• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 234wallst said:

What studios don't understand is movie goers want quality films - not necessarily any specific "type" of movie.  Is every MCU movie great?  No, but they are at least decent.  Is every MCU movie entertaining and worth my dollars.  Yes.  Is every non-MCU superhero movie a success - absolutely not.

It's got to sting a little bit for Cameron to lose the top spot if Avatar falls - it's understandable.  It's just personal pride and not necessarily jealously.  But his dig about "do something different" took it a little too far.  The very foundation of the MCU was to immerse you into their world and I'm going to have to say it was very successful.

That first point was what Diane Nelson (former WB/DC Entertainment President) noted last year, in that any of these movies should target quality for itself as a key goal. So she was driven off Twitter for that statement, as it was assumed she was attacking franchises when she fully supported Joker going forward as a strong stand-alone movie not dependent on a franchise.

Former DC Chief Deletes Twitter Account Following Tweet Backlash

And that is most probably what Cameron was going after as well. But he said it in a way it allows for offense to be taken.

33 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

You never know, maybe that line in the new Spider-Man: Far from Home trailer about

Spoiler

needing another Iron Man will lead to a future Morgan Stark coming from another universe to play Iron heart?

Really good 2-hour interview podcast with Kevin Smith and Marc Bernardin talking to the main Marvel Universe screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.  They wrote all of the Cap movies, Thor: the Dark World, Infinity War, and Endgame.

https://www.smodcast.com/channel/smodcast?audio=414

48 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I feel like that last half billion is gonna be really tough to get.

It's definitely not coming in over the next 2 weeks like the 1st 2+ billion. I don't see why it can't make another 500 - 600 million worldwide over the next few months though. Infinity War was in theaters for 20 weeks, so I would imagine Endgame lasts as long. What would really help is another 4 week boost in China.