long as you can remember to come back when it's time to ring the finishing bell on the auction lot you are interested in.

The only problem with this strategy is that I remembered on many occasions in the past whereby I was tied up with something else at the auction end time or even completely forgetting all about the auction until it's already over.  doh!  :censored:

13 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, as long as you can remember to come back when it's time to ring the finishing bell on the auction lot you are interested in.

The only problem with this strategy is that I remembered on many occasions in the past whereby I was tied up with something else at the auction end time or even completely forgetting all about the auction until it's already over.  doh!  :censored:

Definitely a big risk.  I know I have been bit by it in the past.

I don't trust myself during the live auction.  If it's a book I know I want, I put in my top bid from about day 1 and then I'm done.  There are plenty of people who participate live at the end of the auction so I'm under no illusions that a book will slip through at a relative deal.  It's a gamble to wait around and hope for that scenario, but I've seen way too many people get crazy bidding live and I don't want to get caught up in that and spend more than I think a book is worth.  I've definitely done that.  I suppose I'm just not a very disciplined bidder.  :blush:

6 hours ago, batman_fan said:
7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Definitely a big risk.  I know I have been bit by it in the past.

Yes, and what really gets me is when the book goes for a lot less than what I was initially intending to bid on the book in the first place. 

21 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, and what really gets me is when the book goes for a lot less than what I was initially intending to bid on the book in the first place.

then just put in an internet bid with your max bid some time before the auction ends.

16 hours ago, tth2 said:
On 4/16/2017 at 3:23 AM, lou_fine said:

then just put in an internet bid with your max bid some time before the auction ends.

:idea:

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:
18 hours ago, tth2 said:
On 4/16/2017 at 0:23 AM, lou_fine said:

:idea:

Yes, but that defeats the whole purpose of my strategy as I don't want to show my hand in advance and it also provides the competing bidders with plenty of time to figure out their next move after they see my max bid in play. 

4 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, but that defeats the whole purpose of my strategy as I don't want to show my hand in advance and it also provides the competing bidders with plenty of time to figure out their next move after they see my max bid in play. 

Your max proxy is not known or visible to any other bidder?

1 minute ago, G.A.tor said:
6 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Your max proxy is not known or visible to any other bidder?

Well aware of that, but the chance of having it get there is almost assured if I put it in early.

I guess I am just hoping that the book flies under the radar and everybody forgets about it until I can come in at the last second and scoop it up at a bargain price.  Of course, although it works with some of the other auctions, it doesn't really work that well with CC's 3-minute extended bidding auction format.  :frown: