• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's BATGIRL starring Leslie Grace (2022?)
5 5

471 posts in this topic

Batgirl was a project green-lit by previous management. Batgirl doesn't fit in the current DCEU. It makes more sense that they axed this for creative reasons rather than financial. Continuing with sequels and projects related only to the already-established universe makes total sense if they want to stop confusing their audience.

The latest cut that they had may not be all that bad, but if it doesn't fit the new plan, it's their money to waste. (shrug)

That's not related to anything, I just wanted to get it off my chest, because it's been bugging me the whole time. 

Just for reference.  List of things killed or cancelled by Discovery since it acquired WB. Do you really think they are going to stop?  The list is also fairly broad in the areas of media it covers.

1. CNN streaming

2. Raised by Wolves

3. Close Enough

4. Gordita Chronicals 

5. Made for Love

6. Chad

7. Full Frontal with Samantha Bee

8. The Busy Debras

9. Joe Pera Talks with You

10. Naomi

11. Legends of Tomorrow

12. Snowpiercer 

13. The Wonder Twins

14. Scoob 2

15. Batgirl

On 8/4/2022 at 11:05 AM, drotto said:

Just for reference.  List of things killed or cancelled by Discovery since it acquired WB. Do you really think they are going to stop?  The list is also fairly broad in the areas of media it covers.

1. CNN streaming

2. Raised by Wolves

3. Close Enough

4. Gordita Chronicals 

5. Made for Love

6. Chad

7. Full Frontal with Samantha Bee

8. The Busy Debras

9. Joe Pera Talks with You

10. Naomi

11. Legends of Tomorrow

12. Snowpiercer 

13. The Wonder Twins

14. Scoob 2

15. Batgirl

It's definitely not over. I have no idea their game plan, but they are clearly cleaning house.

Maybe Disney should do this too?

On 8/4/2022 at 12:08 PM, D84 said:

It's definitely not over. I have no idea their game plan, but they are clearly cleaning house.

Maybe Disney should do this too?

Starting to see rumors that Gotham Knights and Supergirl may be on the block also.

Edited by drotto

On 8/4/2022 at 11:54 AM, drotto said:

Starting to see rumors that Gotham Knights ans Supergirl may be on rhe block also.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere I look.

On 8/4/2022 at 12:55 PM, D84 said:

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere I look.

Apparently, some of the reshoots to Aquaman and wanted reshoots for Flash (what a mess this one is), are to remove lead ins to Batgirl and Supergirl that were included in those films.

On 8/4/2022 at 11:57 AM, drotto said:

Apparently, some of the reshoots to Aquaman and wanted reshoots for Flash (what a mess this one is), are to remove lead ins to Batgirl and Supergirl that were included in those films.

We shall see. I have no problem with using Batgirl or Supergirl, as long as they don't replace Batman and Superman.

There's room enough for all these characters if done right.

On 8/4/2022 at 12:57 PM, drotto said:

I saw a rumor on Twitter yesterday that Keaton's Batman may be in jeopardy, due to:

• The cancellation of Batgirl; and
  • Supposedly (?) replacing his cameo in Aquaman 2 with Ben Affleck

Which would leave only The Flash with his portrayal.

On 8/4/2022 at 1:28 PM, Gatsby77 said:

I saw a rumor on Twitter yesterday that Keaton's Batman may be in jeopardy, due to:

• The cancellation of Batgirl; and
  • Supposedly (?) replacing his cameo in Aquaman 2 with Ben Affleck

Which would leave only The Flash with his portrayal.

Again the rumor is that Keaton had 4 or 5 scenes in Batgirl that were tied into the Flash.

The bigger issues is Batgirl, Supergirl, and Flash were all tied together to a degree.   Now one film is already gone, and the other two are also being mentioned as at risk.

Edited by drotto

On 8/3/2022 at 9:42 PM, Beige said:

Is anyone really going to lose sleep over not seeing the Batgirl movie?

Did anyone expect excellence from a woman who's career totals 1 film role and 8 MTV dancing roles?

Or 2 directors with 3 films between them (and a load of........MTV video clips) - the biggest question is how on earth JK Simmons, Brendon Fraser and Michael Keaton were dragged into this?

Out of all the peeps getting their panties in a wad - why?

Y'all subscribe to HBO or something just to see it?

If you DO want to see it - apparently a French dubbed version was released in Canada on a tiny run (according to IMDB) - so it must be out there somewhere. (shrug)

I was excited for Firefly and Keaton's Batman. I know nothing of the writers, directors, or lead actress so I had no expectations from any of them. 

On 8/4/2022 at 11:08 AM, drotto said:

Again the rumor is that Keaton had 4 or 5 scenes in Batgirl that were tied into the Flash.

The bigger issues is Batgirl, Supergirl, and Flash were all tied together to a degree.   Now one film is already gone, and the other two are also being mentioned as at risk.

Can they just cut Flash already.  Does ANYONE want to see that film given the massive legal woes surrounding the lead actor?

On 8/4/2022 at 2:26 PM, ExNihilo said:

Does ANYONE want to see that film given the massive legal woes surrounding the lead actor?

Yes, tons, including me. I don't care that the actor is a ridiculous mess, I care about his portrayal of The Flash because of his performance (and the writing) in ZSJL.

On 8/4/2022 at 2:48 PM, Point Five said:

The author who was posting details the other day.

On 8/3/2022 at 7:10 PM, Bosco685 said:

The Hollywood Reporter on what went down.

They are much more plugged in than any of us.