• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's BATGIRL starring Leslie Grace (2022?)
5 5

473 posts in this topic

The Batgirl movie project has found its director. Or, rather, in this case, its directors.

Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, the duo behind the 2020 hit Bad Boys for Life, have closed a deal to steer Warner Bros.’s DC feature centering on Barbra Gordon, the daughter of Gotham City police commissioner James Gordon.

Christina Hodson, who wrote Bumblebee and is in the Warners fold with her screenwriting on Birds of Prey and The Flash, penned the -script for what is being planned as movie for HBO Max.

Kristin Burr, who is gearing up for the release of Cruella later this month, is producing.

Barbra Gordon is the most established version of the Batgirl character, who was initially introduced in 1961 as Betty Kane. But the character was revamped in 1967 when television executives wanted to attract a female audience to the Batman TV series, then faltering in its third season. Yvonne Craig played the character whose last live-action big-screen appearance was with Alicia Silverstone in Joel Schumacher’s 1997 movie Batman & Robin.

batgirl01.PNG.ec851fb5037627569690359dd3db3964.PNG

EXCLUSIVE: Even though audiences won’t see Robert Pattinson in The Batman for another eight months, Warner Bros. and DC Films are putting the wheels in motion on its next big superhero. Sources tell Deadline execs are expecting to test a group of actresses starting this week for the highly coveted title role of Batgirl.

Although test deals still are being locked up and some already have passed, the talent expected to test for the role includes Isabella Merced, Zoey Deutch and Leslie Grace. We also have heard Haley Lu Richardson’s name, but she might have bowed out before the test process.

The studio had no comment on the testing process.

The film will bow on HBO Max, marking one of the first major DC properties to bow exclusively on the streamer. Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah will direct the pic from a -script by Christina Hodson. Kristin Burr is producing.

J. K. Simmons is coming back to the Bat-beat.

The Oscar-winning actor is in negotiations to reprise the role of classic Batman character Commissioner James Gordon in Batgirl, Warner Bros.’ feature for HBO Max that is casting up swiftly.

In the Heights breakout Leslie Grace nabbed the titular role this week. Bad Boys for Life filmmakers Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah are directing from a -script by Christina Hodson, the DC mainstay behind Birds of Prey and the upcoming The Flash. Kristin Burr is producing.

Plot details are being kept in the library but the project is looking to be released in 2022 on WarnerMedia’s streaming service, HBO Max.

On 8/3/2021 at 9:45 PM, Wolverinex said:

This movie explains why Tec 359 is on a roll... 

Bosco, do you know if this Power Girl movie is still in the works?

https://ideas.fandom.com/wiki/Power_Girl_(2019_Film)#:~:text=Power Girl is an upcoming,as Power Girl%2FKaren Starr .

It was noted at an AT&T investor day event it was. But what is frustrating with WB Studios is it will hint at a film to see how the market responds. Then think it over for months if it should be made.

:(

Glasgow is to once again double up as Gotham City hot on the heels of blockbuster The Flash with the news that filming for superhero movie Batgirl has started pre-production in the city.

Glasgow Live can reveal that principal footage for the HBO movie will take over the city streets in November, with directors Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah (of Bad Boys 4 Life fame) landing in the city on Tuesday to scout out locations ahead of the shoot commencing.

Co-director Adil El Arbi took to Instagram to share a photo of the pair at Glasgow Airport with the caption: “Just landed in Gotham City” along with a bat emoji, before posting a follow up pic yesterday with production designer Christopher Glass in a van in what appears to be the southside along with the caption: “Location scout in Gotham City with production designer”.

Leslie Grace is revealing how she found out that she’d been cast as Barbara Gordon in “Batgirl,” the upcoming HBO Max superhero film. The “In the Heights” star was asked by the filmmakers to jump on a last-minute Zoom for a final casting test before being directed to read the text of an email they had just sent her.

“I open it and it says, ‘I’m Batgirl’… and my brain broke,” Grace told me at the MTV VMAs on Sunday at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

She said, “It was an incredible moment. When I mean incredible, I mean the textbook definition of, I could not believe it. My brain actually broke when I got the news.”

Grace immediately got to work by reading as many comics as she could. “That was my first question—what do I read?” she said, adding, “I’m like, ‘Send me everything I need to learn.’ I just bought every comic and just starting asking so many questions.”