• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

The movie while very entertaining has some serious flaws. They get a pass because of the run Disney/Marvel have has but this movie isn’t perfect or great.

I agree IW was better. The first two hours weren’t as long as I was lead to believe and in fact I felt the final act was too short but I know they had to wrap it up. 

That being said, I would not want to watch the first two hours again. 

Thor was great and in the end I’m a huge Captain America fan. He was outstanding 

i am more annoyed at the Spider-Man/Iron man connection #nouncleben

id love to see a Netflix Ronin series 

I liked the Hulk and the way they tied everything up

im still not sure what everyone “shed a tear” about 

7/10 for me

36 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

7/10 for me

For me, there were about 3 tear jerker moments whether it was a sad or happy family scene. First 2/3 of End Game a bit slow (as others have posted) but I was surprised at how the directors did a good job tieing together up to 20 :bigsmile: different heroes/heroines and their film stories (e.g. Ancient One).

6 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

For me, there were about 3 tear jerker moments whether it was a sad or happy family scene. First 2/3 of End Game a bit slow (as others have posted) but I was surprised at how the directors did a good job tieing together up to 20 :bigsmile: different heroes/heroines and their film stories (e.g. Ancient One).

Yeah you could hear people crying in the theater I was in.

I'm glad a movie like this can bring people together.

Also on a pace to set the domestic record above Force Awakens and be the first film to bust $1 billion domestic.  Through Tuesday it has done $427 million domestically, and by that same day Force Awakens had only done $325 million.

17 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

No tears here, but I definitely swelled with emotion.  Largely because this is the finale to something that has been hugely important to the person that I am.  I've been collecting for 30 years now and comics were kinda my first foray into a world of science and fantasy.  Because of comics, I became aware of and participated in other such things like Magic: the Gathering, D&D, Vampire: the Masquerade, etc.  So yeah, comics have shaped the kind of person I am and the things that I am interested in.  And to see these characters that you only read about or dreamed about in your head...to see them on screen in such an epic fashion, was something that brought me an intense amount of joy.  And with Endgame in particular, to know that this is the end of this wondrous chapter, I couldn't help but get a little emotional.

Spoiler

I mean, on countless nights I would fall asleep envisioning the scene with Cap wielding Mjolnir and his shield and how I would have directed it.  But to finally see it realized on screen, it's something that you've been looking forward to so much and it's just thrilling when that dream becomes reality.

I was going to wait until this movie neared the end of its run but I know one of you turds is going to spoil it for me. I don’t like tip-toeing around the forum.  Off to see it tomorrow morning.