• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Chaos_in_Canada said:

20 hours ago, paperheart said:

eyes on #1.  WW 60/40, US 30/70

10 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

HOLY!

From those China box office reports, it could bring in 550 - 600 million by Sunday. Likely be the best 2nd week for any Chinese import. 

Tuesday $28.34

Wednesday $79.55

Thursday $46.99

Friday $63.03

Saturday $81.98

Sunday $30.96

Monday $18.44

Tuesday $37.57

Wednesday $75.13

Thursday ($55-$60 estimated)

Total $462.44 million 

Edited by chezmtghut

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I wonder who got dusted in the snap, Ben or Jerry? Both?

Neither as they chowed down on Raging Schweddy Balls, and all was well with their world.

the_hulk_ben_and_jerrys.thumb.png.37ed3bf0c0414282476c37d57bed7608.png

7 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

From those China box office reports, it could bring in 550 - 600 million by Sunday. Likely be the best 2nd week for any Chinese import. 

Tuesday $28.34

Wednesday $79.55

Thursday $46.99

Friday $63.03

Saturday $81.98

Sunday $30.96

Monday $18.44

Tuesday $37.57

Wednesday $59.25+

Total $446.11M+

On 4/28, GavinFeng estimated $550MM final total. On 4/30, it was $535MM by the end of this week.  Clearly, it's blowing way past those guesses (hard to even call China #'s estimates). 

5 minutes ago, paperheart said:

On 4/28, GavinFeng estimated $550MM final total. On 4/30, it was $535MM by the end of this week.  Clearly, it's blowing way past those guesses (hard to even call China #'s estimates). 

Actually, he upped it just recently.

I'm unclear on exactly what Mjolnir does in the MCU.  In the original comic, Don Blake is a human who finds Mjolnir, and the hammer transforms him into the god Thor, so ALL of the power comes from the hammer.  At one point Jane picks up Mjolnir and becomes a female version of Thor herself.

In the MCU--and I think also with the Ultimate version of Thor in the comic--Thor is just Thor, he's not also Don Blake except when he poses as him in street clothes.  In Ragnarok they make an explicit point of having Odin explain to Thor that Mjolnir just helps him to focus his power as a god, it's not the source of it.

So on to Endgame:

Spoiler

Let's just assume Cap can now pick up the hammer because he's now worthy for whatever reason.  I see people on the web hypothesizing it's because he came clean with Tony about Bucky killing his dad, but SHEESH, I hope that's not it, that seems friggin' cheesy.  But let's just say it's something like that.  What exactly does the hammer do for Cap?  Is my memory tricking me, or did I see him shooting some lightning from Mjolnir during that fight with Thanos?  Maybe I'm remembering that wrong...if I am, what does it do for him?  Hit really hard and fly around the battlefield, I guess?

Edited by fantastic_four

4 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I'm unclear on exactly what Mjolnir does in the MCU.  In the original comic, Don Blake is a human who finds Mjolnir, and the hammer transforms him into the god Thor, so ALL of the power comes from the hammer.  At one point Jane picks up Mjolnir and becomes a female version of Thor herself.

In the MCU--and I think also with the Ultimate version of Thor in the comic--Thor is just Thor, he's not also Don Blake except when he poses as him in street clothes.  In Ragnarok they make an explicit point of having Odin explain to Thor that Mjolnir just helps him to focus his power as a god, it's not the source of it.

So on to Endgame:

Reveal hidden contents

Let's just assume Cap can now pick up the hammer because he's now worthy for whatever reason.  I see people on the web hypothesizing it's because he came clean with Tony about Bucky killing his dad, but SHEESH, I hope that's not it, that seems friggin' cheesy.  But let's just say it's something like that.  What exactly does the hammer do for Cap?  Is my memory tricking me, or I did I see him shooting some lightning from Mjolnir during that fight with Thanos?  Maybe I'm remembering that wrong...if I am, what does it do for him?  Hit really hard and fly around the battlefield, I guess?

Spoiler

"Whoever holds this hammer, be he worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

16 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

So on to Endgame:

Hide contents

Let's just assume Cap can now pick up the hammer because he's now worthy for whatever reason.  I see people on the web hypothesizing it's because he came clean with Tony about Bucky killing his dad, but SHEESH, I hope that's not it, that seems friggin' cheesy.  But let's just say it's something like that.  What exactly does the hammer do for Cap?  Is my memory tricking me, or I did I see him shooting some lightning from Mjolnir during that fight with Thanos?  Maybe I'm remembering that wrong...if I am, what does it do for him?  Hit really hard and fly around the battlefield, I guess?

Spoiler

Cap's worthiness is over a body of work.  For people hypothesizing it's this or that...it's not.  It's everything that Cap embodies and how he has carried himself throughout his entire life that makes him worthy.

To @TwoPiece's point, the wording on the hammer is very clear, "shall posses the power of Thor."  It doesn't say "shall become Thor."  Thor himself is able to control and call forth lightning...that is (one of) his power.  Cap uses the lightning twice that I can remember, most significantly when he calls forth a big lightning bolt and slams it down on Thanos.

Edited by ExNihilo