• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free Comic Book Day 2017
1 1

40 posts in this topic

Free Comic Book Day 2017

Everybody going to hit FCBD? What are you going after? I always get the Simpsons but after that I stumped. Any suggestions? I don't know what the "secret" Marvel and DC books are all about? Was hoping to get something Disney, Superman or Wonder Woman for my grandaughter. 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

Wasn't there supposed to be an Old Man Logan Statue for FCD 2017? I'd be interested in that.....

If it's true, does anyone know the price?

I take my daughter every year and just let her pick out what she wants.   I think my LCS is allowing a few per person (and more if you bring a non-perishable food for donation).   Based on the list I see, we'll probably end up with some combo of the following books:

Loud House

Sponge Bob

Barbie

Descendants

Simpsons

Monster High

1 hour ago, jason4 said:

LCS is having scott Snyder and John romita jr. But no cgc so I'm not having my books signed.:(

Sometimes they'll do sketches on art board....might be kinda cool, also with big names like that they may not do sketches or everybody would want one :) 

51 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Sometimes they'll do sketches on art board....might be kinda cool, also with big names like that they may not do sketches or everybody would want one :) 

Mine is having Adam Hughes. I think he's only signing the Betty and Veronica and no sketches. :tonofbricks:

15 hours ago, AJD said:

You can see the comics for 2017 here. I have no idea what 'gold' and 'silver' means though. No Disney this time, it seems. Alas, it'll be hit and miss what I find in the LCS.

Gold and silver are the levels of support from the publishers.  Publishers are losing money on FCBD, since they pay more to print the books than they receive (a few cents each) from the comic shops.  Gold sponsors agree to provide a minimum number of books far in advance of the orders being taken, at their own "loss", in exchange for being identified to the world as "Gold Sponsors".

It takes money to prove to people that you have money. lol

My local stores love the day. There are a lot of "pikers" who just show up and take but there are a lot of people buying all day long as well. Plus the exposure and good will is good for all. I always make a point of spending some money even if it's on supplies or boxes at all the stores I go to. Kids LOVE it and they are the future of this hobby. I always bring a half a dozen kids from my street as well as my grand daughter. They love it.

25 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

My local stores love the day. There are a lot of "pikers" who just show up and take but there are a lot of people buying all day long as well. Plus the exposure and good will is good for all. I always make a point of spending some money even if it's on supplies or boxes at all the stores I go to. Kids LOVE it and they are the future of this hobby. I always bring a half a dozen kids from my street as well as my grand daughter. They love it.

Some shops say it is the best sales day of the year and i always buy something for their effort !

16 hours ago, valiantman said:

Gold and silver are the levels of support from the publishers.  Publishers are losing money on FCBD, since they pay more to print the books than they receive (a few cents each) from the comic shops. 

That's a good reminder... FCBD is not free. Be kind and thank your local stores for participating!

Edited by oldmilwaukee6er

I always try to buy a back issue, mylites or mag box from my LCS to help support FCBD. My LCS is handing out free Valerian movie preview mag that has graphic novel pages reprinted in English in support of the 50th anniversary of Valerian:

UzjKvZu.jpg