• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's BATGIRL starring Leslie Grace (2022?)
5 5

471 posts in this topic

On 6/6/2022 at 11:00 AM, Bosco685 said:

Word is Zaslov wants many of these in theaters first before streaming so as not to disrupt their box office results.

Smart move. It is already developed, why not maximize the return before it goes to a monthly subscription basis.

Sounds like he may be the leader they need to turn things around on the DCU side. :wishluck:

The leaders of the studio determined ultimately, in spite of reshoots and increased budget, did not work, according to insiders. 

Damn!

For them to axe it after it was basically finished (*with* re-shoots)?

That's hardcore.

Cue the Queen intro riff...

Another one bites the dust!

On 8/2/2022 at 5:48 PM, paperheart said:

release the Snyder cut

On 8/2/2022 at 5:53 PM, darkstar said:

Somehow they managed to do worse than Snyder, quite a feat. 

That's just ignorant. But typical.

:facepalm:

To quote someone else on Twitter, "Just release it? I mean...it can't be worse than the DCEU films they have released."

But honestly - I was looking forward to this primarily for Michael Keaton and Brendan Frasier.

That they feel they can't even release it as an Elseworlds film on streaming speaks volumes.

And how will this affect The Flash? Keaton's Batman intro'd here, yes?

On 8/2/2022 at 5:42 PM, Bosco685 said:

That's just ignorant. But typical.

:facepalm:

How is it ignorant? The movie was so bad they couldn't even sell it as a straight to streaming property, which oddly enough is where Snyder currently finds himself. So yeah the Batgirl movie must have been an abomination. 

On 8/2/2022 at 7:06 PM, darkstar said:

How is it ignorant? The movie was so bad they couldn't even sell it as a straight to streaming property, which oddly enough is where Snyder currently finds himself. So yeah the Batgirl movie must have been an abomination. 

The folks on here that hate on Snyder like it is a sport are so mentally confused. A director making comic book movies deserves that? Just admit it - you can't quit him, cowboy!

On 3/9/2022 at 12:23 PM, darkstar said:

I'm not incorrect. Snyder was tasked with building the foundations of the DC movie universe. He was given several attempts to jumpstart it and failed. Any attempt to deny this is nothing more than sympathy for his child dying clouding one's ability to assess the situation objectively. IF Snyder was a visionary he would still be the number one guy at Warner Bros. and the Justice League franchise would still be a thing, you wouldn't have Pattinson batman, you wouldn't be needing Keaton batman to save that awful Flash casting, and you would still be getting a movie about Cyborg. Snyder's foray into the DC universe was a total failure. 

On 3/9/2022 at 7:30 AM, darkstar said:

I didn't watch the Youtube video you posted as it serves no purpose. 

What reality? Snyder makes bad movies. That is reality. He's a music video director incapable of making a competent feature film. You get three to five minutes of a functioning narrative and then his movies flatline. If he was some sort of visionary he would be in control of the entire DC movie catalog. Instead he was banished to Netflix to make even worse movies from new IPs. If I had some sort of irrational hatred for the guy I would've trashed him in the various threads for his movies during my time here...and yet I haven't. I already said Dawn of the Dead was good, but Army of the Dead was terrible, another one his gems that can be turned off after the opening credits. 

On 3/9/2022 at 2:57 PM, darkstar said:

WB scrapped everything Snyder started. That has everything to do with Snyder. His movies underperformed over and over and over again and he got booted. There isn't anything else to say about it. If what he did was successful he would still be there and the actors in the roles in the movies he made would still be in those roles in ongoing projects with WB...and they aren't. 

Again you called the guy a visionary and haven't been able to make any case at all for him being one, you're just attempting to color his numerous past failures as achievements. 

That the DCEU is still going isn't evidence of anything that what Snyder put on the screen was good. Those are billion dollar IPs, Warner Bros will continue cranking them out in order to print money, regardless of how many attempts have stalled out. 

On 4/8/2022 at 10:46 AM, darkstar said:

Great casting from the visionary Zach Snyder. :roflmao:

:baiting: