• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's BATGIRL starring Leslie Grace (2022?)
5 5

471 posts in this topic

On 8/25/2022 at 3:22 PM, Straw-Man said:

lar, if an artist had paid this aquino woman a fee to model for him, and decided after paying her that he was dissatisfied with the painting, would it be ok in your opinion for him to destroy that which he owned?   and should the compensated model's feelings be relevant?

Sam Kieth has admitted to destroying some art he's created over the years

On 8/26/2022 at 11:05 AM, jsilverjanet said:

I've deleted posts worthy of consideration and had others deleted by moderation that were works of art

But did you include 'TM' for additional protection? Otherwise, the mods own it now and are laughing all the way to the imaginary bank.

lol Anyone else remember when Anthony Castrillo went nuts and had a major temper tantrum on Facebook destroying all the commissions he owed people? 

Edited by Buzzetta
Screw it. I will add the artist's name. He did it. Own it.

On 8/26/2022 at 1:19 PM, Buzzetta said:

lol Anyone else remember when Anthony Castrillo went nuts and had a major temper tantrum on Facebook destroying all the commissions he owed people? 

Is he the guy that used the light box to trace over John Byrne's art?

On 8/25/2022 at 3:22 PM, Straw-Man said:

lar, if an artist had paid this aquino woman a fee to model for him, and decided after paying her that he was dissatisfied with the painting, would it be ok in your opinion for him to destroy that which he owned?   and should the compensated model's feelings be relevant?

The original owner can do what he wants, but I don't think art should be destroyed.

On 8/27/2022 at 5:35 AM, Larryw7 said:

The original owner can do what he wants, but I don't think art should be destroyed.

If there is only one owner & artist involved, like a painter who decides a work isn't fit to show and wants to burn it, then I think that is totally fine for them to do with it as they wish.

The issue is when it is a collaborative work by many, with ownership held not by a single person but a conglomerate. There are are no real reasons any film should be destroyed in this age, as we don't have to worry about storage or reusing old tapes, and even for legal reasons it would be key to have it on hand if auditing was needed to confirm the scope of the work or if an issue about its development came to light after the fact. I don't think for a second the Batgirl film will or has been destroyed, that was something lost in translation and at most it's been moved to a secure archive where it will sit forever.

On 8/26/2022 at 4:37 PM, media_junkie said:

Is he the guy that used the light box to trace over John Byrne's art?

Among others, yes. 

Some of his was his own artwork also. 

It was mind numbing.  It had already been revealed that he owed a lot of commissions or refunds to people here.  Then one night he posted on one of the comic book Facebook groups that he was sick of everything and then showed everything he was working on.  Then he proceeded to show all of the artwork, blank covers and even practically finished pieces torn in half followed by a string of even more bizarre statements and comments to the incredulous response of everyone that knew he owed this work to people that already paid him for it. 

On 8/28/2022 at 8:01 AM, Buzzetta said:

Among others, yes. 

Some of his was his own artwork also. 

It was mind numbing.  It had already been revealed that he owed a lot of commissions or refunds to people here.  Then one night he posted on one of the comic book Facebook groups that he was sick of everything and then showed everything he was working on.  Then he proceeded to show all of the artwork, blank covers and even practically finished pieces torn in half followed by a string of even more bizarre statements and comments to the incredulous response of everyone that knew he owed this work to people that already paid him for it. 

Patience Is A Virue

- Michael Golden

goldenscansmallxu1.jpg.3013fb8a5d0e9b9e30435cc5feb3f19c.jpg.484abc087ee6b26defb314d25c6d02f5.jpg

Edited by Bosco685

As far as why Castrillo did this, here are his explanations. 

Again, keep in mind he owed people a lot of money and / or refunds and / or the artwork commissioned in the photos. 

All of a sudden, I remember he suddenly deleted a lot of it. 

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 7.48.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 7.48.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 7.48.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 7.49.17 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

The cancellation has caused reactions from many folks involved with the film ranging from its stars to the directors, Bilall Fallah and Adil El Arbi, who recently addressed the news in a video. The movie was set to star Leslie Grace in the titular role and feature some other exciting names such as Brendan Fraser as Firefly. Recently, Fraser had a chat with Popverse and praised Grace.

"Leslie Grace is her namesake. She's dynamic," Fraser shared. "She gave a great performance. She's a stone-cold professional. You're going to see more from her. And I'm looking forward to it."

Before the Batgirl cancellation, Grace also shared kind words for Fraser and teased their dynamic in the movie.

"She definitely exceeds what I thought," Grace revealed. "I had to summon up some things in me that I didn't even know were there. It was an incredible learning experience to be on set with also action veterans like Brendan Fraser, and soak up it all up. It was so hard because he's our villain and I'm not supposed to like him but he's such a huge teddy bear. He is one of the nicest people that I've ever met. In our fight sequences the way he would just hit marks, it came from all of his experience. You can't improvise that kind of experience. There's some crazy stuff that happens. There's lots of fire because as everyone knows by now, he plays Firefly. There's crazy fire. There's crazy stunts, crazy drops. She's a biker chick, so you're going to see her do a bunch of badassery."

Always remember though.  THIS Batgirl movie has been shelved for the write off.  That does not mean that DC is never going to revisit the topic of Batgirl again.  It also does not mean that Leslie Grace will never play Batgirl again.

For all we know they might have her suit up again in a new costume for a new movie that has Batgirl in it. 

I would not be surprised if she is invited to participate or hired as a lead for another WB movie down the line whether it is in the DCU or not.