• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ExNihilo said:

I honestly <3 this picture more than the scene from the movie.

It really sends a message of camaraderie between the actresses I really like. Bring on the A-Force!  

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

It really sends a message of camaraderie between the actresses I really like. Bring on the A-Force!  

This is one of the things I will truly miss about this current era of the franchise: the camaraderie.  Not just amongst the actresses, but amongst all of the cast and crew.  Seeing them goof around during press interviews or on the 'gram or wherever else, there's a real sense that the filmmaking experience was truly unique, even by Hollywood standards.

Avengers Writers Confirm Marvel's Disney+ Shows Deal With the Aftermath of Endgame

Unlike the current slate of Marvel TV shows, these Disney+ series will be directly tied to the MCU movies. Now we're learning more about just how closely tied to the films the Disney+ shows will be. As the writers of Avengers: Endgame are now confirming that the upcoming first slate of Disney+ MCU shows will deal directly with the aftermath of Avengers: Endgame!

Fandango sat down with Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely to talk about the events of Endgame, when the subject of the Disney+ shows (What If?, Falcon & Winter Soldier, and Loki, to name a few) came up. Here's what Markus revealed about their connection to Endgame:

"All I know is that I believe that they take the events of this movie into full consideration. They're not on a side continuum."

When asked directly if these Disney+ shows exist in a world where Avengers: Endgame has taken place, Markus followed with, "I believe so, yes."

It seems pretty clear where the connections between Avengers: Endgame and the Disney+ series occur:

• Loki - After the 2012 version of Loki escaped custody after the Battle of New York with the Tesseract (thanks to meddling by the present-day Avengers), it now seems like the Loki TV series will follow what happens with the God of Mischief afterwards.
  • WandaVision - While Scarlet Witch was resurrected from being dusted by The Snap, Vision was never restored to life in Avengers: Endgame. This WandaVision now seems to be the venue where we could see Wanda Maximoff take steps necessary to bringing her robotic beau back from the dead.
  • What If? - Marvel's alternative reality animated series is kicking off with a premiere episode that imagines a world where Peggy Carter becomes Captain America, while Steve Rogers works with Howard Stark to become Iron Man. Before Endgame it seemed as though 'What If?' was just taking a flight of fancy with this storyline; now, it seems like it could be a crucial epilogue to Avengers: Endgame's controversial ending.

$1.785MM, zips past $2BB on FCBD

Deadline's OH SO TIGHT domestic estimate:

Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame is stepping all over everyone with an estimated $44M second Friday, -72% from a week ago (which included $60M previews), on its way to $137M-$177M, a second-weekend take that easily will best the $114.8M second FSS of Avengers: Infinity War last year.

Edited by paperheart

Here's an update to my 12 week domestic projections if Endgame follows a similar pattern to Infinity War:

12 weeks = 946.68 million

Infinity War made just over double opening week @ 338.33/678.81, so I would think 950 domestic is possible.

Endgame does have some competition coming over the weeks though, so only time will tell.

week 1 - 473.89

week 2 - 208.51 (-56%)

week 3 - 112.59 (-46%) Pokemon Detective Pikachu, Tolkien

week 4 - 54.04 (-52%) John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum

week 5 - 37.83 (-30%) Aladdin, Brightburn

week 6 - 21.18 (-44%) Godzilla: King of the Monsters

week 7 - 15.04 (-29%) Dark Phoenix, The Secret Life of Pets 2

week 8 - 10.98 (-27%) Men in Black International, Shaft

week 9 - 5.49 (-50%) Child's Play, Toy Story 4

week 10 - 3.78 (-31%)

week 11 - 1.97 (-48%) Spider-Man: Far from Home

week 12 - 1.38 (-30%) The Lion King

I think it's realistic to expect:

850 - 950 domestic (currently 473.89)

650 - 700 China (currently 547.54)

1.2 - 1.4 billion overseas (currently 800)

Potentially passing Avatar & TFA domestically, maybe even 3 billion worldwide.

China got a major boost from their 3 day holiday (Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday) this week, so I expect big drops there next week. Endgame's 2nd Friday only seems to have dropped 40%, so it could reach 600+ with a 50% drop on Saturday & Sunday.

Tuesday $28.34

Wednesday $79.55

Thursday $46.99

Friday $63.03

Saturday $81.98

Sunday $30.96

Monday $18.47

Tuesday $37.99

Wednesday $74.42

Thursday $50.05

Friday $35.76

Total $547.54 million 

Edited by chezmtghut

As bored as I am with comic movies, I am inversely excited about this movies performance. Please Disney keep my comic book collection increasing in price for another 15 years until I am ready to retire and unload the lot.

7 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Wow. It's gonna pass Infinity War, The Force Awakens, and Titanic all in 2 weeks total..?

The numbers are staggering, but it's comparisons like this that are really eye opening.  Especially when you consider the conversation in the Infinity War thread just a year ago about how impressive those numbers were when they were rolling out.  The #2 film all time in just a little over 10 days is absurd. 

35 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I caught that in a few articles touching on this as well. Pretty cool stuff!

The true inspiration for that number has already been revealed - and it's not the run times.  Some other articles also suggested the run times and/or math is a little bit off but I didn't check it myself.

18 minutes ago, 234wallst said:

The true inspiration for that number has already been revealed - and it's not the run times.  Some other articles also suggested the run times and/or math is a little bit off but I didn't check it myself.

Ahh. I had not read that. Thanks for the details.